Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Owen Coyle resigns from Ross County

+3
Boggersbelief
MartinBWFC
BoltonTillIDie
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Owen Coyle resigns from Ross County Empty Owen Coyle resigns from Ross County Thu Mar 01 2018, 18:25

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Owen Coyle has resigned from his position as manager of Ross County.

The club confirmed the news on Thursday evening.

"Myself and the Chairman had a chat on Monday and after some reflective thought I felt for the good of Ross County - and the challenging situation with my family being in England," Coyle said in a short statement.

"It was in everyone's best interests for me to offer my resignation, which the Chairman duly accepted."

Club chairman Roy MacGregor has thanked Coyle for his time in charge of the team.

"We thank Owen and Sandy for their time at Ross County Football Club and wish them well for the future."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12040/11272187/owen-coyle-resigns-as-ross-county-manager

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Worth a punt?

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wonder where he’d be now if he’d have stayed at Burnley

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Boggersbelief wrote:Wonder where he’d be now if he’d have stayed at Burnley

First Division of the North West Counties Football League.

(You can't get any lower in the EFL!).

Note - apparently John McGinlay was part of his backroom staff, I'd thought I'd not heard much from him in recent months at the Macron - nor Kelly come to that?

I loved McGinlay as a player but he clearly keeps backing the wrong horse behind the scenes (Holdsworth, the ST, Coyle, Wigan, etc) in my opinion.

(I don't think he's involved with the pub he had in Horwich too?)

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I've had a few laughs at the Ross County fans forum whilst Coyle was there.

The one I've been following periodically (and I believe is their biggest - if not their only forum) - is called Over the Bridge.

When they appointed him as manager a Blackburn fan told them how bad he was and they didn't believe him - I guess you wouldn't think anybody could be so bad really?

Then a few weeks in a Ross County fan (or a troll maybe) called for Coyle's head and was roundly told to fuck off - even though he correctly predicted what would happen.

One of the RC fans obviously could see for himself how bad Coyle was sent back his Season Ticket and told the forum to delete him as he didn't intend to post again under Coyle - fair play to him.

Even now Coyle's gone the majority still seem to feel that although he was clueless he did well in the January Transfer window (he brought in N'gog for God sake!!!).

The Blackburn supporter popped back to tell them (in the nicest possible way - he told them so) and was given respect.  The RC fan/Troll did the same thing as was told he was a wanker!

They still believe they can stop up - and chances are now that Coyle's gone they might well - I can't see N'gog being the striker to score the goals to do it though.

I've no axe to grind with Ross County and wish them well and await with interest to see where Coyle will pop up next!

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

He'll probably go to a much lower league side, maybe in Zambia, until he is sussed, and thrown out, probably before the end of the year.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Agent Coyle strikes again!  Laughing

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I see there's a vacancy at Birmingham..

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Growler wrote:I see there's a vacancy at Birmingham..
Parkinson hopefully

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum