Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"A dream come true" - Adam Le Fondre still buzzing over Wanderers' escape

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

ADAM Le Fondre described his substitute salvo against Nottingham Forest on the final day of the season as a "dream come true".
The Wanderers striker came off the bench with the score at 0-0 to score the opening goal at the Macron Stadium, and then create the two decisive efforts for David Wheater and Aaron Wilbraham.
He finished the campaign as Bolton's top scorer, with seven goals, but was happy to share top billing with his team-mates on a memorable day.
“I always had belief in the team and myself that we would get the victory we needed against Nottingham Forest – I always love to be a hero, but I’m absolutely buzzing for both Alby and Wheats too that they managed to get their goals," he told the club.

“I actually said to Wheats prior to the game that I felt as though he was going to nick a goal because he was definitely due one.
“For me to come off the bench though, score one and set-up two, it’s a dream come true."
For Wanderers to hit back with two goals in the final three minutes and snatch a place in next season's Championship was unexpected, to say the least, even among the players on the pitch.
"I’ve previously been involved in games similar to the one against Forest with that kind of pressure, but our comeback came out of nothing really," Le Fondre said.
"It wasn’t as though our goals came from sustained pressure – it was just great play, we were rewarded for our determination and it's a day we'll never forget.”

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/16234346._quot_A_dream_come_true_quot__-_Le_Fondre_still_buzzing_over_Wanderers__39__escape/?ref=mrb&lp=5

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Everyone knows i love ALF but he was the real hero behind us staying up, he should have started the game really.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Everyone knows i love ALF but he was the real hero behind us staying up, he should have started the game really.
Might not have had the same outcome. Sometimes things happen for a reason. It was a game we'll never forget.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum