Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » The World Cup 2018 » World Cup Competitions » World Cup - Predict the Outcome Competition.

World Cup - Predict the Outcome Competition.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Leeds_Trotter

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Sweden to win
Belgium to win
England to win

BoltonTillIDie

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
Belgium to win
England to win

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Surely I get points for predicting two correct scores.

Sluffy

Admin
Boggersbelief wrote:Surely I get points for predicting two correct scores.

Nope sorry - we aren't doing scores - you haven't read the rules - even the title of the competition should have given you a clue!

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Fucking fix.

You’re just worried that I’ll run away with it, I even started late too.

Sluffy

Admin
Good win for England - dreadful ref though!

I've always been a big fan for having a 'video ref' but what is the point when the don't call the obvious things? There's no question that Kane was basically assaulted yet no penalty was called by the video judge - appalling really - there was also a penalty given in one of the first games when the defender clearly got the ball first.

No point in having such technology if they get it so clearly wrong.

Anyway I digress.

The three game favourites won today - Sweden, Belgium and England but did our competitors go with the bookies or back against them?

Peter only picked up 1 point, LT and Boggars 3 and BTID got 2 (from only putting forward two predictions).

So new leader with LT on 7, Peter 6, and both BTID and Boggars on 5.

Tomorrows games -

Colombia v Japan
Poland v Senegal
Russia v Egypt

Plenty of games and points to go and certainly not to late for people to join in (and win!).

Sluffy

Admin
Boggersbelief wrote:Fucking fix.

You’re just worried that I’ll run away with it, I even started late too.

Not at all.

I don't normally join in competitions so I thought to myself if I was going to run one for people to join in and enjoy I had to make it as easy as I could for people to participate (and thus keep coming back to) allow people to join in throughout the competition (with a chance to even win it) rather than exclude people who might want to play but for whatever reason not be able to join in the first week or two (perhaps because they were away on holiday or something).

I further wanted to add 'twist' in the tail, so that people who missed the start, or have fallen behind in the scoring, can catch up (if they predict correctly and even take risks and predict strategically!) - whilst still giving the edge to those who have been playing right from the start - and that is why once the competition goes to knock out you can go for bonus points (or have points taken off you!) by gambling on a draw after 90 minutes and predicting the winner after extra time/ penalties.

The further the competition progresses the more people can win or lose if they want to gamble to catch others up - or put distance between them and the pack.

Finally I wanted something really easy for me to run.

To be honest I tried to do it so that people could mark their own scores and I would have been very happy for you all to get on with it to, but seeing that only four people up to now have been good enough to take part, I thought it would be only respectful to you all to do a bit of a commentary and hopefully try and entice others to join in.

The leader is currently only on 7 points and tomorrow all 32 teams would have played their first game. In later rounds people can gain 5 points and over on just one game - so anything is still possible for those who might just want to enter the competition in the next week or so.

If you or anyone else wants to take over the running of the competition and include points for correct scores then I would be only too delighted to step back and let you get on with it.

Until then I will carry on running it in just the same manner as how I designed it.

PS - congratulations on your two correct scores.

Leeds_Trotter

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Colombia to beat Japan
Poland to beat Senegal
Russia & Egypt draw

Sluffy

Admin
Ok, well this won't take long.

Today's results - Japan, Senegal (dreadful officiating once again on their winning goal) and Russia all win.

BTID and Boggars didn't make any predictions and Peter and LT get all theirs wrong.

No change from yesterday then - LT on 7 points, Peter 6, and both BTID and Boggars on 5.

Tomorrows games -

Uruguay v Saudi Arabia
Portugal v Morocco
Iran v Spain.

Game on!

Very Happy

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Uruguay Morocco
Spain all to win

BoltonTillIDie

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
Uruguay, Portugal and Spain to win

Leeds_Trotter

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Uruguay, Spain and Portugal to win.

Sluffy

Admin
Uruguay, Spain and Portugal all won and everybody picked them (apart from Boggars who fancied Morocco over Portugal).

So three points to Peter LT and BTID and two to Boggars.

Total up to today then LT 10, Peter 9, BTID 8 and Boggars 7.

Tomorrow's games -

Denmark v Australia
France v Peru
Argentina v Croatia.

Place your bets gentlemen!

Very Happy

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
If you look at the stats, Morocco were the better side. If you also look at previous games, portgal tend to struggle against so called lesser sides

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
BOGGARS is gonna win this comp and Sluffy isn’t gonna like it

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Denmark Aussies DRAW
France WIN
Croatia WIN

Sluffy

Admin
Boggersbelief wrote:BOGGARS is gonna win this comp and Sluffy isn’t gonna like it

I'd be delighted.

I've no axe to grind with you or anyone else.

Sluffy

Admin
Boggersbelief wrote:If you look at the stats, Morocco were the better side. If you also look at previous games, Portugal tend to struggle against so called lesser sides

I've no problem with what you or anyone else picks - I was merely stating the facts in order to award the points.

Leeds_Trotter

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Denmark, France and Argentina all to win.

BoltonTillIDie

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
Australia, Argentina and France to win

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
God I’m good

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
LT 11 points, Boggars 10 points, BTID 9 points, peter 9 points

Leeds_Trotter

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Brazil to beat Costa Rica
Iceland to beat Nigeria
Serbia & Switzerland draw

BoltonTillIDie

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
Brazil to beat Costa Rica 
Iceland to beat Nigeria 
Switzerland win

Sluffy

Admin
Boggersbelief wrote:God I’m good

You certainly were yesterday - well done.

Boggersbelief wrote:LT 11 points, Boggars 10 points, BTID 9 points, peter 9 points

Peter is on 10 points though - you have to look back to the first posts on the thread for his predictions.

Don't forget to put your predictions in today though,

Be lucky.

Sluffy

Admin
Brazil, Nigeria and the Swiss all won

So with LT only picking up one point, Peter two, BTID a further two and Boggers to busy playing hard to get with Norpig and failing to submit a prediction (even though I gave him a nudge to do so), we now end up with joint leaders overall with LT and Peter now on 12 points, BTID up to 11 points and Boggers staying the same on 10.

Tomorrows games are -

S Korea v Mexico
Germany v Sweden
Belgium v Tunisia

Best of luck everyone.

Leeds_Trotter

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Mexico to win
Germany to win
Belgium to win

BoltonTillIDie

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
Mexico to win
Sweden and Germany to draw
Belgium and Tunisia to draw

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Korean win
German win
Belgium draw

Sluffy

Admin
Mexico, Belgium and Germany all win but only LT went with the obvious favourites today, so gaining 3 points and the outright lead. Peter and Boggers managed 2 points and BTID had one of those days ending up with just a single point.

So the total scores at the end of today's games are - LT 15 points, Peter 14, with BTID and Boggers on 12 apiece.

Tomorrows games are (as if you didn't know at least one of the teams playing!)

England v Panama
Japan v Senegal
Poland v Colombia

So are England going to win?

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum