Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » The World Cup 2018 » World Cup Competitions » World Cup - Predict the Outcome Competition.

World Cup - Predict the Outcome Competition.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
France win in normal time
Portugal win on penalties

Sluffy

Admin
Right then France and Uruguay advance into the next round without the need for extra time or penalty's.

LT gets one outcome correct for 2 points, so to does Boggers, whereas on the other hand both Peter and BTID get both outcomes wrong and pick up no points.

The up to date totals then are LT increasing his lead by one to 24 points, Boggers returning to second place on 21 points, with Peter and BTID remaining on 20 and 15 points respectively.

Never mind lads more points on offer for the next matches -

Spain v Russia
Croatia v Denmark

So place your bets!

Leeds_Trotter

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Do I not get a point for predicting a France win even thougb it was in the 90mins?

Sluffy

Admin
Leeds_Trotter wrote:Do I not get a point for predicting a France win even thougb it was in the 90mins?

No because you predicted a draw at 90 minutes and the result as we know was a win - therefore you prediction for this match was incorrect.

Sorry.

If it had been a draw on France went on to win it you would have picked up four points though (2 points for the draw and a further 2 bonus points for the outcome following extra time/penalties)!

Better luck next time.

Leeds_Trotter

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
No worries!

Spain to beat Russia
Coratia to beat Denmark

BoltonTillIDie

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
Spain to beat Russia 
Coratia to beat Denmark

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Spain win in extra time
Croatia win normal time

Sluffy

Admin
Right Spain out, makes our side of the draw a bit easier!

So the results, Russia and Croatia win both after extra time,

Our leader LT misses out completely, Boggers gets two for predicting a draw after 90 minutes for Spain but is the first to lose points under the jeopardy system and loses a point because Spain didn't go on to win, so only a net 1 point today. Peter hits the first 4 pointer nailing a draw and win after extra time for Russia and poor old BTID draws a blank for the third match day running.

So the scores on the doors at the end of the day LT still in front on 24 points but now joined there by Peter, Boggers still keeping close on 21 points and BTID a distance back still on 15.

Still all to play for, the next set of games being -

Brazil v Mexico
Belgium v Japan (wouldn't it be funny if Japan win!)

Anyway, excuse my whimsey and let me know your thoughts on the games, as yours are the ones that matter.

BoltonTillIDie

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
Brazil win
Belgium win

Hope i get a blank again!

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Mexico win in extra time
Belgium win normal time

Leeds_Trotter

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Brazil to win AET.
Belgium to win.

Sluffy

Admin
OK Brazil and Belgium win without needing extra time.

Everyone went for a Belgium win in normal time for 2 points but only BTID went for Brazil in 90 minutes also - full marks today BTID!

So 4 points for him and 2 each for the rest of you.

Nothing much changes overall though with LT and Peter joint leading on 26 points, Boggers on 23 with BTID gaining two points back on everyone but still only up to 19 points (good effort anyway!).

Big game tomorrow of course -

Sweden v Swiss
Colombia v England

Will it still be coming home this time tomorrow?

Well what do you think?

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Sweden win on penalties
England win normal time

Leeds_Trotter

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Sweden to win
England to win AET

BoltonTillIDie

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
Switzerland to win
England to win

luckyPeterpiper

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Quarter Final Predictions

Uruguay v France. DRAW at 90 mins. FRANCE to win on penalties

Brazil vs Belgium. BRAZIL to win in 90 mins.

Russia v Croatia. DRAW at 90. RUSSIA to win AET or penalties

Sweden vs ENGLAND. ENGLAND win in 90 minutes

Last edited by luckyPeterpiper on Tue Jul 03 2018, 21:55; edited 1 time in total

Leeds_Trotter

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
luckyPeterpiper wrote:

You can't do AET or pens, it's one or the other mate.

Sluffy

Admin
Leeds_Trotter wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:

It's neither really, it's just the final outcome I need - ie Draw after 90 minutes, final outcome, England win.

Sorry if I've not made myself clearer before and caused confusion.

Last edited by Sluffy on Tue Jul 03 2018, 16:31; edited 1 time in total

Leeds_Trotter

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Sluffy wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:

Is neither really, it's just the final outcome I need - ie Draw after 90 minutes, final outcome, England win.

But surely he can't cover all bases by saying Russia will win in ET or on Pen, I thought that's what the bonus points were all about?

Sluffy

Admin
Leeds_Trotter wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:

Is neither really, it's just the final outcome I need - ie Draw after 90 minutes, final outcome, England win.

But surely he can't cover all bases by saying Russia will win in ET or on Pen, I thought that's what the bonus points were all about?

The bonus points (or jeopardy) is for predicting the final outcome following from a draw after 90 minutes.

I didn't want to make things too complicated or otherwise I would be asking for an outcome at 90 minutes, a further outcome at 120 minutes and yet a further outcome after penalties.

I had applied the KISS acronym to myself in that I should 'Keep It Simple Stupid' when setting up the competition, to make it easier both for people to understand and play - and for me to mark.

Clearly I failed!

Very Happy

The bonus points I guess are to tempt people into gambling and losing!

They ratchet up as the rounds go by and people can win big (if they get it right) or blow loads of points if they get it wrong.

It also gives those lagging behind (cough BTID cough) chance to catch up and win - if the results fall for them?

It also might make the leaders think twice about losing the points they have already won and play conservatively - people can 'stick' at Draw after 90 minutes and not go for the bonus/jeopardy if they want to.

At the end of the day I just wanted people to join in at anytime and still feel that they had a chance of winning, no matter how many points they were behind - and in that way keep the interests of everyone until the final.

That was my plan anyway.

luckyPeterpiper

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Hi LT. Fair point mate but as sluffy says only two predictions matter. The score at 90 mins (eg England Win, Columbia Win, Draw). If we went for draw THEN the only prediction that matters is the WINNER. It doesn't matter to our points total if it's settled in ET or actually goes to pens. I'm just being anal in predicting the 120 min result as DRAW because obviously it has to be or penalties wouldn't happen to begin with. For example I've predicted Russia and Croatia to draw at 90 mins and then Russia to win but from this competition's point of view it doesn't matter HOW Russia win, I only get the bonus points if they do. If Croatia win after normal time either by ET or penalties then I lose one point.

luckyPeterpiper

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
It's great to be wrong!!!! YAY!!!!!!! Very Happy Laughing Twisted Evil bounce lol! ::dance:: :clap: :uk: :party: :biggrin: :drinks: :good: :drink: :toppoints: ::bwfcfan::

Sluffy

Admin
Woo-hoo, it's still coming home - for now anyway.

Obviously an England win after extra time and a Sweden win in normal time were the results today, so how did our game players do?

LT nailed both results for 6 points (2 for Sweden and 2 for the draw plus bonus 2 for the England win), Peter got the Sweden win for 2 points and had another 2 points for the England draw at 90 minutes but lost one of them by predicting the wrong winner of the match - so 3 points net (2 for Sweden and 2 minus 1 for the England game).

Boggars got both results wrong and so to did BTID - no points for either of them I'm afraid.

So LT now clear leader overall now with 32 points, Peter losing ground with 29 points, Boogers and BTID remain on 23 and 19 points respectfully.

But don't despair lads the bonuses (and jeopardies) increase now for the quarter final stage 3 points for a correct predicted outcome after 90 minutes - 3 points, a correct predicted outcome after 120 minutes - 3 points bonus, but a wrong prediction at 120 minutes for the outcome - a loss of 3 points!

So next games up - (on Friday) -

Uruguay v France
Brazil v Belgium (our loss to Belgium doesn't seem so bad now does it!)

Place your bets gentlemen.

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
France win normal time
Belgium win normal time

Leeds_Trotter

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
France to win AET
Brazil to win

BoltonTillIDie

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
Uruguay v France - Draw then Uruguay win AET
Brazil v Belgium - Draw then Belgium win AET

Leeds_Trotter

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
France AET
Brazil to win

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Leeds_Trotter wrote:France AET
Brazil to win

Have they already played once?

Leeds_Trotter

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Boggersbelief wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:France AET
Brazil to win

Have they already played once?

Ha not sure why I posted twice, forgot I had already posted tbh.

luckyPeterpiper

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Weirdest world cup ever. Brazil out to Belgium! What the ? Surprised ..dunno.. scratch scratch

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum