Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Stephen Hawking RIP

Stephen Hawking RIP

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Stephen Hawking RIP on Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:16 am

xmiles

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43396008

Truly someone deserving respect for all he achieved.

2 Re: Stephen Hawking RIP on Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:57 pm

rammywhite

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
He did incredibly well to last so long- but I didn't understand much of what he was talking about

3 Re: Stephen Hawking RIP on Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:02 pm

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
rammywhite wrote:He did incredibly well to last so long- but I didn't understand much of what he was talking about

I don't think many of us did.

The BBC lists his most important stuff here -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-43399340

4 Re: Stephen Hawking RIP on Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:39 pm

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
What a great innings! He contributed so much, not only to science but also in trying to make the more complex bits comprehensible to the people (not sure he totally succeeded in that but at least he tried) and speaking out on the political issues that mattered to him e.g. the NHS. Plus he was man enough to put himself in the public eye for the purposes of comedy and light entertainment which is unusual for scientists in general and unique amongst sufferers of motor neurone disease.
Truly a Great Briton.

5 Re: Stephen Hawking RIP on Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:46 pm

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
wanderlust wrote:What a great innings! He contributed so much, not only to science but also in trying to make the more complex bits comprehensible to the people (not sure he totally succeeded in that but at least he tried) and speaking out on the political issues that mattered to him e.g. the NHS. Plus he was man enough to put himself in the public eye for the purposes of comedy and light entertainment which is unusual for scientists in general and unique amongst sufferers of motor neurone disease.
Truly a Great Briton.

Couldn't agree more. Science is going to miss him.

RIP!

6 Re: Stephen Hawking RIP on Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:42 pm

Cajunboy

avatar
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
It's been a bad week for comedians with Ken Dodd and Jim Bowen popping their clogs too.






I really admire and respect Stephen Hawking for his strength and humour,  in living his life the way he did. 


RIP

7 Re: Stephen Hawking RIP on Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:28 pm

RustyNail


Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt
He is going to be pissed off when he gets to the stairway to heaven.

8 Re: Stephen Hawking RIP on Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:32 pm

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
RustyNail wrote:He is going to be pissed off when he gets to the stairway to heaven.
He wouldn't get in anyway.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum