Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Bolton 1-1 Fulham

Bolton 1-1 Fulham

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1 Bolton 1-1 Fulham on Mon Feb 05 2018, 16:16

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Always going to be a tough one this, but with the loan signing of Mitrovic Fulham are more dangerous than ever now. Fulham are on the up - they've had 5 straight wins and will be confident of beating us. 
Our lot will have to play out of their skins again to get anything from this, but I'm hoping that home advantage may give us the draw. TBH anything from this and Tuesday's away game at Cardiff would be a result IMO.

2 Re: Bolton 1-1 Fulham on Mon Feb 05 2018, 20:11

Sluffy

Admin
Mitrovic is nothing special - that's why he's been loaned by Newcastle to Fulham.

Fulham are on fire though and are the most inform team in the division over the last six games.

They are scoring freely and keeping clean sheets.

Hard to see past a Fulham win (maybe even a hammering) but here's hoping.

My heart says 0-0 my head says 0-3 for them.

3 Re: Bolton 1-1 Fulham on Mon Feb 05 2018, 21:21

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Sluffy wrote:Mitrovic is nothing special - that's why he's been loaned by Newcastle to Fulham.

Fulham are on fire though and are the most inform team in the division over the last six games.

Mitrovic would bully our defence, lucky us that he doesn’t seem to be in the best of shape right now

4 Re: Bolton 1-1 Fulham on Mon Feb 05 2018, 21:24

Kane57

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Looking forward to seeing this Ryan Sessegnon lad in the flesh - he looks absolutely brilliant.

I'll take any result that isn't a taterin'

5 Re: Bolton 1-1 Fulham on Mon Feb 05 2018, 23:57

Sluffy

Admin
Boggersbelief wrote:
Sluffy wrote:Mitrovic is nothing special - that's why he's been loaned by Newcastle to Fulham.

Mitrovic would bully our defence, lucky us that he doesn’t seem to be in the best of shape right now

Would he really?

Yes he was a £13 million buy for Newcastle but he didn't keep them up.  In the Championship last year he got just 4 goals from 25 leagues appearances and Benitez - who was desperate to strengthen the team - rather take a punt on  Slimani on loan from Leicester who only has 1 goal in 12 league games this season.

Fulham were flying before Mitrovic's loan and I doubt he would start against us anyway.

This being football, no doubt he'll score a hat-trick against us - but I doubt we'll see much of him in the game in all honesty.

As Kane (Chris) says above, Sessegnon is the one to watch - certainly one for the future.

(Don't forget to give Tim Ream a cheer on his return).

6 Re: Bolton 1-1 Fulham on Tue Feb 06 2018, 08:26

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Fulham are full of goals this season,but,I still feel we can come out of this one with at least a point. Two points from Fulham/Cardiff games would be OK by me.
Anything more would be a bonus.

7 Re: Bolton 1-1 Fulham on Tue Feb 06 2018, 08:53

y2johnny

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
Bolton 3 - 0 Fulham

Ameobi
Clough x 2

8 Re: Bolton 1-1 Fulham on Tue Feb 06 2018, 09:36

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
y2johnny wrote:Bolton 3 - 0 Fulham

Ameobi
Clough x 2
You have the score correct just the wrong team.

I cannot see us getting anything from this game unfortunately.

9 Re: Bolton 1-1 Fulham on Tue Feb 06 2018, 10:10

y2johnny

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
Shush kp you negative ninny

10 Re: Bolton 1-1 Fulham on Tue Feb 06 2018, 10:29

gloswhite

Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
I think this new found confidence will make a big difference. Having said that, we need a decent game plan, tactics, etc, to drop into place for this game. Something we don't know about yet, but I'll go for the slightly positive, and look for a 1-1 draw, (Clough)

11 Re: Bolton 1-1 Fulham on Tue Feb 06 2018, 10:47

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
y2johnny wrote:Shush kp you negative ninny
Very Happy

12 Re: Bolton 1-1 Fulham on Tue Feb 06 2018, 19:55

wessy

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Yep its a tough one and yes they are a very good team and in form. However in there last six away games they have lost two and drawn one, losing at Sunderland and drawing at Hull that surely gives us a shout.

They beat an out of form Cardiff best result away at Boro other than Cardiff non of there success was against a team in the top 8. We have a better home record on form than Fulhams away form (last 6 )

13 Re: Bolton 1-1 Fulham on Tue Feb 06 2018, 21:02

NickFazer

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
We will need to score at least twice to get anything from this game I think, hopefully it will freezing cold and wet and they won't fancy it. COYW

14 Re: Bolton 1-1 Fulham on Thu Feb 08 2018, 15:20

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Ref watch: Robert Jones to officiate Fulham clash

Robert Jones will take charge of Wanderers’ Sky Bet Championship clash with Fulham at Macron Stadium on Saturday.

Enjoying his first campaign as a Football League referee last season, Mr Jones oversaw his first ever Whites fixture back in January 2017 when Phil Parkinson's side hosted Charlton Athletic.

Manning his maiden second tier outing in April, he has taken charge of 30 games so far this season, dishing out 82 yellow cards and six red cards along the way.

David Avent and Jonathan Hunt will run the line, while Ryan Johnson is the fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

15 Re: Bolton 1-1 Fulham on Thu Feb 08 2018, 16:16

T.R.O.Y

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Ah yes Ref Watch! Been waiting all week for this!

16 Re: Bolton 1-1 Fulham on Thu Feb 08 2018, 16:28

rammywhite

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
I think the players will be up for this, showing that the Bristol result wasn't just a flash in the pan. I reckon a close match which we won't lose. Don't know if its a win or a draw but we'll come away with at least a point. And it'll be a good match to watch as well.

17 Re: Bolton 1-1 Fulham on Thu Feb 08 2018, 17:19

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
T.R.O.Y wrote:Ah yes Ref Watch! Been waiting all week for this!

Very Happy

18 Re: Bolton 1-1 Fulham on Fri Feb 09 2018, 15:01

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
You won't get a reaction out of me but if you don't like it here (like last time) then you know where the door is pal!

19 Re: Bolton 1-1 Fulham on Fri Feb 09 2018, 16:44

gloswhite

Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Best non-reaction I've seen for a long tome KP  Very Happy

20 Re: Bolton 1-1 Fulham on Sat Feb 10 2018, 03:54

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Very Happy

21 Re: Bolton 1-1 Fulham on Sat Feb 10 2018, 08:56

T.R.O.Y

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
karlypants wrote:
You won't get a reaction out of me but if you don't like it here (like last time) then you know where the door is pal!

Can’t a man just be excited to see who’s reffing our match?

22 Re: Bolton 1-1 Fulham on Sat Feb 10 2018, 10:13

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Preview: Five talking points ahead of Bolton Wanderers v Fulham

After Friday night's victory over Bristol City, Wanderers are back at Macron Stadium as they host Fulham this Saturday. Looking to maintain their advantage over the Sky Bet Championship relegation zone, bwfc.co.uk highlights five talking points ahead of the Whites' clash with the Cottagers.

1. Home form

Having lost just once at home in the Sky Bet Championship since September, Friday night's victory over Bristol City sees Wanderers head into this weekend's fixtures three points clear of the relegation zone.

Boasting a game in hand over their rivals, the Whites know how important every last point will be come the end of the season.

Looking to make home advantage count once again after last week's victory over one of the division's promotion-hopefuls, Bolton will be hoping it's a case of same again against Fulham on Saturday.

There's no place like home. Back the boys this weekend! Tickets for tomorrow's game are open sale.

2. Sammy Ameobi

After selling Gary Madine to Cardiff City on Transfer Deadline Day, the Trotters turned to fellow-Geordie Sammy Ameobi to fill the striker's boots in attack last week, with the 25-year-old responding in memorable fashion.

A constant thorn in the Bristol City defence, Ameobi put in a man-of-the-match performance with his second half solo-efforts sealing all three points for Wanderers.

Utilised centrally, the forward initially supported loanee Tyler Walker in attack before pushing further forward following the introduction for Zach Clough.

Having shown his quality in both positions, and with one eye on a potential Nigeria call-up ahead of this summer's World Cup in Russia, Ameobi will once again be the Whites' one-to-watch when they take to the field against Fulham.

And having already scored once against the Cottagers this season, you would not bet against him proving another decisive contribution!

3. Fulham at February

A quirk of the Football League fixture list, Saturday's game sees Bolton face Fulham for the seventh time in February since 2005, with five of those previous six encounters coming at Macron Stadium.

Although the Trotters' recent form against the Cottagers does not make for pretty reading, it's a different story when it comes to Wanderer's February form against Fulham with the Whites unbeaten in those aforementioned six matches, winning five.

And with their last victory in this fixture coming three years ago to the day of Saturday's match, a game which saw Adam Le Fondre score his first Bolton goal in a 3-1 win, maybe fortune will favour the Trotters come 3pm on Saturday.

4. Club shop signing session

Before the game tomorrow, winger Will Buckley will be in attendance for a signing session from 2pm in Bolton Central.

He will be in the Trotters’ retail outlet to meet supporters and sign autographs and memorabilia - a perfect pre-match treat for fans to take pictures with the Whites' number 11.

There will also be special offers available in Bolton Central including the opportunity to buy Wanderers Return and a 2018 calendar for a combined price of just £5 while there is also 20% off home and away shorts and socks.

To shop the full range of merchandise meanwhile, please visit [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The session will finish with plenty of time to get into the ground for the game, so come down and have your shirts signed by the midfielder!

5. Memories Match

Fans are being encouraged to wear retro shirts at Saturday's game in line with the fixture being Wanderers' official Memories Match in support of those suffering from dementia.

The special matchday is part of the Bolton Wanderers Community Trust’s ongoing support of Bolton becoming a dementia friendly town, beginning in Horwich.

The BWCT are part of the Bolton Dementia Action Alliance, which has the aim of bringing local organisations, groups and businesses together to improve the lives of people living with dementia.

Bolton Wanderers are holding this special matchday meanwhile to raise the awareness of dementia, social isolation and loneliness, alongside promoting Bolton Wanderers Community Trust’s Sporting Memories sessions that take place once a month at Macron Stadium.

A variety of fans' and former players' memories meanwhile will be published in the club's matchday programme.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

23 Re: Bolton 1-1 Fulham on Sat Feb 10 2018, 10:14

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

24 Re: Bolton 1-1 Fulham on Sat Feb 10 2018, 10:27

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Reckon we'll nick this by the odd goal. Now I just need to find my thermal long johns.

25 Re: Bolton 1-1 Fulham on Sat Feb 10 2018, 14:40

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Barnsley and Shelf W draw - good for us if we can get something from these next two games.
Assuming there's no radio today so anybody have a link to a broadcast?

26 Re: Bolton 1-1 Fulham on Sat Feb 10 2018, 14:50

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

27 Re: Bolton 1-1 Fulham on Sat Feb 10 2018, 14:51

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
wanderlust wrote:Barnsley and Shelf W draw - good for us if we can get something from these next two games.
I cannot provide the radio unfortunately due to being a million miles away from Bolton mate.

28 Re: Bolton 1-1 Fulham on Sat Feb 10 2018, 15:04

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
karlypants wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Barnsley and Shelf W draw - good for us if we can get something from these next two games.
I cannot provide the radio unfortunately due to being a million miles away from Bolton mate.
No problem KP - enjoy your trip!

29 Re: Bolton 1-1 Fulham on Sat Feb 10 2018, 15:05

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
wanderlust wrote:
karlypants wrote:
No problem KP - enjoy your trip!
Cheers mate. Smile

30 Re: Bolton 1-1 Fulham on Sat Feb 10 2018, 15:07

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
karlypants wrote:
Have a wonderful and safe trip... we all appreciate what you do for us... especially during a silent Saturday!  Have fun mate!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum