Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Parkinson Thought - Derby County

+4
Bollotom2014
rammywhite
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What Parkinson Thought - Derby County Empty What Parkinson Thought - Derby County Sat Apr 07 2018, 19:27

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Goals from Alex Pearce, Matej Vydra and Tom Lawrence consigned Wanderers to defeat at Pride Park in their latest Sky Bet Championship outing on Saturday afternoon.

The Rams scored twice inside the opening 45 minutes to put themselves in control of the clash, and while the Whites made a double attacking substitution at the break in response, Lawrence’s effort shortly after the restart made sure of the result for the home side.

And speaking following the final whistle, manager Phil Parkinson covered these points…

On the game in general…

We weren’t very happy with the start we made. The goals we conceded, the first in particular, were very soft and we gave a team who had a very edgy crowd behind them the last time they played here against Sunderland a huge lift.

It could have been avoided and we have to do better than that – it is as simple as that.

It doesn’t matter what system we play, what personnel we play or what style of football we play, we have to get the fundamentals back in place out there on the football pitch to enable us to win games of football.

I feel in the last few weeks since the Aston Villa game, those fundamentals haven’t been in place as well as they should be and we have been punished for that.

On the blow that came with conceding so early on…

In the build-up to the game, we prepared well for it and made changes, as we have done before and which we will continue to do.

Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. Was it the changes or is it the formation which cost us today? I personally think it was more that the manner of the goals we gave away were cheap.

On the improvement in performance after the break…

The lads kept going in the second half and I have to give them credit for that, but we expect that as I am always saying what a good group of lads they are.

We kept going and hit the post and bar alongside a scramble cleared off the line.

Derby didn’t really threaten in the second period but we have to be honest with ourselves and say that at 3-0, the match was done and dusted from Derby’s point of view meaning that they sat back in and let us have possession of the ball a bit more.

We did keep going though and it was important that we showed a bit of pride in that second half.

On bouncing back from three defeats in a row…

We have just got to get back to the drawing board and find a formula for us to get the wins required.

We have done it before – we have had some tough times during my time at the club so far and some soul searching along the way and this is another one of those nights.

We’re all hurting and while you accept when you come to Derby that it’s going to be difficult, we just made it too easy for them in that first period.

And finally, on the challenge of Millwall on Tuesday…

It goes without saying that we need every single supporter to be right behind the team on Tuesday night.

The true test of players, managers and supporters is when the chips are down and we will need everybody who is coming on Tuesday to get right behind the lads and do their bit.

We know it is tough when your team has been beaten – it is extremely tough for us as it’s our livelihood and it affects us more than anybody – but come Tuesday, we have to be ready to be competitive in every part of the game.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Drivel. Just for once I'd like to see a bit of abuse directed towards his players. They might be a great group of lads, but they're fooking crap at football.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

He doesn't seem to care what the fans thought so why should we give a shit what he thought

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

If one were to look at past games and comments from PP they appear to be a list of the same platitudes and excuses. We know he got the wrong end of a sh1tty stick from the start but he needs now to go sh1t or bust and attack from the off, not roll over with the hope he can get a draw. I'm very much afraid he's in the same mould as the previous three incumbents. I hope for his sake we can survive and he can go on to better things, but if we do survive we are going to need a few bob spent and a damager who can get results. A few footballers wouldn't come amiss either.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:Drivel. Just for once I'd like to see a bit of abuse directed towards his players. They might be a great group of lads, but they're fooking crap at football.
Bench Parky and have KA on the sideline... holding up contracts and ripping them to shreds if they don't play well.  He's paying them to play, not to show up and lie down.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You'd think we were mid-table the way he talks about games. I want a bit of fucking passion, I want to know he's going to get these bellends in for Sunday training and sort out the fucking defensive errors.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Just look at this photo, and tell me what does that body language tell you? it tells me he hasn't got a clue how to stop the rot.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Needs a bigger drawing board to go back to.

MartinBWFC wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Just look at this photo, and tell me what does that body language tell you? it tells me he hasn't got a clue how to stop the rot.

Hahaha you actually must be on the wind up now.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy it’s a picture Martin. Not all pictures say a thousand words! Very Happy

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

At least I now know Parky got my letter after the Birmingham shitfest.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:

At least I now know Parky got my letter after the Birmingham shitfest.

Very Happy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The note actually read....

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:The note actually read....
lol!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum