Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ameobi - no new contract talks?

+3
Boggersbelief
Growler
Sluffy
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ameobi - no new contract talks? Empty Ameobi - no new contract talks? Mon Feb 05 2018, 10:03

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

SAMMY Ameobi has promised Wanderers they can bank on him in a survival fight.
The former Newcastle United man is ready to play anywhere as Phil Parkinson remodels his Whites attack, following the sale of Gary Madine to Cardiff.
Match-winner against Bristol City on Friday night, Ameobi is out of contract at the end of the season. And the flamboyant star feels he has something to pay back to the Bolton supporters who were chanting his name at the Macron Stadium.
“It’s something you never get used to – it’s a wonderful feeling and it’s something I will never take for granted. I am very grateful to the fans here for taking to me.

“The club hasn’t said anything to me (about a new contract) but I am enjoying myself here.
“The manager, the fans have been very patient with me and I owe them a lot.
“Hopefully I can repay that and we will see what the future holds.”
Madine’s sale and the deadline day arrival of Tyler Walker and Zach Clough from Nottingham Forest now leaves Parkinson with some mid-season reorganisation on his hands.

Ameobi insists the character in the Wanderers squad – so evident in the Bristol City win – can make up for the target man’s departure.
“Gary is a massive loss, we know the quality he has,” he said. “I think he deserves the move he got. We wish him well but it pulls us together. It would be easy to feel sorry for ourselves and go down that route ‘you sold our best player’ kind of thing.
“But that’s not what we want. We’re focussed on staying in the league no matter who goes, or who comes in.
“That win was a great way to show we are not dead and gone and we’re very much looking to stick around and fight.”
Ameobi, nearly 6ft 4ins, is unsure whether he could be a direct replacement for Madine after switching to a central role on Friday.
“I don’t think I have got the physical stature of Gary Madine – but to be honest I really enjoyed it up there,” he said. “I got a little bit more freedom to wander.”

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/15919621.Ameobi_wants_to_repay_debt_to_Wanderers_fans_by_firing_them_to_survival/

2Ameobi - no new contract talks? Empty Re: Ameobi - no new contract talks? Mon Feb 05 2018, 11:22

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Ken will be thinking that he'll be saving money every week Ameobi is on his existing contract.

3Ameobi - no new contract talks? Empty Re: Ameobi - no new contract talks? Mon Feb 05 2018, 13:20

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I’ve backed KA all the way, think he’s doing a great job. But if he lets Ameobis contract wins down and lose him on a free that will be unforgivable

4Ameobi - no new contract talks? Empty Re: Ameobi - no new contract talks? Mon Feb 05 2018, 13:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

See if you feel the same in 6 games time when he's done fook all.

5Ameobi - no new contract talks? Empty Re: Ameobi - no new contract talks? Mon Feb 05 2018, 13:22

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:See if you feel the same in 6 games time when he's done fook all.

The guy is pure quality and would fetch £10+ Mill in today’s market

6Ameobi - no new contract talks? Empty Re: Ameobi - no new contract talks? Mon Feb 05 2018, 13:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hope you're right, but he's too inconsistent for me.

7Ameobi - no new contract talks? Empty Re: Ameobi - no new contract talks? Mon Feb 05 2018, 20:52

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Not worth £10m, as he cannot be counted on to put in a full game. We need to find how to motivate him for a constant and persistent performance, each game.

8Ameobi - no new contract talks? Empty Re: Ameobi - no new contract talks? Thu Feb 08 2018, 19:57

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

First name on the team sheet for Fulham, consistent or not

9Ameobi - no new contract talks? Empty Re: Ameobi - no new contract talks? Thu Feb 08 2018, 20:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:First name on the team sheet for Fulham, consistent or not

Henry is more important.

10Ameobi - no new contract talks? Empty Re: Ameobi - no new contract talks? Thu Feb 08 2018, 20:56

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Henry needs a rest, whether we can afford to give him one is another matter.

Ameobi is great when he's on form, but invisible when he isn't. Still would do everything possible to keep.

11Ameobi - no new contract talks? Empty Re: Ameobi - no new contract talks? Thu Feb 08 2018, 21:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Kane57 wrote:Henry needs a rest

Don't you start.

He's a professional athlete who has to run around for 90 minutes every 7 days, then spends the rest of the time being pampered and watching daytime TV.

Rest, my arse.

12Ameobi - no new contract talks? Empty Re: Ameobi - no new contract talks? Thu Feb 08 2018, 22:07

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

He looked done for against Bristol without Pratley there doing his running for him

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum