Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Summer transfer window 2018

Summer transfer window 2018

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

61 Re: Summer transfer window 2018 on Wed Jun 20 2018, 16:29

gloswhite

Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
I don't think we should have CYL. To me, he never really regained any form after his leg op, was always afraid of a tackle, and as soon as he had the opportunity, buggered off for pastures new.
We're not a charity, and buying a player that has no current form is a bad move.

62 Re: Summer transfer window 2018 on Wed Jun 20 2018, 16:32

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
gloswhite wrote:I don't think we should have CYL. To me, he never really regained any form after his leg op, was always afraid of a tackle, and as soon as he had the opportunity, buggered off for pastures new.
We're not a charity, and buying a player that has no current form is a bad move.

Did your wife hit you over the head again?

He was superb under Lennon playing central midfield, easily our best player. And despite not getting much game time at Palace he was regularly used as a sub, despite Palace having some very good wingers.

He would be a great signing.

63 Re: Summer transfer window 2018 on Wed Jun 20 2018, 16:40

Norpig

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I just can't see it happening, he would be a great signing but wages may be an issue i reckon.

64 Re: Summer transfer window 2018 on Wed Jun 20 2018, 16:44

gloswhite

Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Sorry Nat, I agree he did well, butthere is nothing to compare him to now, so I reckon he's too big a gamble. There again, if he realises he's at the last chance saloon, he may well give it a go but its a very hard mind-set for him to get back into.

65 Re: Summer transfer window 2018 on Wed Jun 20 2018, 16:57

rammywhite

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
MartinBWFC wrote:Flanagan signed for Rangers, over to you boggers.

Stupid way to  end a career.

66 Re: Summer transfer window 2018 on Wed Jun 20 2018, 17:09

MartinBWFC

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
rammywhite wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:Flanagan signed for Rangers, over to you boggers.

Stupid way to  end a career.
Boggers career ended when he joined Nuts.

67 Re: Summer transfer window 2018 on Wed Jun 20 2018, 17:38

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
When did I say Flanagan was signing for us

68 Re: Summer transfer window 2018 on Wed Jun 20 2018, 17:47

MartinBWFC

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Boggersbelief wrote:When did I say Flanagan was signing for us
Chung Yong Lee. Flanagan and anichebe all inbound

About a week ago.

69 Re: Summer transfer window 2018 on Wed Jun 20 2018, 17:50

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
When did I say Jon Flanagan was signing for us

70 Re: Summer transfer window 2018 on Wed Jun 20 2018, 17:51

MartinBWFC

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Boggersbelief wrote:When did I say Jon Flanagan was signing for us
Did you mean Mickey then?

71 Re: Summer transfer window 2018 on Wed Jun 20 2018, 18:14

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Tom Flanagan

72 Re: Summer transfer window 2018 on Thu Jun 21 2018, 00:43

Sluffy

Admin
Tweet from Keith Downie, Sky reporter for the North East of England -

Sunderland and Bolton have both made enquiries for Peterborough captain Jack Baldwin. The defender is valued at £250,000.

73 Re: Summer transfer window 2018 on Fri Jun 22 2018, 17:26

luckyPeterpiper

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Sluffy wrote:Tweet from Keith Downie, Sky reporter for the North East of England -

Sunderland and Bolton have both made enquiries for Peterborough captain Jack Baldwin. The defender is valued at £250,000.

Do we actually have 250K to spend on a transfer fee? I thought Phil had been told money was only available for wages and signings would have to be free or loans? I know it's not a lot of money in football terms but it equates to 5K a week which might be enough for a decent player at this level. I don't know much about Jack Baldwin (ie nothing really). Is he any good?

74 Re: Summer transfer window 2018 on Fri Jun 22 2018, 17:44

MartinBWFC

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
luckyPeterpiper wrote:

Do we actually have 250K to spend on a transfer fee? I thought Phil had been told money was only available for wages and signings would have to be free or loans? I know it's not a lot of money in football terms but it equates to 5K a week which might be enough for a decent player at this level. I don't know much about Jack Baldwin (ie nothing really). Is he any good?
Didn't we offer Ipswich 500K for McGoldrick in January?

75 Re: Summer transfer window 2018 on Fri Jun 22 2018, 17:48

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
We offered cash for a Charlton player as well. The doom mongers need to shut up and let Ken get on with the job.

I fancy the play-offs.

76 Re: Summer transfer window 2018 on Fri Jun 22 2018, 20:07

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Go on Nat. She’s on the sauce

77 Re: Summer transfer window 2018 on Fri Jun 22 2018, 20:32

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Is that you in your avatar Boggers?

78 Re: Summer transfer window 2018 on Fri Jun 22 2018, 20:55

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Natasha Whittam wrote:Is that you in your avatar Boggers?

Yeah. Why, do you fancy me?

79 Re: Summer transfer window 2018 on Fri Jun 22 2018, 21:03

MartinBWFC

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Boggersbelief wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Is that you in your avatar Boggers?

Yeah. Why, do you fancy me?
I'd say to you both to get a room, but that would send Norpig into meltdown.

80 Re: Summer transfer window 2018 on Fri Jun 22 2018, 22:39

Sluffy

Admin
luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Sluffy wrote:Tweet from Keith Downie, Sky reporter for the North East of England -

Iles has since rubbished the idea that we ever were interested in Baldwin - a non story apparently.

81 Re: Summer transfer window 2018 on Sat Jun 23 2018, 16:35

Tungsten3

David Ngog
David Ngog
In some ways its a shame we did not get CYL on loan to see what he is like now.

It still feels like a big risk unless he is on low wages (which i doubt)

82 Re: Summer transfer window 2018 on Sat Jun 23 2018, 18:24

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Tungsten3 wrote:It still feels like a big risk unless he is on low wages (which i doubt)

A risk compared to who?

83 Re: Summer transfer window 2018 on Sun Jun 24 2018, 16:45

luckyPeterpiper

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Nat I wasn't 'doomsaying' when I asked about the money for a fee. It was my understanding (and still is) that the BN and others had reported we were not going to spend money on transfer fees this summer. We were instead going to allocate all the funds available for squad strengthening to wages which meant looking at free transfers or loans.

84 Re: Summer transfer window 2018 on Sun Jun 24 2018, 17:23

Tungsten3

David Ngog
David Ngog
luckyPeterpiper wrote:Nat I wasn't 'doomsaying' when I asked about the money for a fee. It was my understanding (and still is) that the BN and others had reported we were not going to spend money on transfer fees this summer. We were instead going to allocate all the funds available for squad strengthening to wages which meant looking at free transfers or loans.

I hope that doesnt apply to the big striker we need as we could end up with a poor option on loan.

Sadly strikers are the most expensive and also in our team the most important signing of the season for me.

85 Re: Summer transfer window 2018 on Sun Jun 24 2018, 17:44

luckyPeterpiper

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Tungsten3 wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:Nat I wasn't 'doomsaying' when I asked about the money for a fee. It was my understanding (and still is) that the BN and others had reported we were not going to spend money on transfer fees this summer. We were instead going to allocate all the funds available for squad strengthening to wages which meant looking at free transfers or loans.

I hope that doesnt apply to the big striker we need as we could end up with a poor option on loan.

Sadly strikers are the most expensive and also in our team the most important signing of the season for me.
I agree we need a good one desperately and if we do have money to make a purchase that's where it should be spent. However there is still some time to go (albeit less than last year since the window will close before the season starts rather than at the end of August) so I'm not panicking yet by any means. In some ways I actually prefer the relative quiet from the club after several seasons of us being fed a bunch of codswallop about being 'in' for someone only to be told in the end 'we couldn't get there' when the club knew all along it was a non starter either due to a huge wage or big fee that were beyond anything we could hope to match. At least this year we can be fairly certain Ken isn't going to tell the press "I have a fax in my pocket".

Still, if either Leonel or Christiano are bored with playing for world famous clubs on mega-wages then maybe Ken should warm up the fax machine, maybe even break out the telex while he's at it. Wink

86 Re: Summer transfer window 2018 on Sun Jun 24 2018, 21:53

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
They should put a bit aside for a decent screen. That piece of shit in the corner is a waste of time.

87 Re: Summer transfer window 2018 on Mon Jun 25 2018, 19:50

MartinBWFC

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Wilbraham signed for Rochdale.

88 Re: Summer transfer window 2018 on Thu Jun 28 2018, 23:32

Leeds_Trotter

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
So a fair bit of business this week, Donaldson signing for us and Sammy extending his contract. Not to mention some u23 recruitment.

89 Re: Summer transfer window 2018 on Wed Jul 11 2018, 19:41

Leeds_Trotter

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Squad is still looking thin, how many more players do you all think we need to bring in?

90 Re: Summer transfer window 2018 on Thu Jul 12 2018, 08:35

Norpig

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Stlll lots needed, we need another left back and at least one more centre back, more midfield cover and of course strikers.

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum