Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Lap of Honour on Sunday?

Lap of Honour on Sunday?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Lap of Honour on Sunday? on Mon Apr 30 2018, 13:24

Norpig

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Just suppose we do the impossible and manage to stay up on Sunday, would you stay for a lap of honour? 
I for one will be fucking off when the final whistle goes whatever happens as that shower of so called professional footballers don't deserve my applause.
The players are so out of touch these days, someone i know went to the Burton game and when the players came over at the end they didn't react too well to being booed and told they aren't fit to wear the shirt and got all upset and started to give some stick back  Shocked

2 Re: Lap of Honour on Sunday? on Mon Apr 30 2018, 13:29

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
If we do survive, they would deserve a lap of honour given the pre-season expectations.
However I'm sure everyone will want increased investment and a change of managerial style so I imagine a lot of fans wouldn't want their approval of the achievement to be misinterpreted as "well done, carry on as you were".

3 Re: Lap of Honour on Sunday? on Mon Apr 30 2018, 13:31

Norpig

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
If the team had put the effort in and gone down fighting then fair enough, but can anyone say this lot have done that?

4 Re: Lap of Honour on Sunday? on Mon Apr 30 2018, 13:44

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Norpig wrote:If the team had put the effort in and gone down fighting then fair enough, but can anyone say this lot have done that?
No but we're talking about a hypothetical scenario in which we win and survive so I presume they'll have had to put in the effort to achieve that.
And if they do there will be such a sense of relief that I imagine a lot of fans will want to get behind them despite what's happened recently.

5 Re: Lap of Honour on Sunday? on Mon Apr 30 2018, 14:05

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
All we can do is win against Forest,and hope for the best. If we stay in this league I'll consider it a successful season,because my expectations were pretty low from day one. After a horrible start,we picked up and gave ourselves a chance,but the sale of Madine,and the lack of a decent replacement,has pretty much brought us to this.
I'd be so relieved at staying up,I'd probably stay behind,but I know quite a few who won't,and at least five who won't be renewing their season tickets.

6 Re: Lap of Honour on Sunday? on Mon Apr 30 2018, 15:05

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I've already bought a huge bag of tomatoes.

7 Re: Lap of Honour on Sunday? on Mon Apr 30 2018, 15:23

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Natasha Whittam wrote:I've already bought a huge bag of tomatoes.
I'm bringing tins. But don't tell 58.

8 Re: Lap of Honour on Sunday? on Mon Apr 30 2018, 15:26

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
boltonbonce wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:I've already bought a huge bag of tomatoes.
I'm bringing tins. But don't tell 58.

I hope they are rotten.

Rotten eggs would be good too!

9 Re: Lap of Honour on Sunday? on Mon Apr 30 2018, 15:50

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
You can guarantee the happy clappers will be out in force, applauding their Gods despite another home defeat and relegation.

10 Re: Lap of Honour on Sunday? on Mon Apr 30 2018, 16:03

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Might be a lot easier getting off the car park on Sunday. If it goes tits up they'll be flooding out well before the 90.

11 Re: Lap of Honour on Sunday? on Mon Apr 30 2018, 17:33

Bollotom2014

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Perhaps they should be made to do a lap. The fans can then decide if it is of honour or derision and react accordingly.

12 Re: Lap of Honour on Sunday? on Mon Apr 30 2018, 17:44

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
There are still some stocks that could be brought back into use in Rivington. Very Happy

13 Re: Lap of Honour on Sunday? on Mon Apr 30 2018, 18:05

MartinBWFC

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
karlypants wrote:There are still some stocks that could be brought back into use in Rivington. Very Happy
Reserved solely for Parkinson.

14 Re: Lap of Honour on Sunday? on Mon Apr 30 2018, 18:14

Bwfc1958

Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!
MartinBWFC wrote:
karlypants wrote:There are still some stocks that could be brought back into use in Rivington. Very Happy
Solely for Parkinson? I don't mind admitting the bloke is tactically inept but it sounds as though you're absolving the players of any blame. Regardless of tactics, they've been utter shite. The manager can't pass the ball for them or shoot on target for them.

15 Re: Lap of Honour on Sunday? on Mon Apr 30 2018, 18:16

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Bwfc1958 wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:
Solely for Parkinson? I don't mind admitting the bloke is tactically inept but it sounds as though you're absolving the players of any blame. Regardless of tactics, they've been utter shite. The manager can't pass the ball for them or shoot on target for them.

He’s got a weird hatred of a guy that won us immediate promotion, under an embargo, when 90% of people on here claimed we’d be nowhere near the top of the table.

16 Re: Lap of Honour on Sunday? on Mon Apr 30 2018, 18:27

T.R.O.Y

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Boggersbelief wrote:
Bwfc1958 wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:

He’s got a weird hatred of a guy that won us immediate promotion, under an embargo, when 90% of people on here claimed we’d be nowhere near the top of the table.

Best comment you’ve ever posted.

17 Re: Lap of Honour on Sunday? on Mon Apr 30 2018, 18:31

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
T.R.O.Y wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:
Bwfc1958 wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:

Best comment you’ve ever posted.

In your opinion

18 Re: Lap of Honour on Sunday? on Mon Apr 30 2018, 18:59

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be
registered and logged in to see this image.]
Jack Dearden‏ 

[ltr]@TheJackDearden[/ltr]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

FollowFollow 

[ltr]@TheJackDearden[/ltr]

More
And there’s more ...Just after 7pm I’ll be answering your questions on Facebook Live.Go to BBC Radio Manchester’s Facebook page...

19 Re: Lap of Honour on Sunday? on Mon Apr 30 2018, 19:32

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Who the feck is Jack Dearden?

I couldn't give a shite what he has to say.

20 Re: Lap of Honour on Sunday? on Mon Apr 30 2018, 21:38

Reebok Trotter

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I'm reliably informed that there are twenty players out of contract at the end of this season. ( Yes, twenty!) I can't see us beating Forest but if we did and we somehow manage to survive then I'm sure the fans will want to celebrate. But....if we do survive...what about next season? If, as expected, a lot of the current squad move on then we should look at introducing the Under 23's who have had a great season.

21 Re: Lap of Honour on Sunday? on Mon Apr 30 2018, 21:43

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Natasha Whittam wrote:Who the feck is Jack Dearden?

I couldn't give a shite what he has to say.
You can't be serious. Everyone knows who Jack is.
Has a great double act with Alan Gowling.

22 Re: Lap of Honour on Sunday? on Mon Apr 30 2018, 21:58

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
boltonbonce wrote:You can't be serious. Everyone knows who Jack is.

Who is Alan Gowling? Were they like the Chuckle Brothers?

23 Re: Lap of Honour on Sunday? on Mon Apr 30 2018, 22:04

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Jack always comes across as biased.
I remember many commentaries like this...

Dearden...The ref has given a foul! How he can give that from where he is? And the linesman had a clear view. It's unbelievable.

Gowling...It was a foul Jack.

Love Jack Dearden.

24 Re: Lap of Honour on Sunday? on Tue May 01 2018, 12:02

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
boltonbonce wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Jack always comes across as biased.
I remember many commentaries like this...

Dearden...The ref has given a foul! How he can give that from where he is? And the linesman had a clear view. It's unbelievable.

Gowling...It was a foul Jack.

Love Jack Dearden.
Gowling on the other hand was a bright bloke who told it the way he saw it and in an unbiased and realistic way. As a player, he was never as prolific a striker for us as he had been at Manure, but still a player who gave us some hope in difficult times as he had the ability.

25 Re: Lap of Honour on Sunday? on Tue May 01 2018, 20:44

wessy

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
One statistic says it's a bloody miracle we have something to play for on Sunday.

Start 11 games 2 points
Finish 7 games 1 Point (pre Forest)

So 18 games 3 points that = 40 % of the season, yet we are just one win from safety , some poor teams this year.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum