Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ken Dodd

+4
MartinBWFC
boltonbonce
karlypants
wanderlust
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ken Dodd  Empty Ken Dodd Mon Mar 12 2018, 13:38

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

...passed away at the age of 90. I am reminded of watching him in panto in Manchester in the 60s when my grandad took the whole family and at the end of the show Doddy did stand up for half an hour during which the air turned blue and my grandad tried to get us all to leave he was that embarrassed. Obviously we loved it.

2Ken Dodd  Empty Re: Ken Dodd Mon Mar 12 2018, 13:52

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Saw him too with his tickling sticks in Manchester when I was a kid. He was great fun.

RIP

3Ken Dodd  Empty Re: Ken Dodd Mon Mar 12 2018, 15:48

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very funny man. If you didn't laugh at the first joke,five more were fired off in quick succession. He's the last of the great music hall acts.
Hated the diddy men though. Particularly Earnshaw.

4Ken Dodd  Empty Re: Ken Dodd Mon Mar 12 2018, 16:00

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

boltonbonce wrote:Very funny man. If you didn't laugh at the first joke,five more were fired off in quick succession. He's the last of the great music hall acts.
Bullery Very Happy

5Ken Dodd  Empty Re: Ken Dodd Mon Mar 12 2018, 16:03

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

boltonbonce wrote:Very funny man. If you didn't laugh at the first joke,five more were fired off in quick succession. He's the last of the great music hall acts.
 He'd Rob you if he could. 
  Dear old Ken once said he wouldn't pay the Inland revenue as he lived on the coast. RIP

6Ken Dodd  Empty Re: Ken Dodd Mon Mar 12 2018, 16:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He was at the Parr Hall in Warrington a few years ago,when he threatened to lock the audience in. If you needed to catch the last bus home you had no chance.

7Ken Dodd  Empty Re: Ken Dodd Mon Mar 12 2018, 17:41

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Saw him in panto at the Davenport in Stockport about 25 years ago. Can't remember any of the gags but I do remember that he was hilarious. Impossible to replace a man like him.

8Ken Dodd  Empty Re: Ken Dodd Wed Mar 14 2018, 22:26

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Saw him on my honeymoon in 1975 never laughed so much, my sides hurt so much i wanted him to stop.He was brilliant.

Also at the Albert Halls a few year back,he was about 80 then, i thought that he was still enjoyable but had lost something. On that occasion it went on to long.
Never keen on the diddymen but at his best he was the best.

9Ken Dodd  Empty Re: Ken Dodd Wed Mar 14 2018, 22:29

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:

Saw him on my honeymoon in 1975 never laughed so much, my sides hurt so much i wanted him to stop.He was brilliant.

Also at the Albert Halls a few year back,he was about 80 then, i thought that he was still enjoyable but had lost something. On that occasion it went on to long.
Never keen on the diddymen but at his best he was the best.
I remember him being interviewed on Granada Reports many years ago,and my Dad nearly choked on his tea.
He was relentless.

10Ken Dodd  Empty Re: Ken Dodd Wed Mar 14 2018, 22:40

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm pleased to see so many of you sharing memories of Doddy, and instead of a tear of sadness, try one of laughter. I'm sure he'd appreciate everyone exercising their Chuckle Muscles, so here's one of his... "I used to think I was marvelous in bed until I discovered that all my girlfriends suffered from asthma."

11Ken Dodd  Empty Re: Ken Dodd Wed Mar 14 2018, 22:48

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

“Did you hear about the Frenchman who makes his own gravy? The Count Of Monte Bisto.”

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum