Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lap of Honour on Sunday?

+7
MartinBWFC
Bollotom2014
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
wanderlust
Norpig
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Lap of Honour on Sunday? Empty Lap of Honour on Sunday? Mon Apr 30 2018, 13:24

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just suppose we do the impossible and manage to stay up on Sunday, would you stay for a lap of honour? 
I for one will be fucking off when the final whistle goes whatever happens as that shower of so called professional footballers don't deserve my applause.
The players are so out of touch these days, someone i know went to the Burton game and when the players came over at the end they didn't react too well to being booed and told they aren't fit to wear the shirt and got all upset and started to give some stick back  Shocked

2Lap of Honour on Sunday? Empty Re: Lap of Honour on Sunday? Mon Apr 30 2018, 13:29

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If we do survive, they would deserve a lap of honour given the pre-season expectations.
However I'm sure everyone will want increased investment and a change of managerial style so I imagine a lot of fans wouldn't want their approval of the achievement to be misinterpreted as "well done, carry on as you were".

3Lap of Honour on Sunday? Empty Re: Lap of Honour on Sunday? Mon Apr 30 2018, 13:31

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If the team had put the effort in and gone down fighting then fair enough, but can anyone say this lot have done that?

4Lap of Honour on Sunday? Empty Re: Lap of Honour on Sunday? Mon Apr 30 2018, 13:44

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:If the team had put the effort in and gone down fighting then fair enough, but can anyone say this lot have done that?
No but we're talking about a hypothetical scenario in which we win and survive so I presume they'll have had to put in the effort to achieve that.
And if they do there will be such a sense of relief that I imagine a lot of fans will want to get behind them despite what's happened recently.

5Lap of Honour on Sunday? Empty Re: Lap of Honour on Sunday? Mon Apr 30 2018, 14:05

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

All we can do is win against Forest,and hope for the best. If we stay in this league I'll consider it a successful season,because my expectations were pretty low from day one. After a horrible start,we picked up and gave ourselves a chance,but the sale of Madine,and the lack of a decent replacement,has pretty much brought us to this.
I'd be so relieved at staying up,I'd probably stay behind,but I know quite a few who won't,and at least five who won't be renewing their season tickets.

6Lap of Honour on Sunday? Empty Re: Lap of Honour on Sunday? Mon Apr 30 2018, 15:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've already bought a huge bag of tomatoes.

7Lap of Honour on Sunday? Empty Re: Lap of Honour on Sunday? Mon Apr 30 2018, 15:23

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I've already bought a huge bag of tomatoes.
I'm bringing tins. But don't tell 58.

8Lap of Honour on Sunday? Empty Re: Lap of Honour on Sunday? Mon Apr 30 2018, 15:26

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:I've already bought a huge bag of tomatoes.
I'm bringing tins. But don't tell 58.

I hope they are rotten.

Rotten eggs would be good too!

9Lap of Honour on Sunday? Empty Re: Lap of Honour on Sunday? Mon Apr 30 2018, 15:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You can guarantee the happy clappers will be out in force, applauding their Gods despite another home defeat and relegation.

10Lap of Honour on Sunday? Empty Re: Lap of Honour on Sunday? Mon Apr 30 2018, 16:03

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Might be a lot easier getting off the car park on Sunday. If it goes tits up they'll be flooding out well before the 90.

11Lap of Honour on Sunday? Empty Re: Lap of Honour on Sunday? Mon Apr 30 2018, 17:33

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Perhaps they should be made to do a lap. The fans can then decide if it is of honour or derision and react accordingly.

12Lap of Honour on Sunday? Empty Re: Lap of Honour on Sunday? Mon Apr 30 2018, 17:44

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There are still some stocks that could be brought back into use in Rivington. Very Happy

13Lap of Honour on Sunday? Empty Re: Lap of Honour on Sunday? Mon Apr 30 2018, 18:05

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

karlypants wrote:There are still some stocks that could be brought back into use in Rivington. Very Happy
Reserved solely for Parkinson.

14Lap of Honour on Sunday? Empty Re: Lap of Honour on Sunday? Mon Apr 30 2018, 18:14

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

MartinBWFC wrote:
karlypants wrote:There are still some stocks that could be brought back into use in Rivington. Very Happy
Solely for Parkinson? I don't mind admitting the bloke is tactically inept but it sounds as though you're absolving the players of any blame. Regardless of tactics, they've been utter shite. The manager can't pass the ball for them or shoot on target for them.

15Lap of Honour on Sunday? Empty Re: Lap of Honour on Sunday? Mon Apr 30 2018, 18:16

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:
Solely for Parkinson? I don't mind admitting the bloke is tactically inept but it sounds as though you're absolving the players of any blame. Regardless of tactics, they've been utter shite. The manager can't pass the ball for them or shoot on target for them.

He’s got a weird hatred of a guy that won us immediate promotion, under an embargo, when 90% of people on here claimed we’d be nowhere near the top of the table.

16Lap of Honour on Sunday? Empty Re: Lap of Honour on Sunday? Mon Apr 30 2018, 18:27

Boggersbelief wrote:
Bwfc1958 wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:

He’s got a weird hatred of a guy that won us immediate promotion, under an embargo, when 90% of people on here claimed we’d be nowhere near the top of the table.

Best comment you’ve ever posted.

17Lap of Honour on Sunday? Empty Re: Lap of Honour on Sunday? Mon Apr 30 2018, 18:31

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:
Bwfc1958 wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:

Best comment you’ve ever posted.

In your opinion

18Lap of Honour on Sunday? Empty Re: Lap of Honour on Sunday? Mon Apr 30 2018, 18:59

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be
registered and logged in to see this image.]
Jack Dearden‏ 

[ltr]@TheJackDearden[/ltr]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

FollowFollow 

[ltr]@TheJackDearden[/ltr]

More
And there’s more ...Just after 7pm I’ll be answering your questions on Facebook Live.Go to BBC Radio Manchester’s Facebook page...

19Lap of Honour on Sunday? Empty Re: Lap of Honour on Sunday? Mon Apr 30 2018, 19:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Who the feck is Jack Dearden?

I couldn't give a shite what he has to say.

20Lap of Honour on Sunday? Empty Re: Lap of Honour on Sunday? Mon Apr 30 2018, 21:38

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm reliably informed that there are twenty players out of contract at the end of this season. ( Yes, twenty!) I can't see us beating Forest but if we did and we somehow manage to survive then I'm sure the fans will want to celebrate. But....if we do survive...what about next season? If, as expected, a lot of the current squad move on then we should look at introducing the Under 23's who have had a great season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum