Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 'close' to deal for Walsall's Erhun Oztumer

+6
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
Growler
Norpig
Leeds_Trotter
Sluffy
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

WANDERERS are understood to be ‘close’ to completing the signing of Turkish playmaker Erhun Oztumer from League One Walsall.
The sought-after number 10 is available on a free transfer this summer after turning down the chance to stay with the Saddlers, where he has scored 32 goals in two seasons.
At 5ft 3ins, Oztumer is the shortest player currently active in the Football League, and his creative skills helped him earn the nickname ‘Turkish Messi’ in the Midlands.
Interest in his signature appears to have been high – with Blackburn Rovers, Preston North End and Bradford City all mentioned as potential suitors. But sources at the Macron were confident at the weekend negotiations with the 27-year-old were going their way.

Whether he is the first new signing through the gate at the Macron this summer remains to be seen, with suggestion behind the scenes that two or three other deals are also nearing completion.
A degree of concern has built among Wanderers fans at the lack of progress being made in the transfer market over the last few weeks, with the opening weekend of the 2018/19 campaign just 60 days away.
Phil Parkinson has released seven first team players and a handful of the development squad, with more expected to follow in the coming week.
But firm assurances have been made by the Bolton hierarchy that business will pick up very soon.

It is expected the Whites boss will be working with a bigger playing budget this season – and chairman Ken Anderson has already guaranteed funds regardless of the ongoing investment talks with outside parties – but the club remain determined to keep their business as quiet and efficient as possible so they do not get drawn into any bidding battles.
Meanwhile, The Bolton News understands an application has been made to the EFL to ensure Wanderers’ opening game of the Championship season is away from home.
The request has been made to avoid any potential clash with the rugby league Challenge Cup semi-finals on August 5.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/16267009.Wanderers_are_closing_in_on_playmaker_deal/?ref=twtrec

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Beat me to it Sluffy.  Sad

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hope this comes off, he's a decent player and is the type of creative attacking player we haven't had for a long time.

Last edited by Norpig on Mon Jun 04 2018, 10:59; edited 2 times in total

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Norpig wrote:I hope this comes off, he's a decent player and is the of creative attacking player we haven't had for a long time.

Agree with this, we are desperate for more goals and creativity in midfield. 30 league goals in the last 2 seasons for Walsall is impressive.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Done deal

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Growler wrote:
Norpig wrote:I hope this comes off, he's a decent player and is the of creative attacking player we haven't had for a long time.

Agree with this, we are desperate for more goals and creativity in midfield.  30 league goals in the last 2 seasons for Walsall is impressive.
Even David Wheater can score in league 1. Time will tell if this lad can make the step up. Fingers crossed he can.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's on a free so it's worth the risk i reckon.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Shrewd signing imo. Replaced karacan with someone younger and better

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Deal has collapsed after late interest from a bigger club

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Let me guess, Leeds United?  Rolling Eyes

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leeds were mention yes.

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I thought they didn't like Turks at Leeds

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Growler wrote:I thought they didn't like Turks at Leeds
They don't.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

This is about as exciting as this transfer window can realistically get, so it would be really shitty for this not to go through.

Sam Hogg

Sam Hogg
David Ngog
David Ngog

Sure he's the right sort of player (creative) but he's only above average at league 1 level, if he's being put forward as our star signing, it has me really worried. If this is the case and Anderson can't get investment, we're going down, if i were him i'd sell while we've still got something to sell.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sam Hogg wrote:Sure he's the right sort of player (creative) but he's only above average at league 1 level

That would make him our best player then.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He got 17 goals in 32 games last season, for a midfielder that’s superb at any level.

Clearly better than average league one.

Sam Hogg

Sam Hogg
David Ngog
David Ngog

I did say ABOVE average. If you look at Walsall they finished 19th, he was both their top creative player and top scorer, scoring more than the next 2 players combined in their team. It is clear he was the focus of their attack and I believe that we might have another Madine situation here, where a player looks better than he is, due to the way the team is set up. Another factor that people are forgetting is that our own team looked good in League one, this shows the gulf in quality, an above average League one player is probably well below average in the Championship. I think we need to start looking wider than Championship/League one cast offs and consider the Sam Allardyce approach.

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

In the early days under Sam in the second tier when it was impossible to attract the quality from abroad one of his finest signings was a lad from Walsall.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum