Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Parky gets his first man as ex-Blackburn skipper Lowe joins

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

WANDERERS manager Phil Parkinson’s midfield revamp has taken its first step with the first summer signing, bringing in Jason Lowe from Birmingham City.
Lowe has signed a two-year deal at the Macron to become the Whites’ first signing of the summer, having left St Andrew’s at the end of the season.
The former Blackburn Rovers man has Premier League experience and has also represented England at under-21 level.
He established himself as a first-team regular at Ewood Park, and was named as the club captain for the 2016/17 season, though that campaign ended with the club being relegated to League One.

After playing nearly 200 times for Rovers, Lowe, aged 26, was one of six players released, bringing an end to his 13-year association with the club.
He joined Birmingham on a 12-month contract last year but found first-team football difficult to come by, playing just 11 times for the Blues who, along with Wanderers, narrowly avoided relegation to League One. Only two of those outings came during Garry Monk’s tenure and he was released last month.
Speaking to the club’s official website, Lowe said: “It’s great to be here. The club has a lot of history and loads of my friends support them. I’m excited to be here and looking forward to getting going.
“There’s a great fan base here and I hope we can give them something to shout about this coming season.”

Parkinson has spent two years working with the materials available, getting promotion and staying in the Championship against the odds, albeit with football which has rarely pleased the purists. Can he now marry that team spirit with a style which puts bums in seats at the Macron? We watch and wait.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/16277756.Wanderers_enter_new_era_-_but_what_happens_next_/?ref=mr&lp=8

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Leigh boy apparently.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Remember him at Rovers, seemed pretty decent to me then but slightly worried by the fact Birmigham didn't play him and have released him. That said I didn't think Jutkiewicz would be any good when he came here on loan so what do I know? I hope it works out for the lad and us, it could be just what we need if it does.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Blackburn fans think he's shit. Birmingham fans also think he's shit.

He's probably shit.

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

So couldn't get in a shit Birmingham side last season and was relegated with Blackburn the season before ???

Inspirational !!!!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's a decent player but is injury prone and has disciplinary issues so I don't see how he's an improvement on Henry.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:He's a decent player but is injury prone and has disciplinary issues so I don't see how he's an improvement on Henry.
As I said on another thread I suspect he's cheaper and that's probably the biggest factor right now. I don't think he's going to be markedly better than Henry but I do think he's decent enough at this level. I think Birmingham might just have been the wrong club at the wrong time for him. I don't want to rush to judgement because I was utterly certain Jutkiewicz would be rubbish for us based on his Middlesborough stats and I definitely got that one wrong in a big way. I'd say give Lowe a chance, let's see how he actually performs in our shirt before we decide whether or not he's any good.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bryan458 wrote:So couldn't get in a shit Birmingham side last season and was relegated with Blackburn the season before ???

Inspirational !!!!
Bryan I saw him play for Rovers a few times and he was a pretty decent player surrounded by some seriously bad ones who didn't seem to give a toss anyway. While I don't think he's world class or anything I do think he's good enough for this level and it's well worth giving him a chance to prove it before we judge him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum