Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jloyd Samuel - Just Giving

+5
Norpig
Sluffy
Bollotom2014
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Jloyd Samuel - Just Giving Empty Jloyd Samuel - Just Giving Mon May 21 2018, 17:25

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fabrice Muamba has posted this tweet today:

Now its very sad that a young man has died leaving behinf his kids and family, but I find it very strange for an ex-footballer's family, who has only recently retired from playing to be asking for Joe Public to provide assistance for funeral costs. Surely he earnt more in 1 years work than any of us could ever dream of earning.

What are your thoughts?

The just giving page is here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Jloyd Samuel - Just Giving Empty Re: Jloyd Samuel - Just Giving Mon May 21 2018, 17:42

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is that genuine? It reads too much like a begging letter.

The guy earned a top wage for many years, probably has a massive pension pot, not to mention life insurance.

I would be amazed if that was real.

3Jloyd Samuel - Just Giving Empty Re: Jloyd Samuel - Just Giving Mon May 21 2018, 17:52

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

A target of just £15000. And some confusion by Emma Samuel.

Quote "The donation referenced as Emma Samuel was actually done by Shauna Muamba from Emma’s account. Sorry for any confusion xxx"

So who is Emma Samuel and what is her relationship with the Muambas. Might be worth Twittering Fabrice.

While it's a very sad occasion there has to be a reason for this fundraising effort and I can't believe it was because he was broke. I'll wait and see

4Jloyd Samuel - Just Giving Empty Re: Jloyd Samuel - Just Giving Mon May 21 2018, 18:19

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bollotom2014 wrote:A target of just £15000. And some confusion by  [size=16]Emma Samuel.

Quote "The donation referenced as Emma Samuel was actually done by Shauna Muamba from Emma’s account. Sorry for any confusion xxx"

So who is Emma Samuel and what is her relationship with the Muambas. Might be worth Twittering Fabrice.

While it's a very sad occasion there has to be a reason for this fundraising effort and I can't believe it was because he was broke. I'll wait and see

His wife's name is Emma.

If genuine it sounds to me that Mrs Muamba is trying to help out but I think she's going about it the wrong way.

Even if the Samuel's are hard up - difficult to believe they are as Jlloyd was working up to his death - then the PFA would simply step in and help them out financially.

I certainly will be steering well clear of the appeal.

5Jloyd Samuel - Just Giving Empty Re: Jloyd Samuel - Just Giving Tue May 22 2018, 08:39

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He can't have been that broke surely? I remember his house being up for sale in Cheshire a few years ago and it was up for well over a million pounds. Very sad he's died but this seems very odd

6Jloyd Samuel - Just Giving Empty Re: Jloyd Samuel - Just Giving Tue May 22 2018, 11:03

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is likely to stir up the kind of attention the family really don't need.

7Jloyd Samuel - Just Giving Empty Re: Jloyd Samuel - Just Giving Tue May 22 2018, 15:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Seems to have been removed now. Whoever was running it got £1300 though.

8Jloyd Samuel - Just Giving Empty Re: Jloyd Samuel - Just Giving Tue May 22 2018, 15:48

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If that's a scam then that is very low indeed, some people have no shame  Rolling Eyes

9Jloyd Samuel - Just Giving Empty Re: Jloyd Samuel - Just Giving Tue May 22 2018, 16:42

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:If that's a scam then that is very low indeed, some people have no shame  Rolling Eyes

Today’s society don’t give a shit mate.

10Jloyd Samuel - Just Giving Empty Re: Jloyd Samuel - Just Giving Mon Mar 06 2023, 16:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't know if anyone caught that Jlloyd Samuel documentary last night on ITV (it may have been a repeat) but bloody hell, what a bonkers few years he had as a footballer.

Watch it if you get chance.

11Jloyd Samuel - Just Giving Empty Re: Jloyd Samuel - Just Giving Mon Mar 06 2023, 17:41

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:I don't know if anyone caught that Jlloyd Samuel documentary last night on ITV (it may have been a repeat) but bloody hell, what a bonkers few years he had as a footballer.

Watch it if you get chance.

It's on ITVplayer -

The Footballer, His Wife & The Crash

12Jloyd Samuel - Just Giving Empty Re: Jloyd Samuel - Just Giving Mon Mar 06 2023, 18:24

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I haven’t had time see it yet but I have recorded it.

13Jloyd Samuel - Just Giving Empty Re: Jloyd Samuel - Just Giving Mon Mar 06 2023, 22:21

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bit of a strange tale was that.

SPOILER ALERT - skip this post if you haven't seen the programme first.

I did think at the time that Iran was a very odd place to play your football, I mean how many other professional players from the UK have you ever known to play there?

And he was there for 5 years too!

And his wife and kids didn't go with him.

And he was a 'footballer' who clearly liked to 'party'!!!

His death was odd too, do cars really burn themselves out that much, I don't know?

I don't know too much about cars but I would have thought from his lifestyle that it was some top of the range type vehicle, surely they are designed not to burn out completely as this one did?

I've complete confidence in the Coroners Inquiry and police reports, so I don't doubt that Jlloyd was the body in the car.

The timing is also very odd, seems he really was planning to see his other woman on that very day - and that he had plundered his bank account to have money in his pocket to do whatever it was he intended to do.

I wonder if he simply had a split second realisation that he'd dug a hole too big for him to climb out off and decide to smash head first into the next vehicle he saw, just to put an end to it all?

I can't say I'm sorry for him, I feel more sorry for those he left behind - and most of them don't seem to be the most decent people you would ever wish to meet either.

A shout out to that kids footy team he was in though - they must have won everything with four future England players, playing for them!

If anyone is interested that club - Senrab FC - had a load more internationals and well known players,  play for them over the years as well - they are listed here -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

14Jloyd Samuel - Just Giving Empty Re: Jloyd Samuel - Just Giving Mon Mar 06 2023, 23:42

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Lady B recorded it for me on Sunday and I watched it this afternoon.

I never rated JLS much. I thought he was an example of a drift from financial realism that had taken root under BSA but simply grew almost uncontrollably. 

Well worth watching though.

15Jloyd Samuel - Just Giving Empty Re: Jloyd Samuel - Just Giving Tue Mar 07 2023, 08:06

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Watched it last night, all very bizarre! Didn't know he had another wife in Iran, seems he was living a double life. His sister and his Iranian wife are convinced he's still alive which is just bonkers.

He seemed to have no idea about money, he earned 20K a week with us and was still skint when he left!

16Jloyd Samuel - Just Giving Empty Re: Jloyd Samuel - Just Giving Tue Mar 07 2023, 11:12

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Some. very strange events definitely. How does a diesel car burn out like that was never explained but surely if there had been accelerants it would have been recorded. Like others I’m not having it that it wasn’t Jays body in the car. If there hadn’t been another vehicle involved maybe but whether he intentionally drove into the van or not it must have been him that did it. He was obviously a party animal and someone who liked the high life and I suppose it just outlines the problem of guys like Jay suddenly being catapulted into a lifestyle they aren’t used to. You could see that with the indiscriminate spending right from the off and despite having children taking no opportunity to invest money for their future. I blame his wife as much for that for not ensuring it herself because she seemed to also just want to enjoy the better things in life even down to allowing her husband to flit off the Iran for 5 years. What did she think would happen, he’d turn into a monk? The programme was filled with disingenuous individuals for me and the only ones I have sympathy for are his kids who despite the issues seem to have done ok for themselves.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum