Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ameobi

4 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ameobi Empty Ameobi Sun Mar 04 2018, 12:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've had enough. He's a passenger. It's time to drop him.

The bellends who sit near me think you have to pick Ameobi because he's the only one who can conjure something up from nothing. That might be true, but he goes 4 or 5 games at a time without doing a bloody thing.

He's the new Mark Davies, picked because of his "potential" but failing to produce anything concrete the majority of the time.

He failed at Newcastle and Cardiff, it's time we ditched him too. One goal in 18 matches is not good enough.

I can't imagine anyone will disagree, apart from wessy who is hot for him.

2Ameobi Empty Re: Ameobi Sun Mar 04 2018, 13:26

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Stupid post, stupid person.

When Ameobi was injured, we were rock bottom, with a 90% defeat ratio. Since he's come back, no we're not a great side, no his form isn't at an acceptable level, but we've now actually got a chance of staying up. Not a huge one, but a chance nonetheless. And it's not a coincidence.

If he gets injured, it's game over.

3Ameobi Empty Re: Ameobi Sun Mar 04 2018, 13:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Stupid post, stupid person.

When Ameobi was injured, we were rock bottom, with a 90% defeat ratio. Since he's come back, no we're not a great side, no his form isn't at an acceptable level, but we've now actually got a chance of staying up. Not a huge one, but a chance nonetheless. And it's not a coincidence.

We improved when Henry was signed, even a dummy like you should understand that.

Ameobi is great when he's on form, but his form is every 6 or 7 games. He seems to have two settings, brilliant and crap. Sadly he's currently stuck on crap. He may have a good game in April though.

We can't carry him any longer.

4Ameobi Empty Re: Ameobi Sun Mar 04 2018, 14:05

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:Stupid post, stupid person.

We improved when Henry was signed, even a dummy like you should understand that.

Ameobi is great when he's on form, but his form is every 6 or 7 games. He seems to have two settings, brilliant and crap. Sadly he's currently stuck on crap. He may have a good game in April though.

We can't carry him any longer.

Karl Henry has been a good signing I grant you that but if you think it's him alone that has steadied the ship, you really are a shit for brains.

Back in September/October, we needed wins. Henry alone might have turned a few defeats into draws, but that wouldn't have been nearly enough in terms of points.

The thing with Ameobi though is that whenever he does have a crap match, he's far from the only one, so to suggest that we're "carrying" him is laughable.

5Ameobi Empty Re: Ameobi Sun Mar 04 2018, 14:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

One goal in 18, and how many assists?

Surely a striker/winger is judged on goals and assists?

He's being carried in my opinion. Fancy flicks in his own half don't win matches.

6Ameobi Empty Re: Ameobi Sun Mar 04 2018, 15:21

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:One goal in 18, and how many assists?

Surely a striker/winger is judged on goals and assists?

I miss our arguments in which I annihilate you so badly that you bring up spurious statistics in a desperate effort to salvage some dignity.

Theoretically, a player could take the ball from one penalty box to the other - ending in a goal - without getting any statistical acknowledgement whatsoever.

I'm not saying Ameobi makes a habit of this necessarily but just because he doesn't have the last two or three touches in many goals doesn't mean he's not involved in them.

7Ameobi Empty Re: Ameobi Sun Mar 04 2018, 15:27

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Clutching at straws as usual. Ameobi doesn't do anything that has a direct impact on goals. Apart from his goal against Bristol City what has he done in the last 18 games?

You hide from stats because they tell a damning story.

If Ameobi was fat and bald he'd be getting abuse from all corners of the ground, but because he has a cool hair cut he seems to be immune from criticism. A lot like Diouf, who was another overrated player with no end product.

8Ameobi Empty Re: Ameobi Sun Mar 04 2018, 16:01

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Perhaps Doffcocker is correct in that including Ameobi in the team gives other players a measure of confidence they seem to lack whenever he is excluded. He may not score any, many, goals though when he was absent the team seemed to collapse into eleven individual headless chickens. I'm all for giving him his head, (Oer missus!) until the end of the season and seeing what occurs then. If we haven't the cash to strengthen the team then it's simply a matter of cutting our cloth to fit our needs. That is if we can afford the cloth in the first place.

9Ameobi Empty Re: Ameobi Sun Mar 04 2018, 16:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If the players really need Ameobi in the team to gain confidence we are as good as relegated.

10Ameobi Empty Re: Ameobi Sun Mar 04 2018, 16:52

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

If you really think Ameobe is our biggest problem, you are seriously stupid, then again you thought Derik was the answer so perhaps you are, He provides more than Vela, more than Karacan, he is more creative than Henry,and Pratley, he offers more than Buckley, and Noone. Hang on that makes him our best midfielder.

I would bet that every opposition manager mentions Sammy in there team talk, i wonder why?
This is a post for attention get a grip. Your talking more tripe than usual.

11Ameobi Empty Re: Ameobi Sun Mar 04 2018, 17:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:If you really think Ameobe is our biggest problem, you are seriously stupid, then again you thought Derik was the answer so perhaps you are, He provides more than Vela, more than Karacan, he is more creative than Henry,and Pratley, he offers more than Buckley, and Noone. Hang on that makes him our best midfielder.

I would bet that every opposition manager mentions Sammy in there team talk, i wonder why?
This is a post for attention get a grip. Your talking more tripe than usual.

So what has Ameobi done in the last few games? Just answer the question.

I'm not saying others aren't at fault, but players like Derik and Karacan are simply stepping in for injured players. We know their abilities (or lack of) but both have done ok of late.

But we don't build our team around Derik or Karacan, we build it around Ameobi. But he does bugger all. He's supposed to be our main attacking threat, but he's scored ONE goal in 18. If Wilma had been given 18 starts I'm sure he'd have fluked a goal at some point.

It's the kings new clothes syndrome. It's not cool to criticise Ameobi so no one does it, even though deep down they know his contribution is usually zero.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum