Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Which former Bolton player who scored just one goal for us is going to the World Cup?

Which former Bolton player who scored just one goal for us is going to the World Cup?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
Not only that he's been chosen at the expense of a £60 million striker, who stops at home!

He was played out of position by Owen Coyle (what a surprise!) but is grateful to him for giving him a chance.

He occasionally trained with Cristiano Ronaldo and was a part of a transfer deal for a player who went on to become Britain transfer record buy!

His goals have just helped his team into next years Champions League.

Still well under 30 years old too!

Got him yet?



If not here's a great write up about him - seems a decent bloke too -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Let your Owen Coyle obsession go.

MartinBWFC

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Sluffy wrote:Not only that he's been chosen at the expense of a £60 million striker, who stops at home!

He was played out of position by Owen Coyle (what a surprise!) but is grateful to him for giving him a chance.

He occasionally trained with Cristiano Ronaldo and was a part of a transfer deal for a player who went on to become Britain transfer record buy!

His goals have just helped his team into next years Champions League.

Still well under 30 years old too!

Got him yet?



If not here's a great write up about him - seems a decent bloke too -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
He was played out of position by Owen Coyle (what a surprise!)


Yet you think the sun shines out of Parkinson's arse, he more often than not plays players out of position, hypocrisy at it's best.

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
He wasn't great for us and that may be due to being played out of position or poor coaching but I reckon he was just a late developer. Certainly came on in leaps and bounds at Valencia and is unrecognisable from the lightweight we loaned from Benfica. And I don't know about letting him "slip through our fingers" as he was never our player in the first place.

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
Haha!

What sad fuckers you both are!

One trying wind me up and the other so stupid that at 51 years old he needs to go on anger management courses over his puerile hatred of our most successful manager since Allardyce left!

Obviously neither of you numb nuts actually bothered to read the article otherwise you would have seen I was only
referring to it!

"There were flashes of real quality and a goal to cap a vibrant display against Wigan but, misused on the left, a second failed to follow in the 17-game spell".

You two should be known as Wummer and Dumber!

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
wanderlust wrote:And I don't know about letting him "slip through our fingers" as he was never our player in the first place.

And yet another one who clearly didn't read the article to realise that I was simply referring to it!

"And so, despite Gartside's best efforts, it was back to Benfica..".

Rolling Eyes

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
It's only the internet.

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
Natasha Whittam wrote:It's only the internet.

Yet you are the one who spends his life on it!

Boggersbelief

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Crikey, he’s even turned on Nat.

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Sluffy wrote:Yet you are the one who spends his life on it!


I take toilet breaks I'll have you know.

BoltonTillIDie

avatar
John McGinlay
John McGinlay
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Growler


David Lee
David Lee
Coyle played Sturridge in the right position but Eddie wouldn't pay for him, he was a bigger loss than Moreno at the time

MartinBWFC

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Very Happy
Sluffy wrote:Haha!

What sad fuckers you both are!

One trying wind me up and the other so stupid that at 51 years old he needs to go on anger management courses over his puerile hatred of our most successful manager since Allardyce left!

Obviously neither of you numb nuts actually bothered to read the article otherwise you would have seen I was only
referring to it!

"There were flashes of real quality and a goal to cap a vibrant display against Wigan but, misused on the left, a second failed to follow in the 17-game spell".

You two should be known as Wummer and Dumber!
Very Happy lol! Sluffy having an Amosesque internet breakdown.

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
MartinBWFC wrote:Very Happy
Sluffy wrote:Haha!

What sad fuckers you both are!

One trying wind me up and the other so stupid that at 51 years old he needs to go on anger management courses over his puerile hatred of our most successful manager since Allardyce left!

Obviously neither of you numb nuts actually bothered to read the article otherwise you would have seen I was only
referring to it!

"There were flashes of real quality and a goal to cap a vibrant display against Wigan but, misused on the left, a second failed to follow in the 17-game spell".

You two should be known as Wummer and Dumber!
Very Happy lol! Sluffy having an Amosesque internet breakdown.

I was being factual not emotional.

Pleased to see you proving my point about you being totally dumb though.

Had you never heard of the saying 'better to say nothing and be thought to be stupid, than to speak and prove to all that you are?'.

Obviously not.

Rolling Eyes

MartinBWFC

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Sluffy wrote:
Very Happy lol! Sluffy having an Amosesque internet breakdown.

I was being factual not emotional.

Pleased to see you proving my point about you being totally dumb though.

Had you never heard of the saying 'better to say nothing and be thought to be stupid, than to speak and prove to all that you are?'.

Obviously not.

Rolling Eyes
Beep beep.

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Behave boys. Nat comes down pretty hard on miscreants. I know.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

T.R.O.Y


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
MartinBWFC wrote:
Sluffy wrote:Not only that he's been chosen at the expense of a £60 million striker, who stops at home!

He was played out of position by Owen Coyle (what a surprise!) but is grateful to him for giving him a chance.

He occasionally trained with Cristiano Ronaldo and was a part of a transfer deal for a player who went on to become Britain transfer record buy!

His goals have just helped his team into next years Champions League.

Still well under 30 years old too!

Got him yet?



If not here's a great write up about him - seems a decent bloke too -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
He was played out of position by Owen Coyle (what a surprise!)


Yet you think the sun shines out of Parkinson's arse, he more often than not plays players out of position, hypocrisy at it's best.

Who’s PP playing out of position?

Sam Hogg

avatar
David Ngog
David Ngog
Basically everyone, Ameobi as a target man is case in point

T.R.O.Y


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
T.R.O.Y wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:
Sluffy wrote:Not only that he's been chosen at the expense of a £60 million striker, who stops at home!

He was played out of position by Owen Coyle (what a surprise!) but is grateful to him for giving him a chance.

He occasionally trained with Cristiano Ronaldo and was a part of a transfer deal for a player who went on to become Britain transfer record buy!

His goals have just helped his team into next years Champions League.

Still well under 30 years old too!

Got him yet?



If not here's a great write up about him - seems a decent bloke too -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
He was played out of position by Owen Coyle (what a surprise!)


Yet you think the sun shines out of Parkinson's arse, he more often than not plays players out of position, hypocrisy at it's best.

Who’s PP playing out of position?

Guess that means nobody then, you absolute wet wipe.

T.R.O.Y


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
To the thread itself Rodrigo was never going to get a starting role through the middle for us with so much competition (Davies, Elmander and Sturridge at that point??). Putting pacy, lightweight strikers wide is pretty common in English football though. I think he’d probably have struggled at that point, glad he’s gone on to prove himself though. Alonso and Moreno have gone on to prove Coyle (and seemingly Sandy Stewart) could pick a player on occasion.

luckyPeterpiper

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Can I just point out that Sturridge never wanted to stay with us. He openly stated his aim was to play well enough at Bolton to force his way into Chelsea's first team, a statement I respected him for and still do.

Moreno was slightly different, his parent club never had any intention of letting him go and whether or not Owen misused him is beside the point. He was sent here specifically to get playing experience and to get some muscle on him. That was all.

Frankly sluffy's wrong to keep blaming Owen Coyle for everything since the fall of man from the Garden of Eden but it's equally wrong to believe Gartside ever thought there was even a slight chance of signing Moreno. He told us there was just like he had a fax in his pocket but it was just as untrue. He said it to drum up interest and column inches and to try and put bums on seats in the Macron but there was never any way in which it would happen.

T.R.O.Y


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Sam Hogg wrote:Basically everyone, Ameobi as a target man is case in point

Ameobi played as a target man a couple of times after Madine was sold. Did well against villa, not much otherwise.

So basically everyone actually means, experimenting with one player a couple of times.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum