Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Looking Ahead, Tuesday, April 3rd vs Birmingham

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I know we have Leeds first, but the April 3rd date could make or break our season.  A win here, and we could be safe.  Of course, if somehow we could beat Leeds and Brum, we would be in the driver's seat down the stretch.  Here's hoping!

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Birmingham under Gary Monk at beginning to show some form so they might be a tough nut to crack

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

If we play like we did tonight until the end of the season we will be fine, I know the conditions were a bit of a leveller but for the most part we matched Villa all the way, really enjoyed it despite freezing my goolies off.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Both teams will view this as a "must win" so it will be a battle. A lot will depend on whether or not we get anything from the Leeds gamed how Brum do against Ipswich, but I suspect we'll struggle to beat Brum and we should be focused on trying to pick up points in every game, to just the ones against teams around us.
Much better prospects after yesterday so it's now about keeping focus and grinding out results wherever we can.

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

A point a game gives us 47 points and that will keep us in this division, it doesn't matter how we get them, i view the Brum match as a must not lose for us and a must win for them. So one win and draw at home and same away would do even with 4 defeats.

I think the final total will be less than 45 points but you never know. We are watching Birmingham but Reading and Barnsley are in much worse shape at this moment in time.
READING next four games:
QPR Home
Villa Away
PNE Home
Fulham Away

QPR and Preston both in good form Villa and Fulham two top teams.
If they come out of those games with a low points total it will look much different, so lets see if they can get a points haul from that sequence of games.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Brum v Bolton is already sold out and I agree it's a "must not lose" game for us, however I reckon Burton are the team that will have most influence on the final relegation positions as they have by far the easiest run in.
They still have to play BWFC, Birmingham, Hull and Sunderland so somebody has to get the 12 points on offer and there isn't that much in it ATM.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

As I said earlier, this match is our season maker or breaker.  Need a minimum of one point, but hoping Parky plays to win... and hoping the players remember that we need to stay up.  We can't afford defensive lapses and need to return to clean sheets.  Here's hoping we win this six-pointer. Also need Nottingham Forest to win and help us out. It's still a seven team race to avoid the bottom three.

Hopefully we will pick up enough points that our April 14th match v Barnsley won't be the season's defining game.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum