Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Everton loanee: I'll bring goals to Bolton Wanderers

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

New Wanderers loanee Harry Charlsey hopes he can quickly get among the goals at his new club.

The Everton midfielder was joint top-scorer in the Blues’ Under-23s last season, netting 12 times in 23 matches as David Unsworth’s side lifted the Premier League Two trophy.

And after a bright start against Brentford in his Championship debut on Saturday, Charsley is looking to get among the goals in his stay with Bolton too.

“I work hard, get around the pitch and score goals – that’s what I try to do,” he told the club.

“I like to think I have got that side to my game, so I’m hoping I can bring it here.”

Charsley made his debut for Everton in the Europa League this season and had been looking to go out on loan in the previous window.

The Republic of Ireland Under-21 international is pleased to get an opportunity to play senior football before returning to Goodison for the final year of his contract.

“I really enjoyed making my debut,” he said. “Hopefully that will continue here and I get plenty of appearances in.

“I have been waiting a while to get out on loan and I’m glad it has happened. It’s a great club to be at.”

David Wheater was impressed by the way the new loan arrival fit into midfield, playing behind front man Gary Madine in the 2-0 defeat at Brentford.

“I think he did well,” said the Wanderers defender. “It’s a tough ground to make your debut – it’s tight and the fans are right on you.

“It will stand him in good stead to see what the Championship is all about. It’s the toughest league, for me, much more than the Premier League. Hopefully he can kick on.”

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wheater wrote:“It will stand him in good stead to see what the Championship is all about. It’s the toughest league, for me, much more than the Premier League.”

Of course it is David, Burton and Barnsley are far better than Man City and Liverpool.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum