Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » BEHIND ENEMY LINES - STAYING UP SPECIAL

BEHIND ENEMY LINES - STAYING UP SPECIAL

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

31 Re: BEHIND ENEMY LINES - STAYING UP SPECIAL on Tue May 08 2018, 21:19

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

32 Re: BEHIND ENEMY LINES - STAYING UP SPECIAL on Tue May 08 2018, 21:22

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Very Happy

33 Re: BEHIND ENEMY LINES - STAYING UP SPECIAL on Tue May 08 2018, 21:25

Sluffy

Admin
Natasha Whittam wrote::facepalm:

Very Happy

I prefer to be honest and open with people.

We all know about the other forums and we prefer to post on Nuts, so why not let others make their minds up about which forum suits them the best too?

We are all grown ups following the same team anyway!

34 Re: BEHIND ENEMY LINES - STAYING UP SPECIAL on Tue May 08 2018, 21:26

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
It's 1976 and Sluffy and future Mrs Sluffy are sat in McDonalds.

Sluffy: Will you marry me future Mrs Sluffy?

Future Mrs Sluffy: It's a tough one, but you know how much I love your 'I told you so' rants and all round condescension.

Sluffy: Well, before you make your mind up, I think it's only fair you consider Bert from no 56 as he has all his own hair and teeth. And Trevor at number 41 has a 12 inch todger, and don't forget Roger at number 38, he keeps all his toenails in a scrapbook.

Future Mrs Sluffy: You're not making this easy darling....

35 Re: BEHIND ENEMY LINES - STAYING UP SPECIAL on Tue May 08 2018, 21:50

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Natasha Whittam wrote:It's 1976 and Sluffy and future Mrs Sluffy are sat in McDonalds.

Future Mrs Sluffy: It's a tough one, but you know how much I love your 'I told you so' rants and all round condescension.

Sluffy: Well, before you make your mind up, I think it's only fair you consider Bert from no 56 as he has all his own hair and teeth. And Trevor at number 41 has a 12 inch todger, and don't forget Roger at number 38, he keeps all his toenails in a scrapbook.

I can’t believe any of that as Sluffy comes across more as a pie and chips man.

36 Re: BEHIND ENEMY LINES - STAYING UP SPECIAL on Tue May 08 2018, 21:54

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I think I knew Roger at number 38.

37 Re: BEHIND ENEMY LINES - STAYING UP SPECIAL on Tue May 08 2018, 22:09

Sluffy

Admin
Natasha Whittam wrote:It's 1976 and Sluffy and future Mrs Sluffy are sat in McDonalds.

How hard is it to google 'BWFC forums'?

Christ from time to time I even post a link myself to Wanderers Ways here on Nuts, if it's something they've got a scoop on.

People aren't stupid and shouldn't be treated as such in my opinion.

We are as good as any other BWFC forum and better than most (all in my opinion) - that's why we are busy and nearly all of the others aren't!

For us to continue to be successful we've got to be better than the other forums and by showing people that they exist and allow them to compare us to them, they can make their own minds up where to post.

Surely that's got to be better than some of the other sites who refuse to acknowledge on their forums that we at Nuts even exist for fear of losing their few remaining posters to us?

We don't wish to and have never controlled what posters are allowed to know here on Nuts.

38 Re: BEHIND ENEMY LINES - STAYING UP SPECIAL on Tue May 08 2018, 22:17

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
It was a joke sluffy, calm down.

39 Re: BEHIND ENEMY LINES - STAYING UP SPECIAL on Tue May 08 2018, 22:45

Sluffy

Admin
Natasha Whittam wrote:It was a joke sluffy, calm down.

Oh, ok.

You got me!

Very Happy

Thought I'd post up some stats for you on your 'BEL' special.

On Wanderers Ways where I posted a link, there have been 1,336 views and 22 replies so far and the main tweet which I asked Iles, LoV and Lee Anderson to retweet (which they all did - thank you, appreciated) and Jack Dearden (who didn't - boo!) there has been 1,079 individual clicks on the link to your article (the wways views are probably made up of a smaller number of people clicking on the thread a number of times to read what other people have posted) 44 retweets and 20 replies - so far!

A phenomenal response and worthy of all the hard work and humour you put into your 'special' and for which we are all indebted to you for.

Thank you.

Link to ww thread -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

40 Re: BEHIND ENEMY LINES - STAYING UP SPECIAL on Wed May 09 2018, 06:11

Chairmanda

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Exceptional work, Nat, thank you

41 Re: BEHIND ENEMY LINES - STAYING UP SPECIAL on Wed May 09 2018, 08:14

finlaymcdanger

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Sluffy, how many new member sign ups on the back of all these views?

42 Re: BEHIND ENEMY LINES - STAYING UP SPECIAL on Wed May 09 2018, 11:44

Sluffy

Admin
finlaymcdanger wrote:Sluffy, how many new member sign ups on the back of all these views?

Only one for definite, Tungstan3, although a second person also joined yesterday but has not posted yet - Johnny Kongre.

The main link on twitter has now led to 1,150 people clicking it with only 22 new people bothering to follow us on twitter.

I think it is a shame that a vast number of people clearly all with a common interest (and somewhat similar humour judging from the response and retweets) aren't bothered enough to gather together on a more permanent platform (a forum) than twitter (tweet and go, rather than stay and talk) to share news, views, opinions and a few laughs together.

43 Re: BEHIND ENEMY LINES - STAYING UP SPECIAL on Wed May 09 2018, 13:05

y2johnny

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
Unfortunately its a sign of the times.  There is that much to see and do, technogy wise, social media etc, everyone is after quick news in brief and therefore attain the attention span of a gnat.  

Its also why there is so much fake news and people believing everything they see or read.

44 Re: BEHIND ENEMY LINES - STAYING UP SPECIAL on Wed May 09 2018, 13:54

Norpig

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
If Nat's BEL isn't pulling in the punters it will have to be plan B, Nat start flashing the flesh (this may work the other way and close the site down completely)

45 Re: BEHIND ENEMY LINES - STAYING UP SPECIAL on Wed May 09 2018, 14:16

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Norpig wrote:If Nat's BEL isn't pulling in the punters it will have to be plan B, Nat start flashing the flesh (this may work the other way and close the site down completely)
I’ve only just got over Nat posting a picture of her wonky tits last time (No nightmares of them now thank god!) and I would like to keep my lunch down. 

So that’s a no from me.

Nat! Keep your clothes on! Very Happy

46 Re: BEHIND ENEMY LINES - STAYING UP SPECIAL on Wed May 09 2018, 14:23

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Making a big deal of visitors signing up is pretty off-putting. The best way to recruit people is respect their right to express their opinions and stamp out the abusiveness that permeates the majority of threads.
Having just jammed our way into another season in the Championship we should be joyous and relieved in equal measure, but already the bickering has started and a lot of folk can't be arsed to deal with that so it's no surprise they aren't forming an orderly queue to register.

47 Re: BEHIND ENEMY LINES - STAYING UP SPECIAL on Wed May 09 2018, 14:23

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Getting tired of being the site totty, and giving you all wet dreams every night.

It's time someone else stepped up. Chairmanda? Martin?

48 Re: BEHIND ENEMY LINES - STAYING UP SPECIAL on Wed May 09 2018, 14:24

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
wanderlust wrote:Making a big deal of visitors signing up is pretty off-putting. The best way to recruit people is respect their right to express their opinions and stamp out the abusiveness that permeates the majority of threads.
Having just jammed our way into another season in the Championship we should be joyous and relieved in equal measure, but already the bickering has started and a lot of folk can't be arsed to deal with that so it's no surprise they aren't forming an orderly queue to register.

You bellend, this site was at its busiest when everyone hated each other and there was a fight on a daily basis.

You've all gone soft.

49 Re: BEHIND ENEMY LINES - STAYING UP SPECIAL on Wed May 09 2018, 14:30

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Making a big deal of visitors signing up is pretty off-putting. The best way to recruit people is respect their right to express their opinions and stamp out the abusiveness that permeates the majority of threads.

You bellend, this site was at its busiest when everyone hated each other and there was a fight on a daily basis.

You've all gone soft.
Now the "metoo" movement has gone too far.

50 Re: BEHIND ENEMY LINES - STAYING UP SPECIAL on Wed May 09 2018, 14:39

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Natasha Whittam wrote:Getting tired of being the site totty, and giving you all wet dreams every night.

Cometh the hour.......pity you can't see my slippers.

51 Re: BEHIND ENEMY LINES - STAYING UP SPECIAL on Wed May 09 2018, 14:39

Norpig

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
You can't have a forum where everyone is nice to each other though can you? Imagine this......

MartinBWFC - I fucking hate Parky, sack him now, in fact string him up and put him in stocks on the town hall steps

Sluffy - Now that's a little strong but i appreciate your point of view, what kind of rotten fruit are we going to use?

52 Re: BEHIND ENEMY LINES - STAYING UP SPECIAL on Wed May 09 2018, 14:40

Norpig

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
boltonbonce wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Getting tired of being the site totty, and giving you all wet dreams every night.

Cometh the hour.......pity you can't see my slippers.

you look well for a man of 65 Boncey  Very Happy

53 Re: BEHIND ENEMY LINES - STAYING UP SPECIAL on Wed May 09 2018, 14:41

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Norpig wrote:You can't have a forum where everyone is nice to each other though can you? Imagine this......

MartinBWFC - I fucking hate Parky, sack him now, in fact string him up and put him in stocks on the town hall steps

Sluffy - Now that's a little strong but i appreciate your point of view, what kind of rotten fruit are we going to use?
He'd also point out that rotten fruit isn't the only missile on the market.

54 Re: BEHIND ENEMY LINES - STAYING UP SPECIAL on Wed May 09 2018, 14:45

T.R.O.Y

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Would anyone seriously by reading other posters call each other nobheads over the Internet? I seriously doubt it, pretty light stuff overall.

55 Re: BEHIND ENEMY LINES - STAYING UP SPECIAL on Wed May 09 2018, 15:12

Sluffy

Admin

As per usual you have no idea whatsoever what you are talking about.

Look at for instance The Wanderer forum, which has been going for much longer than Nuts and doesn't tolerate abuse and is open to all sorts of views.

It is dead on its feet.

And has been for quite a period of time now.  Indeed I even attempted to float an idea with their sites owner about exploring the possibility some mutually beneficial merger of our sites well over a year ago (because it had become so moribund) but didn't even receive the courtesy of a reply - although I knew he received it!

The site allows a seventy odd year old bloke to listen to the match commentary on the radio and type out in longhand what is happening. Some of its few remaining posters even use this as their only means of following the match - just because the site doesn't want them to know about Nuts and Radio Nuts - even though the site owner himself has listened to the match commentaries on here!

How utterly petty of him/them is that?

How the hell could any BWFC supporter do that to fellow whites in an attempt to stop them from letting them know that another site giving away free match commentary, exists?

So is it any wonder that this 'goody two shoes' forum is at deaths door, whilst our so called 'bickering' and 'abusive' forum still marches on?

The simple truth is that forums are a niche market in the world of social media and many people including Marc Iles who once described Nuts and Wanderers Ways in tweet as so 2006ish and full of know it all's - see us as the past.

Maybe we are but whilst there are enough of us enjoying ourselves posting on here we will carry on.

Thanks to Natasha's BEL special at least 1,500 Wanderers fans have been reminded/become aware, that we exist and for what it is worth our visitor numbers of about 60 per hour have been twice as much as they were before we tweeted the 'special'.  Maybe one or two might like to join in with us by registering and becoming a member and then posting, but only time will tell.

At least though we aren't a boring forum!

Last edited by Sluffy on Wed May 09 2018, 20:39; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)

56 Re: BEHIND ENEMY LINES - STAYING UP SPECIAL on Wed May 09 2018, 15:19

Norpig

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Sluffy constantly baiting Lusty is why i come back every day  Laughing

57 Re: BEHIND ENEMY LINES - STAYING UP SPECIAL on Wed May 09 2018, 15:59

Sluffy

Admin
Norpig wrote:Sluffy constantly baiting Lusty is why i come back every day  Laughing

Mate, if he talked even a modicum of sense every so often I wouldn't have to bother to correct him all the time.

I'm not claiming I'm a forum genius or anything but I've been a mod or site owner on at least four forums over the last decade and even turned down an approach to be a paid mod on a private sports site and like to think I've picked up a few pointers over that time as what works on forums and what doesn't.

If forums were easy to attract and keep posters, then there would be loads of them knocking about still but most people are happy to take from a forum (view them and maybe even repeat what they see via twitter or even post them on other forums) but not give anything back (in terms of joining in and posting).

If Wanderlust honestly believes abuse free social media is the way forward then he's very much on his own I suspect - yet he still knows better than those who have managed our best to keep our site going for the enjoyment of us all for the last six years whilst forums like Bolton Banter, Burnden Aces, the Mavies forum have died and others like The Wanderer and JA606 are on their last legs!

Last edited by Sluffy on Wed May 09 2018, 16:01; edited 1 time in total

58 Re: BEHIND ENEMY LINES - STAYING UP SPECIAL on Wed May 09 2018, 16:00

Bolton Rebirth

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel
Anyway back on topic, really enjoyed reading though them! The final Barnsley fan has just put the sugar on the cherry on the icing on the cake. Special day and made even more splendid when you realise just how many people we have pissed off by pulling this off.

59 Re: BEHIND ENEMY LINES - STAYING UP SPECIAL on Wed May 09 2018, 16:01

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Bolton Rebirth wrote:Anyway back on topic, really enjoyed reading though them! The final Barnsley fan has just put the sugar on the cherry on the icing on the cake. Special day and made even more splendid when you realise just how many people we have pissed off by pulling this off.

I'm currently recruiting for the Soldiers of Darkness. Are you interested in crossing over to the darkside?

60 Re: BEHIND ENEMY LINES - STAYING UP SPECIAL on Wed May 09 2018, 16:20

Bolton Rebirth

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel
Every bad guy needs a good guy to row with otherwise the universe tips on its side.

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum