Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is this a good use of public money?

+9
Cajunboy
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
y2johnny
karlypants
wanderlust
Norpig
xmiles
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

31Is this a good use of public money? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is this a good use of public money? Wed Mar 28 2018, 17:57

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not sure throwing money at this case would solve it anyway. It's probably going to be a lucky find,or someone having a Eurika! moment that turns the tide.
It's the not knowing that hurts,and perhaps leads to people turning inwards. This might also explain the perceived coldness.

32Is this a good use of public money? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is this a good use of public money? Wed Mar 28 2018, 18:02

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The McCanns have been persecuted by Trolls and demonised in the Press. Is it any wonder they come across as cold?

33Is this a good use of public money? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is this a good use of public money? Wed Mar 28 2018, 19:52

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Reebok Trotter wrote:
gloswhite wrote:Its not about the money, nor the parents. Its about an innocent child being either stolen and possibly/probably killed. Can you really put a price on that child's life, especially if the authorities, for whatever reason, are prepared to fund the investigation ? Just thank your lucky stars that you haven't been put in their position.

Nailed it Bob.

But there isn't a money tree and money spent on this endless and probably futile investigation could be spent more effectively on other cases.

34Is this a good use of public money? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is this a good use of public money? Wed Mar 28 2018, 21:04

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

The thing is XM, we don't know its futile, not yet. I'm sure there must be something, somewhere, that makes them carry on.

35Is this a good use of public money? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is this a good use of public money? Wed Mar 28 2018, 21:18

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

gloswhite wrote:The thing is XM, we don't know its futile, not yet. I'm sure there must be something, somewhere, that makes them carry on.
Guilt

36Is this a good use of public money? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is this a good use of public money? Wed Mar 28 2018, 21:40

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I have the greatest sympathy for this child and her parents, i cannot imagine a worse punishment than having to live with the mistake they made.
However they did not go out on the piss, they had a meal with friends on the complex the other families did the same but did not pay a price, i am not saying that they should have had the meal away from the kids just simply that the price they have paid is way over the top for making that decision.

The bad guys are those that took her, the victim is Madeline, if funds are available and investigations are incomplete then i say try to find this child, nothing would bring more pleasure than to see her return to her family, and shut all the cynics up.

For years in this country families left there kids at places like Pontin's and Butlin's while Mum and Dad really did go for a piss up, so i don't believe this i would never put my child in danger talk, ( i have never done the holiday camp childminding) for instance you take your eye off the ball and your kid can run off in a shop etc, do you get hounded for that? and if everyone is so good why did they have a lost children's caravan at every British holiday resort back in the day.

We all make mistakes thank god we don't all pay such an heavy price.

37Is this a good use of public money? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is this a good use of public money? Wed Mar 28 2018, 21:46

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Granted ive only been a parent for 9 years and now have 2 kids but I've never left them on their own or lost them.  I wouldn't dream of letting them out of my sight whether on holiday or otherwise.  Just because all the other parents do it doesnt make it right.

Id love to be proved wrong wessy.  But i wont be

38Is this a good use of public money? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is this a good use of public money? Wed Mar 28 2018, 21:57

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My mum and dad would never have left us alone in bed. In similar circumstances they'd have had a sitter. 
If none could be found,they simply wouldn't have gone out. You can't be complacent when kids are involved.
It's like texting and driving,it only takes a second for disaster to strike.
I'm sure Johnny would be much in agreement with my own parents on this.

39Is this a good use of public money? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is this a good use of public money? Wed Mar 28 2018, 22:08

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Listen guys i have never left my girls, and i now have 4 granddaughters under 3, we will strive never to let them be in a vulnerable position. BUT if you think bad things can't happen even when you cover all the bases then i think you will find that shit happens, take James Bulger bad people did a bad thing did Mrs Bulger take her eye off the ball? surely not, but it happened, i jut have compassion for someone who lost a child.

Nothing is more important than a child's safety and i have been a father for 37 years, i have done my job but it doesn't stop me feeling sad that a little girl went missing, this thread in reality was about money ? Is she worth spending more on? Yes.

40Is this a good use of public money? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is this a good use of public money? Wed Mar 28 2018, 22:11

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

My parents were the same, I don't ever recall being left on our own, ever. But imagine if you were in your garden with friends, having a BBQ,  for example, and the kids are in bed, because they are all worn out and tired, and the doors are unlocked. Difficult to imagine anything happening over here, but not so when on holiday. The McCanns were not 'out on the piss', but a few yards away. It only takes seconds for an opportunist to strike. I agree with Wessy, but I see both sides of the argument as it is now.

41Is this a good use of public money? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is this a good use of public money? Wed Mar 28 2018, 22:23

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Let me pose a theoretical scenario.
Put yourselves in the position of Maddie's parents. Two years from now,she's found,living with a couple in wherever.
She's now a young woman. She's been loved,educated,and is seemingly very happy with her 'family'.
What would you do?
Would you thank heaven that she was alive,and leave her be,feeling that would be the best for her?
Or would you want her back,causing unknown consequences? For you,and the young woman.
As a parent,you'd always want the best for your child. But could you accept that leaving her be was the best option?
I wouldn't want that choice. But I hope she's alive,and they have the need to make it.

42Is this a good use of public money? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is this a good use of public money? Wed Mar 28 2018, 22:35

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

boltonbonce wrote:Let me pose a theoretical scenario.
Put yourselves in the position of Maddie's parents. Two years from now,she's found,living with a couple in wherever.
She's now a young woman. She's been loved,educated,and is seemingly very happy with her 'family'.
What would you do?
Would you thank heaven that she was alive,and leave her be,feeling that would be the best for her?
Or would you want her back,causing unknown consequences? For you,and the young woman.
As a parent,you'd always want the best for your child. But could you accept that leaving her be was the best option?
I wouldn't want that choice. But I hope she's alive,and they have the need to make it.
That's a real peach of a question. I think that if she were alive, then she would have some memories of her earlier life, which should be encouraged. Of course there is the likelihood that if she stayed where she was, and it was accepted, then you are laying down a precedent for kidnapping, and can you really see the parents agreeing to such a situation when their own flesh and blood was stolen from them ?
The best that could happen was that the child would be able to go back to her new parents now and then, from her genuine parents.

43Is this a good use of public money? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is this a good use of public money? Wed Mar 28 2018, 22:39

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tricky though isn't it. The mental effects could be serious for all parties.

I think we're all hoping for one thing. She's alive. Somewhere.

44Is this a good use of public money? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is this a good use of public money? Wed Mar 28 2018, 23:06

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

boltonbonce wrote:My mum and dad would never have left us alone in bed. In similar circumstances they'd have had a sitter. 
If none could be found,they simply wouldn't have gone out. You can't be complacent when kids are involved.
It's like texting and driving,it only takes a second for disaster to strike.
I'm sure Johnny would be much in agreement with my own parents on this.
Spot on

45Is this a good use of public money? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is this a good use of public money? Wed Mar 28 2018, 23:13

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Yards away.  They was 55 metres away.  (Door to table they was sat.  Unfortunately their x-ray vision was on the fritz though so seeing through walls was their downfall then.  (And their super hearing was working fine but the drugs they gave the kids obviously kept them doped up and quiet........alledgedly)

Everyone answer this one simple question.

If they hadnt left them in the room on their own would we be having this conversation?

46Is this a good use of public money? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is this a good use of public money? Wed Mar 28 2018, 23:27

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

y2johnny wrote:Yards away.  They was 55 metres away.  (Door to table they was sat.  Unfortunately their x-ray vision was on the fritz though so seeing through walls was their downfall then.  (And their super hearing was working fine but the drugs they gave the kids obviously kept them doped up and quiet........alledgedly)

If they hadnt left them in the room on their own would we be having this conversation?
Wrong question. If an innocent little girl hadn't been abducted, would we be having this discussion? 
Its not about the money, and its not about the blame, (with or without xray vision, super hearing, drugs, or a class war), its about somebody stealing, and possibly killing, a child.

47Is this a good use of public money? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is this a good use of public money? Wed Mar 28 2018, 23:28

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Was she really abducted???

48Is this a good use of public money? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is this a good use of public money? Wed Mar 28 2018, 23:31

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

gloswhite wrote:
y2johnny wrote:Yards away.  They was 55 metres away.  (Door to table they was sat.  Unfortunately their x-ray vision was on the fritz though so seeing through walls was their downfall then.  (And their super hearing was working fine but the drugs they gave the kids obviously kept them doped up and quiet........alledgedly)

Wrong question. If an innocent little girl hadn't been abducted, would we be having this discussion? 
Its not about the money, and its not about the blame, (with or without xray vision, super hearing, drugs, or a class war), its about somebody stealing, and possibly killing, a child.
Would somebody of been able to abduct her if the parents where there with her.

Come on glos.  You said it yourself.  You never left your own as i wouldnt.  They were in the wrong end of.  At the end of the day i dont even think she was abducted (to answer your question kp) 

But i dont fancy getting sued to fund another holiday or make over for kate for putting what i really think.

49Is this a good use of public money? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is this a good use of public money? Thu Mar 29 2018, 00:24

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Think some of us oldies forget how things were like when we were kids.  Course our parents loved us and wanted us safe but the world was different back then and nobody thought anything about kids even toddlers playing on the streets all day and only coming home when your parents shouted for you!

I never understood why the McCanns left THREE kids under three alone. I find that incomprehensible. We all make mistakes as parents but you don’t leave three 3 and unders by themselves alone.

Obviously as a parent I feel their loss and can understand their need to keep looking for her for closure no mater what the outcome is.

There comes a time though when however reluctant you are you have to move on, for the sake of their other two children’s life and mental well-being.

As for Bonce hypothetical question, I guess a loving parent would let go as per King Solomon’s decision about cutting a baby in half.  I think though that any child would want to met their birth parents if they came to know their mum and dad at home aren’t they.

50Is this a good use of public money? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is this a good use of public money? Thu Mar 29 2018, 01:57

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Let me pose a theoretical scenario.
What would you do?
That's a real peach of a question. I think that if she were alive, then she would have some memories of her earlier life, which should be encouraged. Of course there is the likelihood that if she stayed where she was, and it was accepted, then you are laying down a precedent for kidnapping, and can you really see the parents agreeing to such a situation when their own flesh and blood was stolen from them ?
The best that could happen was that the child would be able to go back to her new parents now and then, from her genuine parents.
With over 800 reported Maddie sightings in more than 100 different countries the likelihood of her return is negligible and given the number of unresolved abductions in the UK those precious resources may have been better used elsewhere IMO.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum