Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Barnsley 2-2 Bolton

+16
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
Sluffy
Jack Russell
wessy
DEANO82
rammywhite
okocha
Cajunboy
boltonbonce
observer
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
karlypants
wanderlust
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 7]

61Barnsley 2-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Barnsley 2-2 Bolton Sun Apr 15 2018, 15:25

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
Personally I don't believe in tinkering about with the defence with just a few minutes to go, so if I was the manager I would have brought someone like Morais off (not seeing the match it's hard for me to say for definite but I might even have taken one of our other subs off - Buckley or Noone - because I think Morais is a smart player and has already played in a defensive role for us this season) and brought someone on Dervite is as good as anyone - but simply tell him to play in the position of the player I took off for him - ie on the wing or somewhere like that - and pick up the runners in a similar manner as the player I had just hooked off would.  Meaning no messing about or repositioning for the defenders - and everybody still knowing their own defensive duties.

As someone who did watch the match just thought I'd let you know that Parky did bring Morais off for Dervite at a time when Morais had everything under control and moreover was pressurising their left flank. 
All that codswallop about Barnsley throwing everything at us is pure nonsense as we had them pinned back and more concerned about not conceding a third  which we might well have got - rather than trying to find an equaliser.
Difficult to equalise when you're stuck in your own box.

Fact of the matter is we had them pinned back with zero chance of equalising and everyone knowing their jobs when Parky made a knee jerk substitution to cost us the game and possibly our Championship status.

In mitigation I would say that for the first time this season, Parky did show a bit of bottle when we were behind by changing it round earlier than usual and committing to an attacking approach - well done for that.

Shame he couldn't stop himself from spoiling it though.

As someone who did watch the match, what were you doing on Chatbox 
Multitasking. It was live on Facebook thanks to some bloke abroad.

Of course it was.

Thank you for offering to share the link with the rest of us on Chatbox then!

Rolling Eyes

62Barnsley 2-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Barnsley 2-2 Bolton Sun Apr 15 2018, 15:37

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was broadcast on Facebook, I saw the information after the game had finished.  Some bloke was doing it just for the Australian Bolton fans but when local bolton fans starting signing up the owner of page didn’t like it.  The guy doing the stream then did it on a bwfc supporters page instead.

63Barnsley 2-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Barnsley 2-2 Bolton Sun Apr 15 2018, 15:43

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
Personally I don't believe in tinkering about with the defence with just a few minutes to go, so if I was the manager I would have brought someone like Morais off (not seeing the match it's hard for me to say for definite but I might even have taken one of our other subs off - Buckley or Noone - because I think Morais is a smart player and has already played in a defensive role for us this season) and brought someone on Dervite is as good as anyone - but simply tell him to play in the position of the player I took off for him - ie on the wing or somewhere like that - and pick up the runners in a similar manner as the player I had just hooked off would.  Meaning no messing about or repositioning for the defenders - and everybody still knowing their own defensive duties.

As someone who did watch the match just thought I'd let you know that Parky did bring Morais off for Dervite at a time when Morais had everything under control and moreover was pressurising their left flank. 
All that codswallop about Barnsley throwing everything at us is pure nonsense as we had them pinned back and more concerned about not conceding a third  which we might well have got - rather than trying to find an equaliser.

Fact of the matter is we had them pinned back with zero chance of equalising and everyone knowing their jobs when Parky made a knee jerk substitution to cost us the game and possibly our Championship status.

In mitigation I would say that for the first time this season, Parky did show a bit of bottle when we were behind by changing it round earlier than usual and committing to an attacking approach - well done for that.

Of course it was.

Rolling Eyes
I asked. Manda was watching it too but nobody else seemed interested. Check the thread.

For future reference it was the Reebok Roar Supporter's Group FB page - as are many of the matches. This game was posted by David Whitehead? - not the best quality and you have to put up with him swearing at the screen, but invaluable if you can't get to the game. Plus it's the perfect antidote for randoms like you speculating wildly about what really happened.

64Barnsley 2-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Barnsley 2-2 Bolton Sun Apr 15 2018, 16:15

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Of course it was.

Rolling Eyes
I asked. Manda was watching it too but nobody else seemed interested. Check the thread.

For future reference it was the Reebok Roar Supporter's Group FB page - as are many of the matches. This game was posted by David Whitehead? - not the best quality and you have to put up with him swearing at the screen, but invaluable if you can't get to the game. Plus it's the perfect antidote for randoms like you speculating wildly about what really happened.

Thank you for the information.

I bow to your superior evaluation of the game and now accept that Barnsley were far much more concerned about letting in another goal when already in a losing position, with just a minute to go, rather than going all out for the equaliser against one of the very few teams they have any realistic chance of catching in the league and thus save themselves from almost certain relegation.

Not many teams would value preserving their Goal Difference over their actual Championship survival - and I take my hat off to you for spotting that significantly important nuance from the stream you saw and clearly makes my ludicrous speculation that the opposite was the case seem completely idiotic.

(Morais substituted 90+2 minutes, goal scored 90+3 minutes).

65Barnsley 2-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Barnsley 2-2 Bolton Sun Apr 15 2018, 16:17

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Of course it was.

Rolling Eyes

I never saw you mention it in the chatbox.

Thanks a bunch!

66Barnsley 2-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Barnsley 2-2 Bolton Sun Apr 15 2018, 16:22

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Of course it was.

Rolling Eyes

I never saw you mention it in the chatbox.

Thanks a bunch!
Why are you thanking me for not reading what I wrote?
I asked if anyone else was watching on FB and only Manda replied - and she said she was so I left it at that.

67Barnsley 2-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Barnsley 2-2 Bolton Sun Apr 15 2018, 16:43

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just seen it in the archive of the chatbox.

[16:36:22 14/04/2018]wanderlust : Watching the live stream on FB?

You could have put the word video in that to make it a little clearer what you meant as no one responded.

68Barnsley 2-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Barnsley 2-2 Bolton Sun Apr 15 2018, 16:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Again, a decent argument ruined by a couple of twats who still haven't figured out the quote system.

69Barnsley 2-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Barnsley 2-2 Bolton Sun Apr 15 2018, 16:46

karlypants wrote:Just seen it in the archive of the chatbox.

You could have put the word video in that to make it a little clearer what you meant as no one responded.

Do you not know what a steam means in this context Karly?

70Barnsley 2-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Barnsley 2-2 Bolton Sun Apr 15 2018, 16:48

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:

Do you get a kick out of being an argumentative twat?

Stop being a boring arsehole!

71Barnsley 2-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Barnsley 2-2 Bolton Sun Apr 15 2018, 16:50

Bit rude, just wanted to help. Basically it's content sent in a compressed format and viewed in real time, so you don't need to download it - just a continuous stream of data being played.

Fascinating stuff, cheers.

72Barnsley 2-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Barnsley 2-2 Bolton Sun Apr 15 2018, 17:06

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:Bit rude, just wanted to help. Basically it's content sent in a compressed format and viewed in real time, so you don't need to download it - just a continuous stream of data being played.

Fascinating stuff, cheers.

I'm sure KP knew that butwhat he was getting at was that most of us would have made a point of letting the rest of us know there was a stream/video available somewhere - Christ how many times in the past has Karly gone out of his way to help others find the Radio Nuts link!

I don't know when Wanderlust knew about the link/video but he infers above on in this thread that he was watching it early in the first half (multitasking) yet he couldn't seemed to be arsed to mention it to the rest of us who were in the Chatbox until the game had only 20 minutes left - and even then didn't make a song and dance that there was a stream about.  In fact if I recall correctly someone even asked him in the first half if he was watching the game on a stream - to which he never bothered to reply.

Seems to have been a bit of 'I'm alright Jack' going on, sadly.

73Barnsley 2-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Barnsley 2-2 Bolton Sun Apr 15 2018, 17:22

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

T.R.O.Y wrote:

Is it not when water is heated to create a gas?

74Barnsley 2-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Barnsley 2-2 Bolton Sun Apr 15 2018, 17:49

Shame Lust didn’t share the knowledge more openly, certainly a game most would like to have watched.

Karlys continuing abuse of me for a tongue in cheek comment seems a bit much though.

75Barnsley 2-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Barnsley 2-2 Bolton Sun Apr 15 2018, 17:55

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i was on the chatbox and saw Lusty's comment, if people wanted the link then ask for it! Bit too much Lusty bashing on here at the moment in my opinion.

Last edited by Norpig on Sun Apr 15 2018, 17:58; edited 1 time in total

76Barnsley 2-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Barnsley 2-2 Bolton Sun Apr 15 2018, 17:58

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:Shame Lust didn’t share the knowledge more openly, certainly a game most would like to have watched.

Karlys continuing abuse of me for a tongue in cheek comment seems a bit much though.

You do push a few buttons and not everyone is as tolerant as I am.

I'm sure you can handle it easily enough though.

Very Happy

77Barnsley 2-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Barnsley 2-2 Bolton Sun Apr 15 2018, 18:06

Norpig wrote:i was on the chatbox and saw Lusty's comment, if people wanted the link then ask for it! Bit too much Lusty bashing on here at the moment in my opinion.

Just to be clear, agree with this. Not an opportunity to start having digs because his message wasn't read.

78Barnsley 2-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Barnsley 2-2 Bolton Sun Apr 15 2018, 18:11

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What's facebook?

Is there a pensioner discount?

Does it come with a plug?

Where's Breadman?

79Barnsley 2-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Barnsley 2-2 Bolton Sun Apr 15 2018, 18:12

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:i was on the chatbox and saw Lusty's comment, if people wanted the link then ask for it! Bit too much Lusty bashing on here at the moment in my opinion.
It wasn’t very clear to me tbh Piggers.

Just a bit disappointed as it was a game I would have like to have watched considering how important it was for us.

Edit: just to be clear, I’m not on FB.

Last edited by karlypants on Sun Apr 15 2018, 18:14; edited 1 time in total

80Barnsley 2-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Barnsley 2-2 Bolton Sun Apr 15 2018, 18:13

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

You're missing the point pig.

How does Karly, or anyone else, even know to ask for a link to something they didn't even knows existed at the time?

And when someone did suspect Wanderlust WAS watching a link and asked him - he didn't even bother to reply!

I know you are sticking up for Wanderlust but people aren't mind readers and be honest, how hard would it have been for him to mention there was a stream going at least an hour before he did eventually did so?

I'm sure you would have done it, I've certainly posted links to streams up several times in the past and Karly does it all the time!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum