Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Kyle Edmund

Kyle Edmund

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Kyle Edmund on Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:30 pm

Sluffy

Admin
A shout out for young tennis player Kyle Edmund who has made it through to the semi-final of the Australian open.

Can't say I'm a tennis fan - in fact I more often than not avoid it if I can - but I did see a bit of this lad season before last when watching the historic Davies Cup victory of ours.

He seemed to have a wonderful forehand shot that made him stand out at the time.

I guess he's added a bit of experience to that now to take him to his first major semi-final.

Even if he goes no further he's done really well and hopefully he will be a power to be reckoned with in years to come.

Three minutes of highlights beating the world number three here -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/42795598

2 Re: Kyle Edmund on Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:59 am

Growler

David Lee
David Lee
As well as the great forehand he was mentally stronger than Dmitrov at the crucial points.After Edmund lost his serve in the final set, he broke Dmitrov straight away and then got the match finished on his first match point.
A great forehand and great mental strength might be enough against Cilic who has had his temperamental issues

3 Re: Kyle Edmund on Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:31 pm

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Can't see it happening but if somehow Edmund manages to beat Cilic he'll overtake Andy Murray to become England's number uno. Whatever the outcome he's done incredibly well to get this far.

4 Re: Kyle Edmund on Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:38 pm

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
He'll never win a major.

5 Re: Kyle Edmund on Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:47 pm

Growler

David Lee
David Lee
It should just beĀ  a matter of weeks at the latest until Edmund overtakes Murray, I read that Murray will be around 150 in the world rankings if he is absent until the grass court season as expected.

6 Re: Kyle Edmund on Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:52 pm

Growler

David Lee
David Lee
Natasha Whittam wrote:He'll never win a major.

The last all time great to break through was Djokovic.

Djoko only became a great at the age of 23 when he won three of the four majors of the year starting in Australia.

Edmund is age 23....

7 Re: Kyle Edmund on Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:56 pm

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
He's a South African who lives in the Bahamas. :bomb:

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum