Last Match: Rotherham 1-1 Bolton (Doidge)
Next Match: Bolton v Forest on Wednesday 8pm Live

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs

OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

31 Re: OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs on Sun Jun 10 2018, 12:05

T.R.O.Y

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Whats the issue with that? He’s got Championship experience.

32 Re: OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs on Sun Jun 10 2018, 17:29

luckyPeterpiper

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Parky's quote 'he knows his way around the division' ????????

WTF Mad Mad Mad
It just means he's an experienced Championship player who knows what's needed to perform well at this level mate. In truth he won't set the world alight but he's a solid defensive mid who tackles well and is pretty decent at distributing the ball once he's got it. He's a decent signing for us, especially given how little money we seem to have and I think he'll fit Parkinson's tactics pretty well.

33 Re: OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs on Sun Jun 10 2018, 17:40

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:He's a decent signing for us, especially given how little money we seem to have and I think he'll fit Parkinson's tactics pretty well.

Will he be better than Henry?

Absolutely not.

34 Re: OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs on Sun Jun 10 2018, 17:56

luckyPeterpiper

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Possibly not but I think he'll be at least comparable and he also might well be cheaper for wages and in our circumstances that's probably the most important factor right now. Don't get me wrong Nat, I don't think he's a world beater by any means but he did strike me as competent when he was at Rovers and right now that's something we need in a big way because we just can't afford the wages a really talented player could command even at Championship level.

35 Re: OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs on Sun Jun 10 2018, 18:52

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:we just can't afford the wages a really talented player could command even at Championship level.
So what are your views on how Anderson is ostensibly conducting negotiations with the potential investors who would have the money for "really talented players"? 
Do you think he'll pull it off or do you reckon he won't sell unless he personally gets a big payoff?

36 Re: OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs on Sun Jun 10 2018, 19:07

luckyPeterpiper

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Lusty having read way too many of your rants about Ken "Beelzebub" Anderson already I see no point to giving you yet another chance to foam at the mouth about the man who has basically kept this club alive over the last two or three years. I will say this, if Ken can find a buyer who generates a large profit for him personally then good for him, he deserves it. Frankly I think it's incredibly unlikely that he's sabotaging any potential investment in the club for personal profit reasons and I still don't grasp your rationale when you say you think he's some power mad despot who's secretly stripping the clubs assets until he's bled it dry. While I respect your opinion on most things I have to say I think you're wrong at best and delusional at worst on the topic of Ken Anderson and his motives.

37 Re: OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs on Sun Jun 10 2018, 19:13

Sluffy

Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Lusty having read way too many of your rants about Ken "Beelzebub" Anderson already I see no point to giving you yet another chance to foam at the mouth about the man who has basically kept this club alive over the last two or three years. I will say this, if Ken can find a buyer who generates a large profit for him personally then good for him, he deserves it. Frankly I think it's incredibly unlikely that he's sabotaging any potential investment in the club for personal profit reasons and I still don't grasp your rationale when you say you think he's some power mad despot who's secretly stripping the clubs assets until he's bled it dry. While I respect your opinion on most things I have to say I think you're wrong at best and delusional at worst on the topic of Ken Anderson and his motives.

:clap:

Bravo!

Well said Peter.

38 Re: OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs on Sun Jun 10 2018, 19:20

T.R.O.Y

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Do you think he'll pull it off or do you reckon he won't sell unless he personally gets a big payoff?

Neither, there are no serious investors and nothing will change.

39 Re: OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs on Sun Jun 10 2018, 19:44

luckyPeterpiper

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Do you think he'll pull it off or do you reckon he won't sell unless he personally gets a big payoff?

Neither, there are no serious investors and nothing will change.
As I've said on another thread I think we have to accept that at this time BWFC isn't an attractive business proposition for the sort of person who'd have the money we'd need to seriously challenge for promotion to the Premier League let alone function sustainably if we got there. It will take some time, probably several years for us to really improve because it's going to have to happen on an incremental scale, a step at a time so to speak. Personally I think we're heading the right way in terms of the financial stuff and that for now we need to concentrate our efforts on field to remaining in the Championship while the finances are still being sorted out. We have to accept that big money signings or big wage players are currently beyond our reach and that we can only survive by keeping our sights at a realistically acheivable level. Of course I'd like more, any fan would but unless we suddenly attract the eye of a Sheikh Fatwalletah or some big consortium that's just looking to take a punt with some loose change (in their terms) we're not going to make any quantum leaps forward.

So for me the 2018/19 season will be a success if we make the fifth round of the FA Cup and finish between eighth and fourteenth in the league. If we do better than that I'll be delighted given how little we've got to work with right now. Even in the White Hot years we didn't go on a never ending climb, we were promoted and relegated from the Prem more than once and there were plenty of stutters and mis-steps along the way until we got Sam Allardyce. Even under Sam we barely avoided the drop in both our first two seasons back in the Prem and it took him a while to make us a real force in the division even with the sort of money he had to spend.

40 Re: OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs on Sun Jun 10 2018, 19:46

T.R.O.Y

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Success next season is staying up again. Can’t hope for any more than that given the situation.

41 Re: OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs on Sun Jun 10 2018, 19:56

Sluffy

Admin
With a team that I strongly suspect will be built from frees and loans (maybe we will buy a striker though - but not for much more than a million or so), I suspect eight place (just outside the play-offs) is a little bit too optimistic for the coming season and around fourteenth place a more realistic top end target.

Obviously would be happy to be proved wrong though.

As TROY says, staying up will again be our priority.

But if we sell to one of those billionaires queueing up to buy us though...!

Very Happy

42 Re: OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs on Sun Jun 10 2018, 20:03

luckyPeterpiper

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:With a team that I strongly suspect will be built from frees and loans (maybe we will buy a striker though - but not for much more than a million or so), I suspect eight place (just outside the play-offs) is a little bit too optimistic for the coming season and around fourteenth place a more realistic top end target.

Obviously would be happy to be proved wrong though.

As TROY says, staying up will again be our priority.

But if we sell to one of those billionaires queueing up to buy us though...!

Very Happy
I agree eighth is a big ask given the circs but that's why I would deem the season a success if we got anywhere between there and fourteenth. I think between fifteenth and twentieth is much more likely and it would be acceptable for me in its own right provided we continue to progress off the field in terms of straightening out our financial position.

43 Re: OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs on Sun Jun 10 2018, 20:08

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
With Parkinson in charge finishing 17th or higher would be a success.

Sadly, I feel we will be rooted in the bottom 3 until Parkinson is potted in Sept/Oct. I just don't see him changing his attitude to personnel/tactics.

44 Re: OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs on Sun Jun 10 2018, 20:47

luckyPeterpiper

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:With Parkinson in charge finishing 17th or higher would be a success.

Sadly, I feel we will be rooted in the bottom 3 until Parkinson is potted in Sept/Oct. I just don't see him changing his attitude to personnel/tactics.
I'm not sure he has the room to change the personnel to any great degree Nat but I do agree that his tactics were questionable on several occasions last season. Personally I think he will have learned a great deal from those mistakes and I hope to see proof of that early on in the season. If it turns out he hasn't then I'll hold my hand up and admit he should go but I'm not going to do that until and unless he deserves it. Right now I think he's done what was asked of him to date, ie he got us back into the Championship and kept us there so to sack him now would be an injustice. Obviously a lot will depend on what's going on off the field and who we can bring in to add depth to the squad but I'm keeping my expectations low on that front because I don't want to start a season feeling disappointed before a ball's been kicked. We've all had to do that too many times already.

45 Re: OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs on Sun Jun 10 2018, 20:47

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
You negative fools. Investment is around the corner

46 Re: OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs on Mon Jun 11 2018, 10:28

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Lusty having read way too many of your rants about Ken "Beelzebub" Anderson already I see no point to giving you yet another chance to foam at the mouth about the man who has basically kept this club alive over the last two or three years. I will say this, if Ken can find a buyer who generates a large profit for him personally then good for him, he deserves it. Frankly I think it's incredibly unlikely that he's sabotaging any potential investment in the club for personal profit reasons and I still don't grasp your rationale when you say you think he's some power mad despot who's secretly stripping the clubs assets until he's bled it dry. While I respect your opinion on most things I have to say I think you're wrong at best and delusional at worst on the topic of Ken Anderson and his motives.
Thanks for your response. I much prefer the calm(er) voice.

47 Re: OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs on Mon Jun 11 2018, 10:30

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:You negative fools. Investment is around the corner
Why are we buying Rovers' has-beens then? We already have Lowe and now the BN seems disappointed we aren't in the hunt for Graham. If investment is imminent wouldn't signings be on hold until the budget is known?

48 Re: OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs on Mon Jun 11 2018, 17:04

luckyPeterpiper

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:You negative fools. Investment is around the corner
Why are we buying Rovers' has-beens then? We already have Lowe and now the BN seems disappointed we aren't in the hunt for Graham. If investment is imminent wouldn't signings be on hold until the budget is known?
I agree with lusty here. If Ken was confident or actually knew that there was fresh investment money coming in he'd tell Phil and the scouts to keep looking around but hold off actual signings until he knew how much we'd actually have to spend. It's my opinion that the club's operating on the assumption there'll be no investment in the immediate future and I suspect Ken knows that for certain so he's letting PP and the rest do the best they can with what we have now because there's no other choice.

New money may come in later, I personally think it will if we can consolidate our position in the championship this season but right now I don't think anyone's going to find us all that attractive in terms of potential return at least not in the short term. Since most speculative investors are looking for quick profits that will put them off.

49 Re: OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs on Tue Jun 12 2018, 10:03

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I agree with lusty here. If Ken was confident or actually knew that there was fresh investment money coming in he'd tell Phil and the scouts to keep looking around but hold off actual signings until he knew how much we'd actually have to spend. It's my opinion that the club's operating on the assumption there'll be no investment in the immediate future and I suspect Ken knows that for certain so he's letting PP and the rest do the best they can with what we have now because there's no other choice.
Bloody hell!

50 Re: OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs on Tue Jun 12 2018, 18:33

luckyPeterpiper

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Bloody hell!
Don't be so shocked lusty. I don't agree with you on KA's motives but it's pretty obvious that we're not going to see a sudden influx of money any time soon. I am certain Ken's doing his best to find it but the fact is we're not an easy sell right now so he's got to work off the assumption he won't be getting big wads of extra cash in the immeditate future and cut the club's budgetary cloth accordingly. That way if nothing else it'll be a welcome surprise for Phil and the fans if money does come in in time to use it in this transfer window.

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum