Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Burton 2-0 Bolton

Burton 2-0 Bolton

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

121 Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton on Sat Apr 28 2018, 21:41

MartinBWFC

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Preston bought in 2 strikers in January, plus already had Maguire in the summer - so if anything you prove my point, rather than disproving it?

Don’t understand your office analogy, as everyone’s playing in the right position?

But to use the analogy it’s more like sacking your IT team and asking the receptionist to fill in.
You're going on ignore you boring obnoxious twat.

122 Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton on Sat Apr 28 2018, 21:49

T.R.O.Y

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Ignoring what?

123 Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton on Sat Apr 28 2018, 21:49

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Preston bought in 2 strikers in January, plus already had Maguire in the summer - so if anything you prove my point, rather than disproving it?

Don’t understand your office analogy, as everyone’s playing in the right position?

But to use the analogy it’s more like sacking your IT team and asking the receptionist to fill in.
You're going on ignore you boring obnoxious twat.

Why are you so angry?

124 Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton on Sat Apr 28 2018, 21:56

DEANO82

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Ignoring what?
Think he means he has put you on his foes lost so he can't see your messages anymore. It's great, I've put everyone on it and I just talk to myself all day. Then I log on here.

125 Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton on Sat Apr 28 2018, 22:07

T.R.O.Y

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Always find it odd that a middle aged man could get that wound up and refuse to listen to reason. Can’t be a fun life.

126 Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton on Sat Apr 28 2018, 22:40

MartinBWFC

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Why are you so angry?
Because there is no defense for backing that fucking clown Parkinson.

127 Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton on Sun Apr 29 2018, 10:30

Bwfc1958

Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

128 Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton on Sun Apr 29 2018, 13:39

Hipster_Nebula

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Why is every manager we've had since Sam only capable of playing one way?
Bullshit, Coyle played attacking football on the ground, Megson at least had a gameplan, Freedman I'll give you, Lennon started well and for whatever reason went to ratshit, this goon is a fucking disgrace to football, even in league 1 his football was shite.

You missed the point. They could all only play one way.

129 Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton on Sun Apr 29 2018, 13:40

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Chris Coleman is free now. Not much chance of him turning up here though.

130 Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton on Sun Apr 29 2018, 13:44

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Chris Coleman is free now. Not much chance of him turning up here though.

He’s just took Sunderland down

131 Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton on Sun Apr 29 2018, 13:49

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
We need a manager who knows the lower leagues, who can spot potential in players playing in League 2.

It's got to be a new start, with a young and fresh manager, playing football instead of hoofball. Release the whole squad that are out of contract and start again.

132 Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton on Sun Apr 29 2018, 13:57

MartinBWFC

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:We need a manager who knows the lower leagues, who can spot potential in players playing in League 2.

It's got to be a new start, with a young and fresh manager, playing football instead of hoofball. Release the whole squad that are out of contract and start again.
Agree 100%, clean slate needed, and if it takes a few years to steady the ship, so be it.

133 Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton on Sun Apr 29 2018, 14:05

T.R.O.Y

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:We need a manager who knows the lower leagues, who can spot potential in players playing in League 2.

Agreed, think it’s probably a bit of a big ask though. Especially releasing all the out of contract players, hard enough getting any new faces in with no money.

134 Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton on Sun Apr 29 2018, 14:11

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Agree 100%, clean slate needed, and if it takes a few years to steady the ship, so be it.
It would be nice, however it seems unlikely that Anderson will sell if we get relegated and he will be desperate to get back up straight away so I wouldn't be surprised if Parky was retained and the team will again be based on loans and has-beens with the same systems being employed.
A bigger worry is the financial situation given that if you take the income from the Madine sale out of the equation, we are still losing money hand over fist even with the Championship money coming in, so next year is likely to be  far worse if/when we go down.
I would argue that if we don't have any money it makes sense to promote from the reserves and youth teams and buy lower league players with potential, but it's just not in Parky's DNA and the idea of paying off Parky is perhaps not in Anderson's.
IMO we need a new owner to sort things out from top to bottom.
Maybe Anderson will realise that he's not going to get that big pay day and will step aside for what little he's put in?

135 Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton on Sun Apr 29 2018, 14:25

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Agreed, think it’s probably a bit of a big ask though. Especially releasing all the out of contract players, hard enough getting any new faces in with no money.

I'd say it would be a harder ask to bring in players worse than the current squad.

Surely there are players at a lower level who are comfortable on the ball? Fuck me, I've watched Chorley several times this season and their central midfield show more composure on the ball than our fuckwits.

136 Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton on Sun Apr 29 2018, 14:26

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
I think I'm right in saying that Ken is paying himself 500k a year out of the clubs revenue so he's on to a nice little earner with BWFC even if a more lucrative sale looks unlikely at the moment

137 Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton on Sun Apr 29 2018, 14:28

wessy

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Why are you so angry?
Because there is no defense for backing that fucking clown Parkinson.

My guess is that you were clapping the clown at the end of last season, If not then you really are an angry man, i mean at the Macron just after the Peterboro match ? chill out.

138 Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton on Sun Apr 29 2018, 14:31

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:My guess is that you were clapping the clown at the end of last season, If not then you really are an angry man, i mean at the Macron just after the Peterboro match ? chill out.

wessy = shit fan

139 Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton on Sun Apr 29 2018, 14:32

MartinBWFC

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
My guess is that you were clapping the clown at the end of last season, If not then you really are an angry man, i mean at the Macron just after the Peterboro match ? chill out.
So are you telling me Parkinson has done a sterling job? if so you are either on crack, or you're just fucking cracked, he's a fucking awful manager, and no I didn't clap him, I've said throughout his tenure how terrible he is.

140 Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton on Sun Apr 29 2018, 14:38

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Isn’t he the first manager to get a team promoted under an embargo.

Parky is far from the worst manager we’ve ever had. Be nice to see how he’d do with a bit of money

141 Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton on Sun Apr 29 2018, 14:41

wessy

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I never mentioned Parkinson's ability just how fucking angry you are, every post follows the same warpath, not disagreeing with you just saying your attacking the wrong people, do you think the rest of us are happy after this collapse
No Say something constructive you gave some ideas about a new boss fair enough but success at another club isn't a guarantee of success. We all thought Lennon would be the answer and it wasn't every Bolton Manager since Big Sam has felt the wrath of our supporters for different reason. It's very hard to get right but i agree the style of play isn't acceptable and change is needed.

My worry is that relegation may mean that the chairman may think he already as the right man in pole position for league 1 ?

142 Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton on Sun Apr 29 2018, 14:48

T.R.O.Y

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Parkinson’s brief when he took the job was to get us promoted. Having done that it’s impossivle to argue that he’s done a good job overall with the team. Looks as though keeping us up is beyond him, but given the circumstances he’s done it under I certainly don’t think he’s done a bad job as I don’t think this squad is capable of much else. Overall an average performance from an average manager.

Having said all of that, summer will bring a change. No budget and a poor squad doesn’t fill me with confidence as to who we’ll get in.

143 Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton on Sun Apr 29 2018, 15:04

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Parky is far from the worst manager we’ve ever had. Be nice to see how he’d do with a bit of money

Money had nothing to do with yesterday.

We have shit players, of that there is no doubt, but 100% commitment should be a given for any footballer regardless of his ability.

And the manager, regardless of his squad, should know how to motivate his team, and most of all, know when to FUCKING TRY AND WIN rather than hand the initiative to the opposition.

144 Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton on Sun Apr 29 2018, 15:13

T.R.O.Y

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Agreed on motivation, think he’s had it for most of the season. But for whatever reason it’s not there at the moment, the team looks bereft of confidence and I really don’t think the constant chopping and changing is helping anything.

145 Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton on Sun Apr 29 2018, 15:21

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Agreed on motivation, think he’s had it for most of the season. But for whatever reason it’s not there at the moment, the team looks bereft of confidence and I really don’t think the constant chopping and changing is helping anything.

Would you sack him?

146 Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton on Sun Apr 29 2018, 15:26

T.R.O.Y

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Once the atmosphere turns the way it has I think it’s difficult for a manager to come back from that, so yes it’s probably time for a change. My issue is, with the ownership as it is I can’t see us bringing anyone better in should we go down - and then what? 

Fans like Martin will never be satisfied, there’s an ill founded belief we deserve to be higher than we are. Martin even once told me this squad is mid table standard! 

At some point we have to recognise that the manager isn’t the issue and we won’t really progress until there’s real investment in the side.

147 Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton on Sun Apr 29 2018, 15:33

Bwfc1958

Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!
Ken Anderson wrote:There has been a great deal of comment about the defensive strategy and team setup recently and we have taken this on board and having discussed this with the manager, l can assure you, that there will be a positive and offensive line up against Nottingham Forest this Sunday.
If Parky does go with an offensive lineup and strategy against Forest, it looks as though he's been forced into it.

If the chairman has to tell him how to set up then surely that means he has no faith in him and his time must be up.

148 Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton on Sun Apr 29 2018, 15:44

T.R.O.Y

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Anderson again undermining the manager to curry favour with the fans. Can’t help but think this attitude hasn’t helped in the dressing room.

149 Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton on Sun Apr 29 2018, 15:50

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Anderson again undermining the manager to curry favour with the fans. Can’t help but think this attitude hasn’t helped in the dressing room.

You might be right, but it's Kens club and he stands to lose out if we go down.

Let's be honest though, he's speaking the truth. It really was a negative team selection.

150 Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton on Sun Apr 29 2018, 15:56

MartinBWFC

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
You might be right, but it's Kens club and he stands to lose out if we go down.

Let's be honest though, he's speaking the truth. It really was a negative team selection.
I can't remember any team not just ours that set up with 8 defensive players, that is the mark of the man, spineless, clueless and as others have pointed out, what does his backroom staff offer? I don't think I've ever seen them assisting.

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum