Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Bolton 1-1 Ipswich

Bolton 1-1 Ipswich

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

31 Re: Bolton 1-1 Ipswich on Sat Jan 20 2018, 20:18

rammywhite

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
I agree with everything Nat said apart from her comment on Ameobi- he was just dire but produced the odd bit of football that resembled what you might call 'skilled'.
The first half today was about as bad as I've seen all season. Why can't they just get the ball on the ground and pass it. 95% of todays headers were misdirected.
Ipswich were utterly mediocre(apart from their No.10 who I thought was the best player by miles!)
Waste of a day today

32 Re: Bolton 1-1 Ipswich on Sat Jan 20 2018, 23:26

Sluffy

Admin
Highlights here -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

33 Re: Bolton 1-1 Ipswich on Sun Jan 21 2018, 08:31

Kane57

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Madine missed a straightforward header at 1-0 yesterday. He also fluffed it from a yard out v Wednesday.

34 Re: Bolton 1-1 Ipswich on Sun Jan 21 2018, 10:40

wessy

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Madine missed a straightforward header at 1-0 yesterday. He also fluffed it from a yard out v Wednesday.

No he didn't he scored a good goal and got on the end of a decent cross, the header was almost on the by line at an angle that would have been difficult for any striker. Fair point on the other game he should have scored.

35 Re: Bolton 1-1 Ipswich on Sun Jan 21 2018, 10:44

wessy

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I agree our short passing game is woeful at times(all the time), even players who should be able to pass just never found a white shirt, Vela, Buckley, Derik etc, it should be second nature to these guys but it never happens.

If Vela uses his left foot first minute he scores but he pokes at the ball with his good foot instead.

36 Re: Bolton 1-1 Ipswich on Sun Jan 21 2018, 12:45

MartinBWFC

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I agree our short  passing game is woeful at times(all the time), even players who should be able to pass just never found a white shirt, Vela, Buckley, Derik etc, it should be second nature to these guys but it never happens.

If Vela uses his left foot first minute he scores but he pokes at the ball with his good foot instead.
That's because hoof is the tactic of choice, you feel that professional footballers should be able to pick out a short pass, but if tactics dictate otherwise then you get the feeling they have lost that skill of a short pass, just my opinion but it makes sense.

37 Re: Bolton 1-1 Ipswich on Sun Jan 21 2018, 13:04

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:That's because hoof is the tactic of choice, you feel that professional footballers should be able to pick out a short pass, but if tactics dictate otherwise then you get the feeling they have lost that skill of a short pass, just my opinion but it makes sense.

What a load of shite. When you went 5 years without intercourse, did you forget how to do it?

38 Re: Bolton 1-1 Ipswich on Sun Jan 21 2018, 13:18

MartinBWFC

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:That's because hoof is the tactic of choice, you feel that professional footballers should be able to pick out a short pass, but if tactics dictate otherwise then you get the feeling they have lost that skill of a short pass, just my opinion but it makes sense.

What a load of shite. When you went 5 years without intercourse, did you forget how to do it?
I wouldn't know, please let us all know how it feels.

39 Re: Bolton 1-1 Ipswich on Sun Jan 21 2018, 14:22

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I wouldn't know, please let us all know how it feels.

I'm a virgin, as you well know.

40 Re: Bolton 1-1 Ipswich on Sun Jan 21 2018, 16:07

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
We are a very long way from the quality of football that is played in the Premiership these days and if we are ever going to compete at that level again we will need an entirely new squad, however that's for the future because right now we are struggling to survive in the second tier with players that have no transfer fee,, will accept relatively low wages and TBH nobody else wants. It's difficult to say if Parky is getting the best out of them or not, but in all honesty he doesn't have much in the way of raw materials to work with.
So when we talk about needing more quality and consistency etc and yet are within our budget, I reckon we'd be very lucky indeed to pick up players who genuinely meet those criteria.
Whilst we all have opinions on what needs to change, I think we need to be realistic about what we can get.

41 Re: Bolton 1-1 Ipswich on Sun Jan 21 2018, 16:33

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Any player, even if he was a free transfer, should be able to control a football and pass it to a colleague who is 5 yards away.

Too many excuses being made for the current Bolton squad.

42 Re: Bolton 1-1 Ipswich on Sun Jan 21 2018, 16:52

Cajunboy

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
It's a miracle we have got out of the bottom three; not sure how long that will last unless we can get some new blood into the squad.

They probably all need about 8 pints.

43 Re: Bolton 1-1 Ipswich on Mon Jan 22 2018, 06:40

Growler

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:It's a miracle we have got out of the bottom three; not sure how long that will last unless we can get some new blood into the squad.

I agree, I think to stay up we need to sign at least one quality attacking midfield player or striker.The club loses £3.5 million in TV revenue next season if we get relegated so there's a financial incentive there to sign one on loan for the remaining 18 games

Signings like the trainee from the Everton reserves who lasted half a game are a waste of time and money.We need to get someone proven in on loan, even its one past his prime like Henry

44 Re: Bolton 1-1 Ipswich on Mon Jan 22 2018, 07:35

Kane57

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
The idea being to sell madine for as much as possible, bring in someone cheap to replace and plug that worrying funding gap

45 Re: Bolton 1-1 Ipswich on Mon Jan 22 2018, 09:01

Norpig

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
A poor game played by 2 poor teams, but when will Parky wake up to the fact we can't defend a lead? Time and time again we manage to get a lead then Parky has them stationed on our own 18 yard line trying and failing to see a game out.
Is he that blind, stupid or just stubborn?

46 Re: Bolton 1-1 Ipswich on Mon Jan 22 2018, 10:03

rammywhite

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:A poor game played by 2 poor teams, but when will Parky wake up to the fact we can't defend a lead? Time and time again we manage to get a lead then Parky has them stationed on our own 18 yard line trying and failing to see a game out.

I'm not sure that it is Parky who's thick- we can see it and he must surely see it. I think its down to piss poor players without stamina or skill who just fall back because the other teams have git more attacking ability. he needs to get subs on more quickly- but the ones he's got don't perform.

47 Re: Bolton 1-1 Ipswich on Mon Jan 22 2018, 10:28

okocha

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:A poor game played by 2 poor teams, but when will Parky wake up to the fact we can't defend a lead? Time and time again we manage to get a lead then Parky has them stationed on our own 18 yard line trying and failing to see a game out.

I'm not sure that it is Parky who's thick- we can see it and he must surely see it. I think its down to piss poor players without stamina or skill who just fall back because the other teams have git more attacking ability. he needs to get subs on more quickly- but the ones he's got don't perform.
:agree:

48 Re: Bolton 1-1 Ipswich on Mon Jan 22 2018, 10:33

Norpig

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
If the players aren't fit enough to see out a 90+ minute game that is down to Parky and his training and it keeps happening.
I know we are short in midfield, but where was Karacan on Saturday? A fresh pair of legs to replace Henry would have been better than keep changing the wide players who by the end were playing as wing backs anyway. 
If not Karacan then surely have one of the younger players like King perhaps to come on and press who would at least have some energy to put themselves about a bit rather than just sinking further and further back.

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum