Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Derik Osede and Jan Kirchhoff among seven released by Bolton

+7
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
wessy
boltonbonce
wanderlust
Norpig
Sluffy
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

WANDERERS have confirmed the names of seven of first team players who will be released this summer.
Derik Osede, Dorian Dervite, Jem Karacan, Chris Taylor, Mark Howard, Jan Kirchhoff and Chinedu Obasi have all been informed their contract will not be renewed at the end of June.
But the list is not, at present, definitive. Phil Parkinson is due to speak with a few more players over the next seven to 10 days to inform them of his decision on their future.
Pinning down players who are away on holidays has been a difficult task for the Wanderers boss, who insists on speaking personally to each person to explain his rationale.

Midfielder Karacan broke the seal on Wednesday night by revealing he would be leaving the Macron via his official Twitter account.
This morning six other names followed, the most surprising of which is perhaps Spaniard Derik, who made 20 appearances for Bolton this season.
The former Real Madrid youth teamer, signed by Neil Lennon, had been with the Whites for three years and featured 71 times in total, scoring two goals.
The longest-serving player on the list is centre-half Dorian Dervite, who has played under three different managers at Bolton since his arrival on a free transfer from Charlton in May 2014. He featured 16 times this season and 99 times in total, scoring twice.

Chris Taylor’s exit will come as little surprise to fans, with the former Oldham Athletic and Blackburn Rovers midfielder last starting a league game for the Whites at Rochdale in September 2016.
The 31-year-old spent time out on loan with Oldham towards the end of the League One campaign but played no competitive football at all last season.
Mark Howard’s departure comes just a few weeks after he came off the bench to replace Ben Alnwick at half time during the last-day victory over Nottingham Forest which clinched Championship survival.
The former Sheffield United stopper had spent most of the season as Alnwick’s understudy but started as number one – featuring in the opening five games – and made 10 appearances in total this term.

German utility man Jan Kirchhoff arrived on a free transfer after a trial in February looking to revive his career after a serious injury sustained playing in the Premier League for Sunderland. He impressed on his full debut against Reading but suffered a hamstring injury in April which ruled him out for the remainder of the campaign.
And Nigerian striker Chinedu Obasi was another trialist who hit the headlines when he signed a pay-as-you-play deal in March. Once again, injury scuppered his chances of featuring in the run-in.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sad to see Derik go, he didn't play as regularly as he should, maybe because he could play in a few different positions so he never nailed down a regular spot. The rest is no great surprise.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I liked Derik and would like to have seen more of Kirchhoff and Obasi but the notable thing for me are the players who are not on that list.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They've spelt Obasi wrong. It's B-U-C-K-L-E-Y.

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Keeping Derik would send out all the wrong messages, he is no where near good enough, hopefully we can start to bring in players that actually influence games.

They say he could play in a number of positions. Well he certainly wasn't a center half, at right back he was a liability and one of the reasons all managers over looked him, that leaves defensive midfield? Henry was much better suited the guy had no presence on the pitch and not much of a tackle so for me he had to go.

The only one i would have offered a payed as you play contract was Kirchoff purely because class is permanent.

Shame to see Kirschoff go, had hoped for a pay as you play deal by I’d imagine there’s more to his injury issues than we know.

No complaints on any of those names though, Martin will be annoyed as Obasi was one of our best forwards apparently.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Glad to see the back of them all, few more for the chop yet. Pratley has been offered much lower terms and it remains to be seen whether he’ll accept.

Henry offered a one year deal and Wilbraham has been released also

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Glad to see the back of them all, few more for the chop yet. Pratley has been offered much lower terms and it remains to be seen whether he’ll accept.

Henry offered a one year deal and Wilbraham has been released also

Any fool could guess all that.

Oh, one just did.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why guess when you have me?

Seen some great reactions to Derik leaving on social media. Had he been called Derek and picked up from an English team nobody would have wanted him anywhere near the team.

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

BREAKING: Wigan sign 7 new players.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Leeds_Trotter wrote:BREAKING: Wigan sign 7 new players.

Very Happy

Tungsten3

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Hehe

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Pratley has been a stalwart for this club in the face of disgusting abuse from some sections of our fan base.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Pratley has been a stalwart for this club in the face of disgusting abuse from some sections of our fan base.

Have you actually ever seen him play? He's shite and always has been. Headless chicken springs to mind when i think of Pratley.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes I have and what he completely lacks in ability he makes up for in pre match pep talks. 

Uncalled for the abuse btw.

Tungsten3

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Yeah pratley has kept his gob shut throughout the crap thrown @ him.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ignoring Hipster's obvious sarcasm, if Pratley is offered new terms I will be seething. Rarely has a professional footballer had so little ability.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Who will issue a pre match rallying call?

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Stick on a Churchill DVD, i'm sure Boncey will have one he can give them for a few quid.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum