Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Derby 3-0 Bolton

+15
Growler
Cajunboy
boltonbonce
finlaymcdanger
Sluffy
MartinBWFC
wessy
DEANO82
rammywhite
Bollotom2014
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
Norpig
karlypants
wanderlust
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Derby 3-0 Bolton Empty Derby 3-0 Bolton Wed Apr 04 2018, 10:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Moving swiftly along...only 4 days to go before we are away at Derby County - the same day that Birmingham are playing Burton FFS. Barnsley are hosting Sheff U, Sunderland away at Leeds whilst Reading host PNE.
The big question for me is whether or not Parky will have the nads to reintroduce a bit of pace into the team, especially in terms of wingbacks e.g. Little and Robinson for Flanagan and Taylor and the forwards e.g. Obasi and Hall for Wilbraham and Buckley. Absolutely can't see it and I'm not sure it's the right game to do it, but if we set our stall out in the same way we did against Leeds and Brum, we'll get battered. Might be a good time to bring Wheats back into a back 3 and push Little and Robinson on so at least we can get further up the pitch and create something.
Derby are still right up there despite a poor run of form that ended at the weekend when they beat PNE - a win they'll be eager to build on.
Difficult to predict a score, but unless there are some radical changes to selection, system and/or attitude I reckon we'll lose by a couple. I so hope we don't.

2Derby 3-0 Bolton Empty Re: Derby 3-0 Bolton Wed Apr 04 2018, 11:00

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No points from this game.

Derby 2-0 Bolton

Hope I’m wrong though!

3Derby 3-0 Bolton Empty Re: Derby 3-0 Bolton Wed Apr 04 2018, 11:56

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i would change the full backs for Little and Robinson but can't see him going to a back 3 again unless we have big issues in midfield with injuries.

4Derby 3-0 Bolton Empty Re: Derby 3-0 Bolton Wed Apr 04 2018, 14:47

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

1-2 Vela to step up

5Derby 3-0 Bolton Empty Re: Derby 3-0 Bolton Wed Apr 04 2018, 16:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dicked. 3-0.

Parky out.

6Derby 3-0 Bolton Empty Re: Derby 3-0 Bolton Wed Apr 04 2018, 16:09

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Got to be a three point loss. Can't see us scoring again any time soon unfortunately.

7Derby 3-0 Bolton Empty Re: Derby 3-0 Bolton Wed Apr 04 2018, 16:16

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

After last nights dismal performance he has to make substantial changes- and unless he does I can't see us scoring but can see Derby scoring 3 or 4. So a hammering is on the cards.
I still can't believe how poor we were last night!!

8Derby 3-0 Bolton Empty Re: Derby 3-0 Bolton Wed Apr 04 2018, 16:50

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Think the best we can hope for in the next two matches is Barnsley lose them both, so they can't go above us when we play them a week on Saturday.

9Derby 3-0 Bolton Empty Re: Derby 3-0 Bolton Thu Apr 05 2018, 13:30

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

DEANO82 wrote:Think the best we can hope for in the next two matches is Barnsley lose them both, so they can't go above us when we play them a week on Saturday.

You are so fucking negative (sic erat scriptum)

10Derby 3-0 Bolton Empty Re: Derby 3-0 Bolton Fri Apr 06 2018, 17:36

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ref watch: Darren England to take control of Derby County trip

Darren England will take charge of Wanderers' Sky Bet Championship trip to Derby County on Saturday.

The South Yorkshire-based official has presided over four Whites fixtures in the past – including three in 2017/18, the last being December’s 3-2 defeat to Nottingham Forest.

England has brandished 125 yellow cards and two red cards in 33 matches so far this season.

John Flynn and Mark Jones will run the line, while Darren Drysdale is the fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

11Derby 3-0 Bolton Empty Re: Derby 3-0 Bolton Fri Apr 06 2018, 17:37

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preview: Five talking points ahead of Derby County v Bolton Wanderers

Following their narrow defeat to Birmingham City on Tuesday, Bolton Wanderers will be looking to bounce back when they travel to Pride Park to face Derby County on Saturday.

With the Whites looking to climb the table and pull themselves away from the chasing pack, bwfc.co.uk picks out five talking points ahead of the visit to the East Midlands.

1. Away Fortunes

Despite the narrow defeat to Leeds on Good Friday, Wanderers’ away record has improved in recent weeks.

The Whites have picked up points in three of their last four away games, drawing against Norwich, Reading and Sheffield Wednesday.

Another result this Saturday would go a long way however and give the outstanding travelling fans more to cheer about.

2. Derby’s Form

Despite sitting in the play-off places, Derby’s 1-0 win at Preston North End on Monday was their first since early February.

The Rams had recorded three losses and five draws in their previous eight matches before their recent victory.

The match should certainly be an entertaining one too - there have been 28 goals in Derby’s last 10 games, with Gary Rowett’s side scoring 13 and conceding 15.

3. Top Ten Successes

Since the beginning of December, Wanderers have enjoyed an excellent spell against the teams in the current top ten of the Sky Bet Championship.

The Whites have picked up four wins and a draw in their last seven matches against the league’s best, keeping a clean sheet in each of their wins against Cardiff (2-0), Sheffield United (1-0), Bristol City (1-0) and Aston Villa (1-0), whilst also drawing with in-form Fulham (1-1).

And with the Rams currently sat in fifth place, Phil Parkinson’s men have the chance to extend an already impressive record.

4. Time For Revenge

Wanderers’ last visit to Pride Park was almost two years to the day, a 4-1 defeat which unfortunately sealed the Whites’ relegation to League One.

Zach Clough scored a penalty in a match that saw Johnny Russell, Tom Ince and Jacob Butterfield strike for then-promotion-chasing Derby.

With the team in a better position this time around, Saturday’s match would be the perfect opportunity to avenge that day and take a big step closer towards the finishing line this term.

5. The Chance To Become A Hero

Wanderers travel to Derby County without the injured Darren Pratley and Jan Kirchhoff, but Karl Henry is available despite limping off against Birmingham City.

With his side needing to get the job done without two of their more influential names, manager Phil Parkinson has called on his players to stand up and “become a hero”.

He believes that any match-winning moments in this final run in will compare to Jem Karacan’s famous goal against Peterborough United that helped secure automatic promotion last season.

“If this group of players can produce something to keep us above that line they will be remembered for a very long time,” he added.

So to those travelling to Pride Park this weekend or supporting the team from afar, be loud, be proud and back the boys!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

12Derby 3-0 Bolton Empty Re: Derby 3-0 Bolton Sat Apr 07 2018, 11:03

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Damage limitation, anything that keeps us 5 points clear will do me, so early kick off Sheff Utd please turn up for the early kick off. will take a draw for us

13Derby 3-0 Bolton Empty Re: Derby 3-0 Bolton Sat Apr 07 2018, 12:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fairly even so far wessy although Barnsley hit the bar early doors

14Derby 3-0 Bolton Empty Re: Derby 3-0 Bolton Sat Apr 07 2018, 12:48

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Not now 1-0 Barnsley

15Derby 3-0 Bolton Empty Re: Derby 3-0 Bolton Sat Apr 07 2018, 12:59

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Inevitable wasn’t it.

16Derby 3-0 Bolton Empty Re: Derby 3-0 Bolton Sat Apr 07 2018, 13:01

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If Barnsley win today I can see Parkinson going mega negative, he just doesn't do positivity, we're going down.

17Derby 3-0 Bolton Empty Re: Derby 3-0 Bolton Sat Apr 07 2018, 13:02

MartinBWFC wrote:If Barnsley win today I can see Parkinson going mega negative, he just doesn't do positivity, we're going down.

Bit rich coming from you.

18Derby 3-0 Bolton Empty Re: Derby 3-0 Bolton Sat Apr 07 2018, 13:08

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

T.R.O.Y wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:If Barnsley win today I can see Parkinson going mega negative, he just doesn't do positivity, we're going down.

Give me a reason to be positive about Parkinson.

19Derby 3-0 Bolton Empty Re: Derby 3-0 Bolton Sat Apr 07 2018, 13:14

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:

Give me a reason to be positive about Parkinson.

Ok Martin, you are the boss.

What team selection would you make today and how would you get the ball to the forwards you pick without leaving your defence completely open and vulnerable?

I'm assuming that of course you will be picking a 'positive' side.

20Derby 3-0 Bolton Empty Re: Derby 3-0 Bolton Sat Apr 07 2018, 13:19

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Burke and Wheater centrally, Little and Robinson wing backs, Henry and Karacan holding, Vela behind Alf, and Noone left Ameobi on the right, there you go better than anything that goon will pick

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum