Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Cliff Richard - what's that all about?

Cliff Richard - what's that all about?

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Cliff Richard - what's that all about? on Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:05 pm

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
I'm not understanding all this outrage that Sir Cliff seems to have over the police raid at his house?

Yes, not pleasant viewing - particularly if you are innocent - but it's nothing new about the world's press reporting on such raids. Yes it happened to be filmed by the BBC but weren't they only just doing their job by doing so?

I'm not interested myself in 'celebrities' life's' but there are plenty who are - and I guess the raid was more interesting than most because many probably thought it was linked to all those Jimmy Saville type raids that were going on at the time - but why has he got his knickers in a twist with the BBC?

Surely his anger should be directed at the police who felt they had to raid the home - only to find nothing - and the police yet again for presumably tipping off the BBC as to the time the raid was taking place?

If there was no raid the BBC had nothing to report - but there was a raid and on a famous celebrity, so it would have made worldwide news if the BBC had not have been there in the first place

All the BBC did was to film it rather than to report it verbally with a picture of Cliff in the background as they did so - like I guess ITV and everybody else would.

Ok, maybe a shock for him to see it on the news whilst he was on his holiday - but what is the greatest shock - to see he's had a police raid on his house, or seeing TV pictures of them doing so? Surely the shock would be 'Christ, the police think I might be involved in all this Saville shit' and not 'I've been betrayed by the BBC because they are showing film of my house'?

I doubt Sir Cliff is short of a pound or two, and he's getting on and is famously celibate, so I can see him doing this to cash in or to protect his loved ones - so it seems it most really be that he's pissed with the BBC for filming a police raid - something you see on TV most nights anywhere in the world.

Why the drama? What am I missing?

What do you think?

Would Sir Bruce have done the same?







2 Re: Cliff Richard - what's that all about? on Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:26 pm

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Did the BBC play any role in creating a story that caused the police to raid his house in the first place?

3 Re: Cliff Richard - what's that all about? on Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:36 pm

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
wanderlust wrote:Did the BBC play any role in creating a story that caused the police to raid his house in the first place?

I don't think the police sit at home watching the telly waiting for leads to cases do you really?


If the BBC had found something they would have passed it on to the police and IF they thought there was something in it then they would have had to get appropriate approval first to mount a raid and search the premises.

So once again it comes back to the police leading all of this, even IF the BBC first came up with a few clues first.

Richard's beef should be with the police force, not the BBC, and that's the bit I can't understand as to why he's taking the BBC to court - to my mind they were only doing their job - reporting on a police raid.

4 Re: Cliff Richard - what's that all about? on Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:40 pm

RustyNail


Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt
If i was a copper working on Yewtree, Mr 'I'm still a virgin' would be one of the first names on the investigation list. But money talks so they didn't manage to nail him.

5 Re: Cliff Richard - what's that all about? on Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:24 pm

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
RustyNail wrote:If i was a copper working on Yewtree, Mr 'I'm still a virgin' would be one of the first names on the investigation list. But money talks so they didn't manage to nail him.

Embarrassing post.

6 Re: Cliff Richard - what's that all about? on Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:27 pm

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Pity the BBC weren't so rigorous about looking at their own house.

7 Re: Cliff Richard - what's that all about? on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:03 pm

RustyNail


Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt
Natasha Whittam wrote:
RustyNail wrote:If i was a copper working on Yewtree, Mr 'I'm still a virgin' would be one of the first names on the investigation list. But money talks so they didn't manage to nail him.

Embarrassing post.

I've always wondered what kind of freak still buys his records.

8 Re: Cliff Richard - what's that all about? on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:13 pm

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
She's got all the calendars.

9 Re: Cliff Richard - what's that all about? on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:14 pm

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
RustyNail wrote:I've always wondered what kind of freak still buys his records.

You can't deny Mistletoe & Wine is a classic.

10 Re: Cliff Richard - what's that all about? on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:15 pm

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Natasha Whittam wrote:
RustyNail wrote:I've always wondered what kind of freak still buys his records.

You can't deny Mistletoe & Wine is a classic.
Devil Woman tops it. Be reasonable.

11 Re: Cliff Richard - what's that all about? on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:23 pm

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Max and Paddy couldn’t play tennis until Cliff lent them his balls!

12 Re: Cliff Richard - what's that all about? on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:25 pm

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

13 Re: Cliff Richard - what's that all about? on Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:20 pm

Angry Dad

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Really you cant see that the BBC are complete and utter Cunts.

14 Re: Cliff Richard - what's that all about? on Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:21 pm

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
boltonbonce wrote:
Very Happy

15 Mr Webb on Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:29 pm

Angry Dad

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
I read today that old Harry has got the media in a right old panic over his privacy court case against the BBC the sun are whinging about what happens to us if he wins and gets the law changed what's your view ? i hope he wins.

16 Re: Cliff Richard - what's that all about? on Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:15 pm

Reebok Trotter

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
wanderlust wrote:Did the BBC play any role in creating a story that caused the police to raid his house in the first place?

Yes they did. The lead reporter threatened to spill the beans unless the police gave them full coverage and access to the raid. It's well documented. Disgraceful behaviour by the BBC to tarnish a Christian Icon worshipped by millions. I fully expect Sir Cliff to win his case and receive substantial damages. It's a pity the BBC were not as quick to act on the numerous allegations surrounded that odious bastard Savile.

17 Re: Cliff Richard - what's that all about? on Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:11 pm

Reebok Trotter

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Did the BBC play any role in creating a story that caused the police to raid his house in the first place?

I don't think the police sit at home watching the telly waiting for leads to cases do you really?


If the BBC had found something they would have passed it on to the police and IF they thought there was something in it then they would have had to get appropriate approval first to mount a raid and search the premises.

So once again it comes back to the police leading all of this, even IF the BBC first came up with a few clues first.

Richard's beef should be with the police force, not the BBC, and that's the bit I can't understand as to why he's taking the BBC to court - to my mind they were only doing their job - reporting on a police raid.

Wiltshire Police have already settled  up with Cliff's complaint against them. Damages of £500,000 is the subject mentioned in court. In Cliff's case it's not about the money, more the slur and defamation of his character. Ask yourself this, if Sir Cliff really was into abusing young men do you not think the News of the World and other salacious publications would have reported an expose by now? Even though his private life was exposed on national television not a single credible victim has come forward with any evidence linking him to any dodgy behaviour. Just because he is gay it doesn't mean he is a kiddy fiddler or sexual predator.

18 Re: Cliff Richard - what's that all about? on Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:12 pm

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I didn't know Cliff was gay!  Shocked

19 Re: Cliff Richard - what's that all about? on Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:16 pm

Reebok Trotter

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
boltonbonce wrote:I didn't know Cliff was gay!  Shocked

He has never denied being gay but whenever questioned he stated that his private life is his business. His living companion is a former priest who he described as his ' life partner' and he has been present with Cliff at the High Court throughout his case against the BBC.

There is previous history with Cliff and the BBC in that for many years the Beeb refused to play any of his songs on any BBC owned radio channel.

20 Re: Cliff Richard - what's that all about? on Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:42 pm

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Reebok Trotter wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:I didn't know Cliff was gay!  Shocked

He has never denied being gay but whenever questioned he stated that his private life is his business. His living companion is a former priest who he described as his ' life partner' and he has been present with Cliff at the High Court throughout his case against the BBC.

There is previous history with Cliff and the BBC in that for many years the Beeb refused to play any of his songs on any BBC owned radio channel.
I thought the former priest had a girlfriend,who also lived with them. A very odd state of affairs.

I'm not worried that Cliff might be gay,but more than a little concerned that he's beginning to look like Dr Evadne Hinge.

21 Re: Cliff Richard - what's that all about? on Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:54 pm

Angry Dad

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
boltonbonce wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:I didn't know Cliff was gay!  Shocked

He has never denied being gay but whenever questioned he stated that his private life is his business. His living companion is a former priest who he described as his ' life partner' and he has been present with Cliff at the High Court throughout his case against the BBC.

There is previous history with Cliff and the BBC in that for many years the Beeb refused to play any of his songs on any BBC owned radio channel.
I thought the former priest had a girlfriend,who also lived with them. A very odd state of affairs.

I'm not worried that Cliff might be gay,but more than a little concerned that he's beginning to look like Dr Evadne Hinge.
Photo of Ms Hinge please.

22 Re: Cliff Richard - what's that all about? on Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:13 pm

Reebok Trotter

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I just think Cliff is one of those devout Christian God bothering types who found it difficult to come to terms with his sexuality due to his deep religious beliefs and therefore avoids the subject of sexuality whenever questioned.

23 Re: Cliff Richard - what's that all about? on Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:34 pm

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Dr Hinge is on the right AD.

24 Re: Cliff Richard - what's that all about? on Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:51 pm

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Reebok Trotter wrote:I just think Cliff is one of those devout Christian God bothering types who found it difficult to come to terms with his sexuality due to his deep religious beliefs and therefore avoids the subject of sexuality whenever questioned.
Probably but I never had him down as a nonce. 

He’s no Jimmy Saville.

25 Re: Cliff Richard - what's that all about? on Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:53 pm

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Don't understand why all these old birds fancy him.

26 Re: Cliff Richard - what's that all about? on Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:13 pm

Reebok Trotter

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
About 10 years ago my missus wanted to visit the Trafford Centre to do a spot of shopping. We walked in on the ground floor and there was a queue of mainly women from the bottom up the steps all the way to Waterstones. I hadn't a clue as to who the celebrity was in the building but I later discovered it was Cliff signing his latest autobiography. The crowd was that big that the book signing overran by an hour and he stayed and signed every last book sold.

27 Re: Cliff Richard - what's that all about? on Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:14 pm

Reebok Trotter

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
RustyNail wrote:If i was a copper working on Yewtree, Mr 'I'm still a virgin' would be one of the first names on the investigation list. But money talks so they didn't manage to nail him.

On what basis?

28 Re: Cliff Richard - what's that all about? on Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:18 pm

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Reebok Trotter wrote:About 10 years ago my missus wanted to visit the Trafford Centre to do a spot of shopping. We walked in on the ground floor and there was a queue of mainly women from the bottom up the steps all the way to Waterstones. I hadn't a clue as to who the celebrity was in the building but I later discovered it was Cliff signing his latest autobiography. The crowd was that big that the book signing overran by an hour and he stayed and signed every last book sold.
Amazing. Always comes across as a nice bloke.
I suppose his private life should be his own,but these days celebrities are all over social media,telling us all about their intimate doings,and,quite frankly,I wish they'd all shut up.

29 Re: Cliff Richard - what's that all about? on Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:26 pm

Reebok Trotter

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I have never been all that keen on his music but I can't deny him his longevity in the music industry. I remember watching him on the Piers Morgan documentary where Piers pressed him on his private life followed by a spot of tennis. He actually came across as a decent bloke. His admission that he let Tony Blair and Cherie have a free holiday at his luxury Barbados villa was somewhat of a revelation.

30 Re: Cliff Richard - what's that all about? on Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:50 pm

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Did you know that his hit single 'Marianne' was written by Bill Owen? (Compo)

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum