Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

So, where do we go from here?

+5
boltonbonce
NickFazer
Bollotom2014
Sluffy
Leeds_Trotter
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1So, where do we go from here? Empty So, where do we go from here? Sun May 06 2018, 22:22

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The title say it all really, after just scraping over the finish line and retaining our championship status where do we go from here?

We have a lot of big decisions to make over the summer.

Should Parky keep his job? Who should we offer new contracts to and who should we let go?

The answers to these questions could change, depending on if Ken secures some sort of investment, or if he finds a buyer for the club.

I've a feeling, this summer is going to be interesting.

2So, where do we go from here? Empty Re: So, where do we go from here? Sun May 06 2018, 23:11

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

It will all revolve around money as usual.

If the club isn't sold during the summer - Nixon texting today that some Saudis are interested - then Anderson will need to sort out the BluMarble loan which falls due in November.

Whatever money he has left will fund whatever sort of team we can afford to have.

I can't see him wanting or needing to get rid of Parkinson who has done brilliantly for him - a new owner would probably want to bring in his own manager if the club ever did get sold.

As for players, Alnwick, our player of the year, according to some from Wways is off, so if that is true we may end up with Amos returning and our youngster Turner as back up - or visa versa.

Out of all the loanees, the only one I'd keep would be Robinson (I don't know if is contract is up at Everton, or if we could perhaps loan him again?).

If we can't find anybody better than Henry - is Kirchoff to high risk(?) then perhaps have him back - but I do wonder if at his age he can last another full season.

One idea from left field is if we are going to again set up like we did the season just gone and play all out to a big striker - then how about seeing if we can get Madine back on loan?

I'd let Beevers and Wheater go - there must be better defenders out there we could sign surely?

Maybe even getting Pratley back on much reduced terms for another season.

I'd like to keep Alf too but would he be a luxury if we went all in for a big target man striker, like the first half of last season?

EDIT - just realised that Alf is contracted for next year anyway.

Last edited by Sluffy on Sun May 06 2018, 23:55; edited 1 time in total

3So, where do we go from here? Empty Re: So, where do we go from here? Sun May 06 2018, 23:28

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I was surprised that Hall didn't feature in the last U23 game and someone allegedly ITK said he would be in the team against Forest. Obviously he wasn't so I'm wondering if he's on the cards for selling and making us a few bob. Be difficult deciding who to let go and who to keep but we'll need a good goal scorer or two if we are to avoid a season similar to this. Need some investment too, though from who is anyone's guess.

4So, where do we go from here? Empty Re: So, where do we go from here? Mon May 07 2018, 08:32

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Needs a complete overhaul and whoever is in charge we desperately need some pace in the team, we get opened up far too easily and carry little threat on the counter.

5So, where do we go from here? Empty Re: So, where do we go from here? Mon May 07 2018, 08:47

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll be happy if I'm still alive at the start of next season. I almost left the Macron in a box.

Mind you,I'd have been the happiest looking corpse you've ever seen.

Where do we go from here? Down the paper shop mate,followed by a trip to the 'wipe a stupid grin off your face' removal shop. I can't look like this forever.

Happy Bank Holiday Monday.

6So, where do we go from here? Empty Re: So, where do we go from here? Mon May 07 2018, 09:48

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Someone asked Nixon if there was any news about a takeover and he replied people in the club expect it to happen.

7So, where do we go from here? Empty Re: So, where do we go from here? Mon May 07 2018, 09:52

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:I'll be happy if I'm still alive at the start of next season. I almost left the Macron in a box.

Mind you,I'd have been the happiest looking corpse you've ever seen.

Where do we go from here? Down the paper shop mate,followed by a trip to the 'wipe a stupid grin off your face' removal shop. I can't look like this forever.

Happy Bank Holiday Monday.
Laughing

8So, where do we go from here? Empty Re: So, where do we go from here? Mon May 07 2018, 12:00

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We've been told for a decade that we have a world class academy that will start to "bear fruit" soon.

Without any players stepping up and no money to invest in established players we will be in the bottom 6/league one for the rest of time.

9So, where do we go from here? Empty Re: So, where do we go from here? Mon May 07 2018, 12:07

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Shut up you moaning buggers. Give some of us a chance to savour salvation. We can start arguing tomorrow if you like,but for today,I'm not listening. Grab an ice cream and get out in the sun.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

10So, where do we go from here? Empty Re: So, where do we go from here? Mon May 07 2018, 12:29

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We can't keep selling our better young players especially the likes of Connor Hall who scores lots of goals, so I hope we don't continue down that road.
Sluffy is right about the money being the key factor and I can't see Anderson paying out to replace Parky so I reckon he'll stay.
However, if Anderson isn't too greedy and manages to sell the club whilst we're in the Championship it's a different ballgame and there could be significant changes so I think it will be difficult to speculate until we see how that turns out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum