Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

Last Match: Reading 0-1 Bolton
Next Match: Bolton v Birmingham - 22/08/2018 20:00
PLAYER RATINGS: Reading 0-1 Bolton (details)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Let’s have a row

Let’s have a row

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Let’s have a row on Sun May 06 2018, 20:38

Bolton Rebirth


Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel
I won’t delve into the archives of this forum or any other to find some of the quotes I’ve heard about Bolton this season by our supporters - and I use that term as loosely as it can be used with.

But this is a message aimed specifically at the doubters. Those after 11 games or whatever it was with only 2 points. Those after Burton beat us at home. And away. Those who went on the pitch last year while also thinking “well were up but we should still get rid of the manager”

But more recently and most specifically to the party boys who went to Burton last week and for the final 88 minutes of the game gave our team nothing but grief, today’s celebrations were aimed at you. Not for you.

I know a lot of fans from a lot of rival clubs and they’re as long as your arm. But this season I haven’t had to defend our team against them half as much as I have had to against our own fans.

And by no stretch do I mean “ALL” or even most of our fans, most I see want and believe in the best for BWFC.

But the ones who go only to either the local games, or the odd longer distance game because it might mean something because you can get pissed and moan at something you have absolutely no knowledge about - just stay the fuck away..

I’m not going to dress the team up any better than it is. It’s a team that is not good enough for this level as it is. But we’ve come up and got fortunate at that, we’ve had no further investment because it isn’t there. We’ve lost our top goalscorer mid season - two years running. 

We’ve had 11 opening games where we’ve got fuck all. We’ve had our last 7 games before today and got fuck all. 

But now look at that table. And before Natasha Whittam or any of the other soldiers of darkness befall us, I’m not saying that in itself is an achievement. Given our situation though not only this season but even in this last ridiculously miraculous game we went head long into shit and somehow avoided it.

We now have a chance to prepare properly with the Madine money behind us to build a real team with actual quality - and god bless him but hopefully we won’t need nearly 40-something’s like Wilbraham to pull us out. 

I’ve said before that if we’re in this situation again in 12 months time, Parkinson’s time might be up. But for this season he’s accomplished what to me was an impossible achievement. The guy deserves a medal.

Summing up the lecture - and I don’t care if it’s a lecture if it just means you actually have to sit and fucking read something - for next season if you get behind the manager and team from the off, and stop shitting yourselves at 2.15 when the teamsheet is released and you think you know best, we might actually be able to build on this and climb the league. 

Keep booing and doubting and I along with many others would rather you just simply didn’t bother. Watch Wigan, watch Blackburn. Watch Chorley (although I know some of them and they don’t want doubters neither), cricket, hockey or badminton if you prefer. But don’t come down to our ground every week and give them shit because if we are in this spot again next year then the blood is on you as much as the manager  and players that got us there.

2 Re: Let’s have a row on Sun May 06 2018, 20:48

MartinBWFC

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
What a fucking

3 Re: Let’s have a row on Sun May 06 2018, 20:49

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:What a fucking
Who’s being fucked?

Far too much for me to read right now! Very Happy

4 Re: Let’s have a row on Sun May 06 2018, 20:53

MartinBWFC

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
I was going to say what a fucking sactimonious post, telling folk to stay away, I'd say it's up to individuals to decide if they want to attend, not some random bellend on a football forum.

5 Re: Let’s have a row on Sun May 06 2018, 21:04

Bolton Rebirth


Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel
Oh okay then turn up and give us shit. Works really well that in any walk of life. And aren’t we all random bellends on a forum, isn’t that the point?

6 Re: Let’s have a row on Sun May 06 2018, 21:13

MartinBWFC

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
I turn up and if I feel there's something to moan about (there's been a lot this season) I'll moan, on the flipside if there's praise to be given then I'll give it, but to tell folk to stay away is a bit rich, and for what it's worth I know a good few season ticket holders that won't renew if Parkinson keeps his job.

7 Re: Let’s have a row on Sun May 06 2018, 21:14

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I won’t delve into the archives of this forum or any other to find some of the quotes I’ve heard about Bolton this season by our supporters - and I use that term as loosely as it can be used with.

But this is a message aimed specifically at the doubters. Those after 11 games or whatever it was with only 2 points. Those after Burton beat us at home. And away. Those who went on the pitch last year while also thinking “well were up but we should still get rid of the manager”

But more recently and most specifically to the party boys who went to Burton last week and for the final 88 minutes of the game gave our team nothing but grief, today’s celebrations were aimed at you. Not for you.

I know a lot of fans from a lot of rival clubs and they’re as long as your arm. But this season I haven’t had to defend our team against them half as much as I have had to against our own fans.

And by no stretch do I mean “ALL” or even most of our fans, most I see want and believe in the best for BWFC.

But the ones who go only to either the local games, or the odd longer distance game because it might mean something because you can get pissed and moan at something you have absolutely no knowledge about - just stay the fuck away..

I’m not going to dress the team up any better than it is. It’s a team that is not good enough for this level as it is. But we’ve come up and got fortunate at that, we’ve had no further investment because it isn’t there. We’ve lost our top goalscorer mid season - two years running. 

We’ve had 11 opening games where we’ve got fuck all. We’ve had our last 7 games before today and got fuck all. 

But now look at that table. And before Natasha Whittam or any of the other soldiers of darkness befall us, I’m not saying that in itself is an achievement. Given our situation though not only this season but even in this last ridiculously miraculous game we went head long into shit and somehow avoided it.

We now have a chance to prepare properly with the Madine money behind us to build a real team with actual quality - and god bless him but hopefully we won’t need nearly 40-something’s like Wilbraham to pull us out. 

I’ve said before that if we’re in this situation again in 12 months time, Parkinson’s time might be up. But for this season he’s accomplished what to me was an impossible achievement. The guy deserves a medal.

Summing up the lecture - and I don’t care if it’s a lecture if it just means you actually have to sit and fucking read something - for next season if you get behind the manager and team from the off, and stop shitting yourselves at 2.15 when the teamsheet is released and you think you know best, we might actually be able to build on this and climb the league. 

Keep booing and doubting and I along with many others would rather you just simply didn’t bother. Watch Wigan, watch Blackburn. Watch Chorley (although I know some of them and they don’t want doubters neither), cricket, hockey or badminton if you prefer. But don’t come down to our ground every week and give them shit because if we are in this spot again next year then the blood is on you as much as the manager  and players that got us there.

If you'd posted that after the Burton game I'd say you'd be entitled to your opinion, even though I don't agree with it.

To post it a few hours after we stayed in the division by a whisker just makes it laughable. Where were you a week ago with your condescending bollocks?

A Bolton supporter is one who goes to the games. He or she is supporting the club by handing over money. That gives he or she the right to applaud or hurl abuse, I really don't care.

These players are paid handsomely, as is the manager, if they can't go to Burton and put on a performance they deserve every single bit of abuse. To hide behind the "they're not good enough so we shouldn't criticise them" excuse is just absolute bullshit. They showed today they CAN perform at this level. Where was this performance against Birmingham? Or against Burton?

I bet you didn't even go today.



Last edited by Natasha Whittam on Sun May 06 2018, 21:14; edited 1 time in total

8 Re: Let’s have a row on Sun May 06 2018, 21:15

finlaymcdanger

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I won’t delve into the archives of this forum or any other to find some of the quotes I’ve heard about Bolton this season by our supporters - and I use that term as loosely as it can be used with.

But this is a message aimed specifically at the doubters. Those after 11 games or whatever it was with only 2 points. Those after Burton beat us at home. And away. Those who went on the pitch last year while also thinking “well were up but we should still get rid of the manager”

But more recently and most specifically to the party boys who went to Burton last week and for the final 88 minutes of the game gave our team nothing but grief, today’s celebrations were aimed at you. Not for you.

I know a lot of fans from a lot of rival clubs and they’re as long as your arm. But this season I haven’t had to defend our team against them half as much as I have had to against our own fans.

And by no stretch do I mean “ALL” or even most of our fans, most I see want and believe in the best for BWFC.

But the ones who go only to either the local games, or the odd longer distance game because it might mean something because you can get pissed and moan at something you have absolutely no knowledge about - just stay the fuck away..

I’m not going to dress the team up any better than it is. It’s a team that is not good enough for this level as it is. But we’ve come up and got fortunate at that, we’ve had no further investment because it isn’t there. We’ve lost our top goalscorer mid season - two years running. 

We’ve had 11 opening games where we’ve got fuck all. We’ve had our last 7 games before today and got fuck all. 

But now look at that table. And before Natasha Whittam or any of the other soldiers of darkness befall us, I’m not saying that in itself is an achievement. Given our situation though not only this season but even in this last ridiculously miraculous game we went head long into shit and somehow avoided it.

We now have a chance to prepare properly with the Madine money behind us to build a real team with actual quality - and god bless him but hopefully we won’t need nearly 40-something’s like Wilbraham to pull us out. 

I’ve said before that if we’re in this situation again in 12 months time, Parkinson’s time might be up. But for this season he’s accomplished what to me was an impossible achievement. The guy deserves a medal.

Summing up the lecture - and I don’t care if it’s a lecture if it just means you actually have to sit and fucking read something - for next season if you get behind the manager and team from the off, and stop shitting yourselves at 2.15 when the teamsheet is released and you think you know best, we might actually be able to build on this and climb the league. 

Keep booing and doubting and I along with many others would rather you just simply didn’t bother. Watch Wigan, watch Blackburn. Watch Chorley (although I know some of them and they don’t want doubters neither), cricket, hockey or badminton if you prefer. But don’t come down to our ground every week and give them shit because if we are in this spot again next year then the blood is on you as much as the manager  and players that got us there.

It's been a challenging season and emotions have certainly run high at times. But, lucky for us all, it resulted in a truly heart-stopping climax and an achievement which should be applauded.

So, why don't we all just let each other enjoy it for while? Start with the finger pointing bullshit and telling people that they're not welcome at their own club in a day or two, eh? Miserable bastard.

COME ON YOU WHITES!

9 Re: Let’s have a row on Sun May 06 2018, 21:16

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
None of you fuckwits are welcome next season. You spoil it for me.

10 Re: Let’s have a row on Sun May 06 2018, 21:44

Bolton Rebirth


Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I won’t delve into the archives of this forum or any other to find some of the quotes I’ve heard about Bolton this season by our supporters - and I use that term as loosely as it can be used with.

But this is a message aimed specifically at the doubters. Those after 11 games or whatever it was with only 2 points. Those after Burton beat us at home. And away. Those who went on the pitch last year while also thinking “well were up but we should still get rid of the manager”

But more recently and most specifically to the party boys who went to Burton last week and for the final 88 minutes of the game gave our team nothing but grief, today’s celebrations were aimed at you. Not for you.

I know a lot of fans from a lot of rival clubs and they’re as long as your arm. But this season I haven’t had to defend our team against them half as much as I have had to against our own fans.

And by no stretch do I mean “ALL” or even most of our fans, most I see want and believe in the best for BWFC.

But the ones who go only to either the local games, or the odd longer distance game because it might mean something because you can get pissed and moan at something you have absolutely no knowledge about - just stay the fuck away..

I’m not going to dress the team up any better than it is. It’s a team that is not good enough for this level as it is. But we’ve come up and got fortunate at that, we’ve had no further investment because it isn’t there. We’ve lost our top goalscorer mid season - two years running. 

We’ve had 11 opening games where we’ve got fuck all. We’ve had our last 7 games before today and got fuck all. 

But now look at that table. And before Natasha Whittam or any of the other soldiers of darkness befall us, I’m not saying that in itself is an achievement. Given our situation though not only this season but even in this last ridiculously miraculous game we went head long into shit and somehow avoided it.

We now have a chance to prepare properly with the Madine money behind us to build a real team with actual quality - and god bless him but hopefully we won’t need nearly 40-something’s like Wilbraham to pull us out. 

I’ve said before that if we’re in this situation again in 12 months time, Parkinson’s time might be up. But for this season he’s accomplished what to me was an impossible achievement. The guy deserves a medal.

Summing up the lecture - and I don’t care if it’s a lecture if it just means you actually have to sit and fucking read something - for next season if you get behind the manager and team from the off, and stop shitting yourselves at 2.15 when the teamsheet is released and you think you know best, we might actually be able to build on this and climb the league. 

Keep booing and doubting and I along with many others would rather you just simply didn’t bother. Watch Wigan, watch Blackburn. Watch Chorley (although I know some of them and they don’t want doubters neither), cricket, hockey or badminton if you prefer. But don’t come down to our ground every week and give them shit because if we are in this spot again next year then the blood is on you as much as the manager  and players that got us there.

If you'd posted that after the Burton game I'd say you'd be entitled to your opinion, even though I don't agree with it.

To post it a few hours after we stayed in the division by a whisker just makes it laughable. Where were you a week ago with your condescending bollocks?

A Bolton supporter is one who goes to the games. He or she is supporting the club by handing over money. That gives he or she the right to applaud or hurl abuse, I really don't care.

These players are paid handsomely, as is the manager, if they can't go to Burton and put on a performance they deserve every single bit of abuse. To hide behind the "they're not good enough so we shouldn't criticise them" excuse is just absolute bullshit. They showed today they CAN perform at this level. Where was this performance against Birmingham? Or against Burton?

I bet you didn't even go today.

The only game I’ve missed at home this year is Wolves which was for something booked before we got promoted last year - if it had have been a title celebration for us I’d have missed it also.

And everyone should enjoy today, it’s a miraculous achievement. And there’s a lot that didn’t think it would happen, me including. Fine, you didnt think we’ll stay up, fair enough. That bit I get. But all season booing the manager or board or players or whatever, and then being surprised at the performance going down by all and thinking it’s unrelated? Yep do that and convince yourself you’re a “great fan” but I’m not having it.

Fuck off if I’d have put it after Burton. I put it before Burton somewhere and I was ignored. I avoided here after Burton because I can’t be doing with all the “death is nigh” crap that follows every defeat. And I’m sure it was there and they were all wrong. 

As I’ve said I’m not trying to make this outcome out for anything it isnt, but from the situations we’ve been in this season it’s unbelievable to me. 

Just support the team if you go or you might aswell not bother. If it’s going wrong after 60-70 mins and it’s dreadful then fine go for it. But when it’s a game like Burton or Barnsley or somewhere relatively near, more often than not our support give up after the first cross drops a bit long. Which passes to the fans which boo and give them shit which results in a lower performance. 

Today everyone turned up, was positive and even when we were behind I didn’t hear any “we’re fucking shiiiiit”, “Accrington Stanley we’re coming for you” or any one of the other negative bollocks chants I had to endure last week and just look at the result.

Never say die, fight for every ball and all the other cliches came today and and that doesn’t unless the fans get behind them.

11 Re: Let’s have a row on Sun May 06 2018, 21:47

Bolton Rebirth


Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel
Pleased to see your support for Chorley Natasha though, desperately unlucky today by all accounts.

12 Re: Let’s have a row on Sun May 06 2018, 21:56

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:But all season booing the manager or board or players or whatever, and then being surprised at the performance going down by all and thinking it’s unrelated? Yep do that and convince yourself you’re a “great fan” but I’m not having it.


It's clueless fans like you that have contributed to the "God-like" status the modern footballer enjoys.

Sometimes players (all players, not just ours) are just crap, or not interested, or lazy. It isn't our job to applaud those players. You seem to be suggesting we should be applauding them off after poor performances? Are we at the point where players are beyond blame?

The modern footballer is paid like a king, but regardless of salary, it's his fucking job! It shouldn't matter what the people on the terraces are doing or saying. In the real world if people underperform they don't get a round of applause from their bosses, they get the fucking push.

If players were more accountable for their actions football would be significantly more enjoyable and fair. But while fans like you applaud their every move it will only get worse.



Last edited by Natasha Whittam on Sun May 06 2018, 22:10; edited 1 time in total

13 Re: Let’s have a row on Sun May 06 2018, 22:00

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Natasha Whittam or any of the other soldiers of darkness.

That sounds like an ace name for a band.

14 Re: Let’s have a row on Sun May 06 2018, 22:15

Leeds_Trotter

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Can't stand another season of Parky hoofball. I'd get rid in the summer.

15 Re: Let’s have a row on Sun May 06 2018, 22:22

y2johnny


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
FFS

AGAIN

WE WON

ITS NOT SUNNY NOW BUT IT WAS

TOMORROW IS A BANK HOLIDAY

HAVE A BEER AND SHUT THE FUCK UP

16 Re: Let’s have a row on Sun May 06 2018, 22:34

Bolton Rebirth


Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:But all season booing the manager or board or players or whatever, and then being surprised at the performance going down by all and thinking it’s unrelated? Yep do that and convince yourself you’re a “great fan” but I’m not having it.


It's clueless fans like you that have contributed to the "God-like" status the modern footballer enjoys.

Sometimes players (all players, not just ours) are just crap, or not interested, or lazy. It isn't our job to applaud those players. You seem to be suggesting we should be applauding them off after poor performances? Are we at the point where players are beyond blame?

The modern footballer is paid like a king, but regardless of salary, it's his fucking job! It shouldn't matter what the people on the terraces are doing or saying. In the real world if people underperform they don't get a round of applause from their bosses, they get the fucking push.

If players were more accountable for their actions football would be significantly more enjoyable and fair. But while fans like you applaud their every move it will only get worse.

No you’re not understanding what I’m saying. If it’s gone wrong and we’ve played terribly as I’ll admit has often been the case for this (or several) seasons then fine, let loose. Where I draw the line is people seeing the team lineup before kickoff, seeing things they think is wrong and then booing the team after about 10-15 mins in - turning on them so soon usually at 0-0 can only cause problems don’t you agree? 

Today I saw none of that and if we start the game believing sometimes it actually results in the team trying more.

As for the “footballers are on too much” mantra we all know that, they’re all on too much no matter what league or situation. Not an excuse to give grief to your own team on its own though, abuse the opposition they’re undoubtedly earning more than our lot are.

17 Re: Let’s have a row on Sun May 06 2018, 22:35

Bolton Rebirth


Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:FFS

AGAIN

WE WON

ITS NOT SUNNY NOW BUT IT WAS

TOMORROW IS A BANK HOLIDAY

HAVE A BEER AND SHUT THE FUCK UP

Fair. Party on! Very Happy

18 Re: Let’s have a row on Sun May 06 2018, 22:37

Bolton Rebirth


Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Natasha Whittam or any of the other soldiers of darkness.

That sounds like an ace name for a band.

Like your thinking, which is rare so far.

19 Re: Let’s have a row on Sun May 06 2018, 22:54

y2johnny


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:FFS

AGAIN

WE WON

ITS NOT SUNNY NOW BUT IT WAS

TOMORROW IS A BANK HOLIDAY

HAVE A BEER AND SHUT THE FUCK UP

Fair. Party on! Very Happy
Wheats is

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

20 Re: Let’s have a row on Sun May 06 2018, 23:47

RustyNail


Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt
Anybody who thinks Parky should still go after getting us promoted and, against all the odds, keeping us up, after spending no money and twice having your best player sold, is a clueless fucker who does not understand the game of football.

I wouldn't necessarily say this makes you a shit fan, just a very stupid one.

I'll just remind you again. Thats no money spent, ZERO, ZILCH, not a fucking penny. Working with what in my opinion is by far the worst squad in my 25 years watching this team. If that is a poor manager you are a fucking idiot, end of.

21 Re: Let’s have a row on Mon May 07 2018, 00:09

T.R.O.Y


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Anybody who thinks Parky should still go after getting us promoted and, against all the odds, keeping us up, after spending no money and twice having your best player sold, is a clueless fucker who does not understand the game of football.

I wouldn't necessarily say this makes you a shit fan, just a very stupid one.

I'll just remind you again. Thats no money spent, ZERO, ZILCH, not a fucking penny. Working with what in my opinion is by far the worst squad in my 25 years watching this team. If that is a poor manager you are a fucking idiot, end of.

Correct.

22 Re: Let’s have a row on Mon May 07 2018, 01:21

Bolton Rebirth


Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel
Giving the manager credit? HEATHEN! Burn him at the stake!

23 Re: Let’s have a row on Mon May 07 2018, 08:08

Leeds_Trotter

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Let's no let yesterday cloud our judgement of Parky. We've had months a season of god awful tactics.

24 Re: Let’s have a row on Mon May 07 2018, 08:11

T.R.O.Y


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Let's no let yesterday cloud our judgement of Parky. We've had months a season of god awful tactics.

Is it not fair to say though:

1. Defensive tactics have kept us up and got us promoted.

2. Parky is our most successful manager since Big Sam.

3. He’s worked a miracle by achieving these things under an embargo.

Would sacking him make sense given the points above?

25 Re: Let’s have a row on Mon May 07 2018, 08:23

Leeds_Trotter

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Defensive tactics kept us up, are you having a laugh? His tactics almost got us relegated. Had Barnsley or Burton won, we would be down. We were 6 pts clear at one stage but Parky dropped the ball by going away to both Burton and Barnsley and selecting a poor team with poor tactics.

26 Re: Let’s have a row on Mon May 07 2018, 08:28

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Anybody who thinks Parky should still go after getting us promoted and, against all the odds, keeping us up, after spending no money and twice having your best player sold, is a clueless fucker who does not understand the game of football.

I wouldn't necessarily say this makes you a shit fan, just a very stupid one.

I'll just remind you again. Thats no money spent, ZERO, ZILCH, not a fucking penny. Working with what in my opinion is by far the worst squad in my 25 years watching this team. If that is a poor manager you are a fucking idiot, end of.

Again, if you'd posted this after the Burton defeat it would have carried more weight.

But you're basing a whole season on 5 crazy minutes. If Bolton hadn't recovered from being 2-1 down yesterday we'd have lost 7 of our last 8 games - would you (or anyone) been on here saying Parky has done a great job?

WOULD YOU FUCK.

The truth is I don't remember a single person saying Parky must be manager next season after the Burton defeat. Now everything has changed? Get a grip. Decisions are made based on the evidence from a whole season, not from 5 minutes of do-or-die football.

27 Re: Let’s have a row on Mon May 07 2018, 08:34

T.R.O.Y


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Defensive tactics kept us up, are you having a laugh? His tactics almost got us relegated. Had Barnsley or Burton won, we would be down. We were 6 pts clear at one stage but Parky dropped the ball by going away to both Burton and Barnsley and selecting a poor team with poor tactics.

Aside from yesterday, every point was earned through defensive tactics, containing the opposition and nicking the odd goal - much like last season.

Can you honestly say otherwise?

28 Re: Let’s have a row on Mon May 07 2018, 08:36

Leeds_Trotter

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Defensive tactics kept us up, are you having a laugh? His tactics almost got us relegated. Had Barnsley or Burton won, we would be down. We were 6 pts clear at one stage but Parky dropped the ball by going away to both Burton and Barnsley and selecting a poor team with poor tactics.

Aside from yesterday, every point was earned through defensive tactics, containing the opposition and nicking the odd goal - much like last season.

Can you honestly say otherwise?
If we put yesterday aside like you are saying, we'd be down. Simple as that.

29 Re: Let’s have a row on Mon May 07 2018, 08:40

T.R.O.Y


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
One game doesn’t change the fact our promotion and survival have largely been based on defensive tactics, not sure how anyone can argue that point.

30 Re: Let’s have a row on Mon May 07 2018, 08:43

Leeds_Trotter

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:One game doesn’t change the fact our promotion and survival have largely been based on defensive tactics, not sure how anyone can argue that point.
It hasn't. Survival has been based on luck and relying on other teams to do us favours.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum