Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » About Time

About Time

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 About Time on Mon Feb 19 2018, 18:51

xmiles

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Mutilating the genitals of children is a barbaric practice and should be illegalised.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-43111800

2 Re: About Time on Tue Feb 20 2018, 08:42

Norpig

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Its a tricky one as it is part of Jewish and Muslim cultural beliefs. I can understand banning FGM but not sure on this one.

3 Re: About Time on Tue Feb 20 2018, 09:17

xmiles

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Norpig wrote:Its a tricky one as it is part of Jewish and Muslim cultural beliefs. I can understand banning FGM but not sure on this one.

FGM is definitely also a cultural belief. UNICEF estimated in 2016 that 200 million women living today in 30 countries—27 African countries, Indonesia, Iraqi Kurdistan and Yemen—have undergone the procedures. Yet in this country we have no qualms about banning it.

4 Re: About Time on Tue Feb 20 2018, 09:54

Leeds_Trotter

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
If it becomes a law of the land, then people should abide by it, no matter what their religious beliefs.

5 Re: About Time on Tue Feb 20 2018, 10:12

Norpig

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Its a dangerous path to go down though banning things like this as it can breed hatred and encourage extremism.

6 Re: About Time on Tue Feb 20 2018, 10:17

Leeds_Trotter

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Norpig wrote:Its a dangerous path to go down though banning things like this as it can breed hatred and encourage extremism.
There has to be a line where we stop pandering to religion. Subways have already stopped selling bacon in some of it's stores, it's an outrage.

7 Re: About Time on Tue Feb 20 2018, 10:51

T.R.O.Y

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Agree with xmiles about banning all forms of genital mutilation. If you want to be circumcised do it when you’re an adult (not FGM though that’s just mutilation).

As for Subway, if they’ve stopped selling bacon in certain stores it will be because they weren’t selling enough of it (most likely in areas with a higher Islamic or Jewish population) nothing to do with pandering.

8 Re: About Time on Tue Feb 20 2018, 10:53

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I pity poor xmiles, every day there's something new to be outraged about.

9 Re: About Time on Tue Feb 20 2018, 11:54

Leeds_Trotter

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
T.R.O.Y wrote:Agree with xmiles about banning all forms of genital mutilation. If you want to be circumcised do it when you’re an adult (not FGM though that’s just mutilation).

As for Subway, if they’ve stopped selling bacon in certain stores it will be because they weren’t selling enough of it (most likely in areas with a higher Islamic or Jewish population) nothing to do with pandering.
You are wrong TROY. Leeds city centre does not have a high Islamic or Jewish population. I asked the manager as to why they didn't have bacon and his response was because we are a halal store. When will our country get a backbone? What a fucking joke.

10 Re: About Time on Tue Feb 20 2018, 12:07

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Leeds_Trotter wrote:I asked the manager as to why they didn't have bacon and his response was because we are a halal store. When will our country get a backbone? What a fucking joke.

You fat bastard, buy a salad.

11 Re: About Time on Tue Feb 20 2018, 12:18

Leeds_Trotter

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:I asked the manager as to why they didn't have bacon and his response was because we are a halal store. When will our country get a backbone? What a fucking joke.

You fat bastard, buy a salad.
I'm not the one who eats too many twirls.  Laughing

12 Re: About Time on Tue Feb 20 2018, 12:31

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Leeds_Trotter wrote:I'm not the one who eats too many twirls.  Laughing

People often ask me if I'm a professional athlete.

I am thinking of releasing the "Twirl & Pepsi" diet plan to the world. I will make millions.

13 Re: About Time on Tue Feb 20 2018, 12:34

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:I'm not the one who eats too many twirls.  Laughing

People often ask me if I'm a professional athlete.

I am thinking of releasing the "Twirl & Pepsi" diet plan to the world. I will make millions.
They probably think you're a shot putter.

14 Re: About Time on Tue Feb 20 2018, 13:51

T.R.O.Y

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Leeds_Trotter wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:Agree with xmiles about banning all forms of genital mutilation. If you want to be circumcised do it when you’re an adult (not FGM though that’s just mutilation).

You are wrong TROY. Leeds city centre does not have a high Islamic or Jewish population. I asked the manager as to why they didn't have bacon and his response was because we are a halal store. When will our country get a backbone? What a fucking joke.

Maybe the manager or staff are Muslim or Jewish? Is bacon in a shit sandwich really that important?

15 Re: About Time on Tue Feb 20 2018, 14:07

Leeds_Trotter

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
T.R.O.Y wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:

Maybe the manager or staff are Muslim or Jewish? Is bacon in a shit sandwich really that important?
That doesn't matter, it's the principle. Religious choices shouldn't take priority. Say someone who worked there was who was indeed Muslim or Jewish, why choose to work at an establishment that serves food if you feel so strongly about certain types of foods? Religion and it's beliefs  shouldn't be something that is forced upon people going about their everyday business. It shouldn't be at the forefront of society, it's all bullshit. What people want to do in their own homes and spare time, fair enough. However when it starts to take over everyday living then it becomes a problem. Religion only causes more divide than it does togetherness, I've no time for any of it. Complete nonsense.

16 Re: About Time on Tue Feb 20 2018, 14:38

Angry Dad

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
xmiles wrote:Mutilating the genitals of children is a barbaric practice and should be illegalised.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-43111800
fucking right about time.

17 Re: About Time on Tue Feb 20 2018, 14:40

Angry Dad

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Norpig wrote:Its a tricky one as it is part of Jewish and Muslim cultural beliefs. I can understand banning FGM but not sure on this one.
Fuck their cultural beliefs it's a load of old wank.

18 Re: About Time on Tue Feb 20 2018, 16:11

Norpig

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Angry Dad wrote:
Fuck their cultural beliefs it's a load of old wank.
Ever thought of a job in the Diplomatic Corps AD?  Very Happy

19 Re: About Time on Tue Feb 20 2018, 16:12

finlaymcdanger

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
From genital mutilation to bacon bans within 5 posts. That's quite a feat!

20 Re: About Time on Tue Feb 20 2018, 16:20

T.R.O.Y

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Leeds_Trotter wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:

That doesn't matter, it's the principle. Religious choices shouldn't take priority. Say someone who worked there was who was indeed Muslim or Jewish, why choose to work at an establishment that serves food if you feel so strongly about certain types of foods? Religion and it's beliefs  shouldn't be something that is forced upon people going about their everyday business. It shouldn't be at the forefront of society, it's all bullshit. What people want to do in their own homes and spare time, fair enough. However when it starts to take over everyday living then it becomes a problem. Religion only causes more divide than it does togetherness, I've no time for any of it. Complete nonsense.

More of a cultural thing to be honest, it’s a middle eastern thing to see pigs as dirty and exclude them form a diet. 

But that’s besides the point.

Subway is a franchise, if the franchise owner has decided to run a halal establishment based on his own principles or his staffs, that’s his choice. What makes you think your opinion/offence is more important?

21 Re: About Time on Tue Feb 20 2018, 17:18

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
On that basis,any hotel that turned away a LGBT couple,based on the owners and staffs Christian beliefs,would be quite within their rights to do so.
But the law says different.

22 Re: About Time on Tue Feb 20 2018, 19:07

Cajunboy

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
boltonbonce wrote:On that basis,any hotel that turned away a LGBT couple,based on the owners and staffs Christian beliefs,would be quite within their rights to do so.
It's only a matter of time before sheep shaggers have a special coloured ribbon to pin on their lapels.

They've been misunderstood for so long.

23 Re: About Time on Tue Feb 20 2018, 19:47

T.R.O.Y

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
boltonbonce wrote:On that basis,any hotel that turned away a LGBT couple,based on the owners and staffs Christian beliefs,would be quite within their rights to do so.

Disagree mate, nobody has a right to bacon. If somebody doesn’t want to sell if they’re well within their rights not to and aren’t discriminating against a group of people in doing so.

Turning away someone based on their sexuality is an attack on a rout of people, rather than a salty meat.

24 Re: About Time on Wed Feb 21 2018, 13:46

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Tower Hamlets MPS

✔️@MPSTowerHam

[ltr]Please do not contact us about the #KFCCrisis - it is not a police matter if your favourite eatery is not serving the menu that you desire. Smile [/ltr]

25 Re: About Time on Wed Feb 21 2018, 13:51

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Leeds Trotter will be all over this story, the fat bastard.

26 Re: About Time on Wed Feb 21 2018, 14:03

T.R.O.Y

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
It’s a disgrace though, these store closures are forcing us to change our way of life.

27 Re: About Time on Wed Feb 21 2018, 14:22

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
The corner shop had no wholemeal bread this morning. The cops still haven't turned up.

What are we paying them for?

28 Re: About Time on Wed Feb 21 2018, 14:31

Angry Dad

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Do you still have corner shops up north?

29 Re: About Time on Wed Feb 21 2018, 14:39

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Angry Dad wrote:Do you still have corner shops up north?
Yes. Ours is a Nisa,and Risley Spar is just around the corner.

30 Re: About Time on Thu Feb 22 2018, 10:35

Reebok Trotter

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Shows the arrogance of my mother, she had a bit cut off before she knew how big it was going to be.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum