Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » The World Cup 2018 » World Cup Competitions » World Cup 2018 Sweep Stake

World Cup 2018 Sweep Stake

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

31 Re: World Cup 2018 Sweep Stake on Thu Jun 07 2018, 21:39

y2johnny


Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
boltonbonce wrote:Johnny paid my sub for me.  cheers I'm filling up.

What a fine,upstanding young man. 
I wouldnt go that far Very Happy

32 Re: World Cup 2018 Sweep Stake on Thu Jun 07 2018, 21:50

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I would. You know what I've done with Breadman. Cool

33 Re: World Cup 2018 Sweep Stake on Thu Jun 07 2018, 21:51

y2johnny


Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
boltonbonce wrote:I would. You know what I've done with Breadman. Cool
:rofl:

34 Re: World Cup 2018 Sweep Stake on Fri Jun 08 2018, 22:46

BoltonTillIDie

avatar
John McGinlay
John McGinlay
Right guys if anyone wants to purchase any additional teams then please do so.

35 Re: World Cup 2018 Sweep Stake on Sat Jun 09 2018, 10:54

Boggersbelief

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
BoltonTillIDie wrote:Right guys if anyone wants to purchase any additional teams then please do so.

How’s this working? Have the teams been allocated yet? I don’t want to pay in and be given Saudi Arabia

36 Re: World Cup 2018 Sweep Stake on Sat Jun 09 2018, 11:02

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
The Nuts mods will probably do a "random" draw where sluffy will get Germany, KP will get France and BTID Brazil.

37 Re: World Cup 2018 Sweep Stake on Sat Jun 09 2018, 12:05

BoltonTillIDie

avatar
John McGinlay
John McGinlay
Boggersbelief wrote:
BoltonTillIDie wrote:Right guys if anyone wants to purchase any additional teams then please do so.

How’s this working? Have the teams been allocated yet? I don’t want to pay in and be given Saudi Arabia
No teams have been allocated, see my original post for details

38 Re: World Cup 2018 Sweep Stake on Sat Jun 09 2018, 12:38

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
Boggersbelief wrote:
BoltonTillIDie wrote:Right guys if anyone wants to purchase any additional teams then please do so.

How’s this working? Have the teams been allocated yet? I don’t want to pay in and be given Saudi Arabia

No, we won't do the draw until everybody has put in for the number of teams they want in the draw.

Hopefully that will cover all the 32 teams but if it doesn't before the big kick off starts, I will buy up any teams that are left (in the name of the site) so that the competition can go ahead.

Only then will teams be allocated to people.

In the past iirc BTID has found some random number generator app, that he links up to on the forum and uses it to allocate teams to people.

He does this by first listing out the list of the people involved (and the number of teams they want0 - from 1 to 32, and similarly the list of the 32 teams involved alphabetical order. (I think in the past he even allowed people to state what number they wanted to be in the draw although I might be making that up?).

Then at a specified time he will start the random number generator and we call all watch it allocate the numbers from 1 to 32 in a random order - and whoever is named number one in the people list will get the team corresponding to the first number from the random generator and so on.

This might sound really complicated but it is not - and people can see for themselves that nobody is cheating.

I would suspect also, the nearer to the start of the competition the more teams people can buy.  We've had to start with one team per person simply to allow everyone a fair chance to participate if they wanted to but in reality we all knew we were never going to get 32 individuals joining in.

It's all a bit of fun, it's only a couple of quid a team and at the end of the day it isn't a fortune that anyone will be winning but it does make the World Cup a little bit more interesting to watch whilst your team/teams are still in it.

And who knows there might be an upset winner - Germany only just beat Saudi Arabia the other night and Costa Rica were only prevented from making the semis in the last World Cup by a penalty shoot out!

39 Re: World Cup 2018 Sweep Stake on Sat Jun 09 2018, 15:57

BoltonTillIDie

avatar
John McGinlay
John McGinlay
Peter has purchased 5 entries (Woo hoo) so now we have 12 teams purchased with 20 teams remaining.

40 Re: World Cup 2018 Sweep Stake on Sat Jun 09 2018, 16:23

BoltonTillIDie

avatar
John McGinlay
John McGinlay
I have found an easier way to do the random draw - I'll simply use this site after entering all the names in.

http://www.sweepstakegenerator.com/free-russia-world-cup-2018-sweepstake

I will stream this so you can see it happening

41 Re: World Cup 2018 Sweep Stake on Sat Jun 09 2018, 19:14

Growler


David Lee
David Lee
If not all 32 are sold maybe don't include some of the minnows  that can't win the trophy in the bottom 2  pots

42 Re: World Cup 2018 Sweep Stake on Sun Jun 10 2018, 13:29

gloswhite

avatar
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
BTID, I'll have 5, and I've sent you the dosh,

Thanks,

43 Re: World Cup 2018 Sweep Stake on Sun Jun 10 2018, 14:57

BoltonTillIDie

avatar
John McGinlay
John McGinlay
Received from Glos - Thanks! Will update original post

44 Re: World Cup 2018 Sweep Stake on Sun Jun 10 2018, 17:07

NickFazer

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
I will take 3 more will send payment now

45 Re: World Cup 2018 Sweep Stake on Sun Jun 10 2018, 17:24

luckyPeterpiper

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
BTID how many are sold? By my reckoning if Nick and Glos bought 8 between them that makes 20 doesn't it? I'd like one more myself because Hannah wants one and six entries makes one for each member of my family.

46 Re: World Cup 2018 Sweep Stake on Sun Jun 10 2018, 17:27

DEANO82


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
I sent payment for 3 teams. Forgot to include my username.

47 Re: World Cup 2018 Sweep Stake on Sun Jun 10 2018, 17:34

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
luckyPeterpiper wrote:BTID how many are sold? By my reckoning if Nick and Glos bought 8 between them that makes 20 doesn't it? I'd like one more myself because Hannah wants one and six entries makes one for each member of my family.

I read it that BTID was saying there was 20 teams remaining after you bought your teams - so you can still get yourself an extra one if you would like to before they all go.

48 Re: World Cup 2018 Sweep Stake on Sun Jun 10 2018, 17:52

luckyPeterpiper

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Sluffy wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:BTID how many are sold? By my reckoning if Nick and Glos bought 8 between them that makes 20 doesn't it? I'd like one more myself because Hannah wants one and six entries makes one for each member of my family.

I read it that BTID was saying there was 20 teams remaining after you bought your teams - so you can still get yourself an extra one if you would like to before they all go.

Yeah but since then Glos and Nick have bought eight to make twenty if I'm right and Deano says he got three but forgot his username so it could be twenty three already. I'd like to buy one more but not if it stops someone else who's not had a go yet from getting one mate.

49 Re: World Cup 2018 Sweep Stake on Sun Jun 10 2018, 18:13

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:BTID how many are sold? By my reckoning if Nick and Glos bought 8 between them that makes 20 doesn't it? I'd like one more myself because Hannah wants one and six entries makes one for each member of my family.

I read it that BTID was saying there was 20 teams remaining after you bought your teams - so you can still get yourself an extra one if you would like to before they all go.

Yeah but since then Glos and Nick have bought eight to make twenty if I'm right and Deano says he got three but forgot his username so it could be twenty three already. I'd like to buy one more but not if it stops someone else who's not had a go yet from getting one mate.

There are 32 World Cup teams to be drawn Peter.

If you look at updated post 22, it shows that with your 5 teams purchased we had sold just 12 of them, leaving 20 available.

As you say since then a further 11 have gone thus leaving nine.

So there are still plenty teams available for anyone who wants them.

That how I understand things anyway.

50 Re: World Cup 2018 Sweep Stake on Sun Jun 10 2018, 18:14

luckyPeterpiper

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Thanks mate. Sending BTID the money for one more now.

51 Re: World Cup 2018 Sweep Stake on Sun Jun 10 2018, 18:19

luckyPeterpiper

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Done Smile

52 Re: World Cup 2018 Sweep Stake on Sun Jun 10 2018, 19:01

BoltonTillIDie

avatar
John McGinlay
John McGinlay
Just 7 teams left - I've purchased another one as well.

53 Re: World Cup 2018 Sweep Stake on Mon Jun 11 2018, 10:40

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I sent the dosh for 3 i.e. £6.
Hoping for Tibet, Burkina Faso and the Cayman Islands but will probably get stuck with Brazil, Germany and Belgium.

54 Re: World Cup 2018 Sweep Stake on Mon Jun 11 2018, 11:03

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
wanderlust wrote:I sent the dosh for 3 i.e. £6.
Hoping for Tibet, Burkina Faso and the Cayman Islands but will probably get stuck with Brazil, Germany and Belgium.

I'll be personally delighted to arrange for you to be given the three teams you are hoping for and let others get lumbered with Brazil and the others.

No need to thank me.



55 Re: World Cup 2018 Sweep Stake on Mon Jun 11 2018, 11:05

Leeds_Trotter

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I'm getting another 2 this afternoon, just waiting on some money to clear. 

56 Re: World Cup 2018 Sweep Stake on Mon Jun 11 2018, 11:10

Growler


David Lee
David Lee
I have sent £4 for 2 more.Think this means all teams are taken if Leeds Trotter takes the last 2

57 Re: World Cup 2018 Sweep Stake on Mon Jun 11 2018, 11:22

BoltonTillIDie

avatar
John McGinlay
John McGinlay
Yes there’s 2 more left at the moment

58 Re: World Cup 2018 Sweep Stake on Mon Jun 11 2018, 11:23

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
If we become over subscribed - and people still want to play - we will run a second competition.

It would seem very unlikely that we would sell another 32 teams so if we don't we will allocate the teams on a pro rata basis to the amount of payments received.

So say for example we end up with people wanting 40 teams in total, the first 32 purchases go into one competition (and they receive a team for each £2 they have paid) and the remaining 8 purchases go into a second competition and receive 4 teams each (32 teams in draw divided by 8 payments of £2).

The prize money for the second competition will be pro-rata to what we end up receiving (rounded up/down to the nearest pound/50p).


So if you still want to play (or even already playing but want to be in the second competition as well) then please submit your £2's for further teams!

Very Happy



Last edited by Sluffy on Mon Jun 11 2018, 11:25; edited 1 time in total

59 Re: World Cup 2018 Sweep Stake on Mon Jun 11 2018, 11:23

Leeds_Trotter

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
All sent, 3 teams in total.

60 Re: World Cup 2018 Sweep Stake on Mon Jun 11 2018, 11:24

BoltonTillIDie

avatar
John McGinlay
John McGinlay
Final 2 teams have now been purchased

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum