Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why Flanagan is at Bolton

+3
Leeds_Trotter
Norpig
Sluffy
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Why Flanagan is at Bolton Empty Why Flanagan is at Bolton Thu Feb 08 2018, 09:22

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

PHIL Parkinson will give Jon Flanagan a chance to relaunch his career at Wanderers.
The deadline day loan arrival from Liverpool has endured a host of problems on and off the pitch in the last few years which saw him slip from the fringes of the England World Cup squad and the Premier League to the obscurity of Under-23s football.
Flanagan had been a first team regular at Anfield, making his debut at 18, and had already won his first England cap when a knee injury struck in 2014, requiring two operations.

A year-long loan at Burnley on his return did not go according to plan and though he got back into the Liverpool team and earned a new three-year deal under Jurgen Klopp last January – a high-profile conviction for common assault earlier this year threatened to end his chances at the top level.
Convinced the 25-year-old can play a significant part for Wanderers in their Championship survival fight, Parkinson wants to offer Flanagan a chance to start rebuilding his reputation at the Macron.
“When we knew there was a chance of signing Jon, the first thing we did was speak to people who have worked with him in the past,” the Whites boss explained.
“No-one in football has anything but good things to say about him as a character and a player but we’re aware of the historical factors around him. There has been a court procedure there, and he knows he’s got to get his career going again. He’s come here looking to improve his reputation and we’ll give him a platform to do that.”
Flanagan made his playing return for Liverpool’s Under-23s at the end of last month and was included on the bench by Parkinson in Friday night’s win over Bristol City.

The full-back hopes he can find the consistent football which has eluded him over the last couple of seasons.
“I’ll always back my ability,” he said. “I was flying but that’s football, injuries happen, but I have got to get back to he level I was at.
“I think I can bring stability to the squad. My defending is the key so hopefully I can get as many clean sheets and points as possible.”

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/15963617.Liverpool_defender_can_get_career_going_again__says_Parkinson/

2Why Flanagan is at Bolton Empty Re: Why Flanagan is at Bolton Thu Feb 08 2018, 09:52

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I just think it was a waste of a loan, Little has been great recently so why change it?

3Why Flanagan is at Bolton Empty Re: Why Flanagan is at Bolton Thu Feb 08 2018, 09:59

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Norpig wrote:I just think it was a waste of a loan, Little has been great recently so why change it?
Back up, should Little get injured we only have Darby as cover and he is awful. Little will need a rest at some stage, good moved IMO.

4Why Flanagan is at Bolton Empty Re: Why Flanagan is at Bolton Thu Feb 08 2018, 10:11

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Why will little need a rest. I know this is the bullshit excuse they will use but he is a young lad who plays football.  Its not as if he is doing 8 hours on a building site and then playing.  He should just be back up and nothing more.  And even then id of rather used a 16year old from the academy than that waste of skin and oxygen

5Why Flanagan is at Bolton Empty Re: Why Flanagan is at Bolton Thu Feb 08 2018, 10:21

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why Flanagan is at Bolton 9k=
 Too young for military service, during the war he worked as a Bevin Boy in the mines, rising at half past three in the morning to put in a 10-hour shift hauling coal tubs before training with Wanderers in the afternoon.

A rest my arse.

6Why Flanagan is at Bolton Empty Re: Why Flanagan is at Bolton Thu Feb 08 2018, 10:26

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

It does seem as an odd signing, an unnecessary one even, with being only a preferred back up to Little at right back in preference to Darby (who is signed for two years).

Yes Little could get injured but we could always play Morais or someone else there at a pinch.

I'm thinking we probably got an offer to take Flanagan on loan without a fee - and Anderson went for it - nothing to lose and a good player on the books if needed.

Either that or there is some master plan that he is crucial to and as not been revealed to us all yet!

7Why Flanagan is at Bolton Empty Re: Why Flanagan is at Bolton Thu Feb 08 2018, 10:27

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was thinking more about the effect it would have on Little, he's been playing well and then we bring in another right back who admittedly on paper should be a better player but has hardly played. 
I just hope Liverpool haven't stipulated he has to play a certain number of games.

8Why Flanagan is at Bolton Empty Re: Why Flanagan is at Bolton Thu Feb 08 2018, 10:32

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Players do need resting from time to time. In order to keep them fresh for upcoming games and to keep down risk of injury. Believe it or not, players don't just rock up on a Saturday afternoon and or Tuesday evening and just put in a 90 minute shift then do nothing for the rest if the week.

9Why Flanagan is at Bolton Empty Re: Why Flanagan is at Bolton Thu Feb 08 2018, 11:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Embarrassing comments from Parky regarding Twatface.

He should resign.

10Why Flanagan is at Bolton Empty Re: Why Flanagan is at Bolton Thu Feb 08 2018, 11:14

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He can play left back as well. And he’s much better than Robinson at defending.

Good signing

11Why Flanagan is at Bolton Empty Re: Why Flanagan is at Bolton Thu Feb 08 2018, 11:28

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Joey Barton after his ban?

12Why Flanagan is at Bolton Empty Re: Why Flanagan is at Bolton Thu Feb 08 2018, 12:24

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Joey Barton after his ban?

Yes!

13Why Flanagan is at Bolton Empty Re: Why Flanagan is at Bolton Thu Feb 08 2018, 12:34

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Joey Barton then ched Evans 

Madine back on loan

As we speak lee Anderson is watching the strangeways xi vs forest bank

14Why Flanagan is at Bolton Empty Re: Why Flanagan is at Bolton Thu Feb 08 2018, 12:46

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

New back five on the way.
Why Flanagan is at Bolton Giphy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum