Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cliff Richard - what's that all about?

+5
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
RustyNail
wanderlust
Sluffy
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I'm not understanding all this outrage that Sir Cliff seems to have over the police raid at his house?

Yes, not pleasant viewing - particularly if you are innocent - but it's nothing new about the world's press reporting on such raids. Yes it happened to be filmed by the BBC but weren't they only just doing their job by doing so?

I'm not interested myself in 'celebrities' life's' but there are plenty who are - and I guess the raid was more interesting than most because many probably thought it was linked to all those Jimmy Saville type raids that were going on at the time - but why has he got his knickers in a twist with the BBC?

Surely his anger should be directed at the police who felt they had to raid the home - only to find nothing - and the police yet again for presumably tipping off the BBC as to the time the raid was taking place?

If there was no raid the BBC had nothing to report - but there was a raid and on a famous celebrity, so it would have made worldwide news if the BBC had not have been there in the first place

All the BBC did was to film it rather than to report it verbally with a picture of Cliff in the background as they did so - like I guess ITV and everybody else would.

Ok, maybe a shock for him to see it on the news whilst he was on his holiday - but what is the greatest shock - to see he's had a police raid on his house, or seeing TV pictures of them doing so? Surely the shock would be 'Christ, the police think I might be involved in all this Saville shit' and not 'I've been betrayed by the BBC because they are showing film of my house'?

I doubt Sir Cliff is short of a pound or two, and he's getting on and is famously celibate, so I can see him doing this to cash in or to protect his loved ones - so it seems it most really be that he's pissed with the BBC for filming a police raid - something you see on TV most nights anywhere in the world.

Why the drama? What am I missing?

What do you think?

Would Sir Bruce have done the same?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Did the BBC play any role in creating a story that caused the police to raid his house in the first place?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:Did the BBC play any role in creating a story that caused the police to raid his house in the first place?

I don't think the police sit at home watching the telly waiting for leads to cases do you really?

If the BBC had found something they would have passed it on to the police and IF they thought there was something in it then they would have had to get appropriate approval first to mount a raid and search the premises.

So once again it comes back to the police leading all of this, even IF the BBC first came up with a few clues first.

Richard's beef should be with the police force, not the BBC, and that's the bit I can't understand as to why he's taking the BBC to court - to my mind they were only doing their job - reporting on a police raid.

RustyNail

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

If i was a copper working on Yewtree, Mr 'I'm still a virgin' would be one of the first names on the investigation list. But money talks so they didn't manage to nail him.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

RustyNail wrote:If i was a copper working on Yewtree, Mr 'I'm still a virgin' would be one of the first names on the investigation list. But money talks so they didn't manage to nail him.

Embarrassing post.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Pity the BBC weren't so rigorous about looking at their own house.

RustyNail

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Natasha Whittam wrote:
RustyNail wrote:If i was a copper working on Yewtree, Mr 'I'm still a virgin' would be one of the first names on the investigation list. But money talks so they didn't manage to nail him.

Embarrassing post.

I've always wondered what kind of freak still buys his records.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

She's got all the calendars.
Cliff Richard - what's that all about? Front1

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

RustyNail wrote:I've always wondered what kind of freak still buys his records.

You can't deny Mistletoe & Wine is a classic.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
RustyNail wrote:I've always wondered what kind of freak still buys his records.

You can't deny Mistletoe & Wine is a classic.
Devil Woman tops it. Be reasonable.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Max and Paddy couldn’t play tennis until Cliff lent them his balls!

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Really you cant see that the BBC are complete and utter Cunts.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Very Happy

15Cliff Richard - what's that all about? Empty Mr Webb Fri Apr 27 2018, 15:29

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I read today that old Harry has got the media in a right old panic over his privacy court case against the BBC the sun are whinging about what happens to us if he wins and gets the law changed what's your view ? i hope he wins.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Did the BBC play any role in creating a story that caused the police to raid his house in the first place?

Yes they did. The lead reporter threatened to spill the beans unless the police gave them full coverage and access to the raid. It's well documented. Disgraceful behaviour by the BBC to tarnish a Christian Icon worshipped by millions. I fully expect Sir Cliff to win his case and receive substantial damages. It's a pity the BBC were not as quick to act on the numerous allegations surrounded that odious bastard Savile.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

I don't think the police sit at home watching the telly waiting for leads to cases do you really?

If the BBC had found something they would have passed it on to the police and IF they thought there was something in it then they would have had to get appropriate approval first to mount a raid and search the premises.

So once again it comes back to the police leading all of this, even IF the BBC first came up with a few clues first.

Richard's beef should be with the police force, not the BBC, and that's the bit I can't understand as to why he's taking the BBC to court - to my mind they were only doing their job - reporting on a police raid.

Wiltshire Police have already settled  up with Cliff's complaint against them. Damages of £500,000 is the subject mentioned in court. In Cliff's case it's not about the money, more the slur and defamation of his character. Ask yourself this, if Sir Cliff really was into abusing young men do you not think the News of the World and other salacious publications would have reported an expose by now? Even though his private life was exposed on national television not a single credible victim has come forward with any evidence linking him to any dodgy behaviour. Just because he is gay it doesn't mean he is a kiddy fiddler or sexual predator.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I didn't know Cliff was gay!  Shocked

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:I didn't know Cliff was gay!  Shocked

He has never denied being gay but whenever questioned he stated that his private life is his business. His living companion is a former priest who he described as his ' life partner' and he has been present with Cliff at the High Court throughout his case against the BBC.

There is previous history with Cliff and the BBC in that for many years the Beeb refused to play any of his songs on any BBC owned radio channel.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:I didn't know Cliff was gay!  Shocked

He has never denied being gay but whenever questioned he stated that his private life is his business. His living companion is a former priest who he described as his ' life partner' and he has been present with Cliff at the High Court throughout his case against the BBC.

There is previous history with Cliff and the BBC in that for many years the Beeb refused to play any of his songs on any BBC owned radio channel.
I thought the former priest had a girlfriend,who also lived with them. A very odd state of affairs.

I'm not worried that Cliff might be gay,but more than a little concerned that he's beginning to look like Dr Evadne Hinge.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum