Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Is David Ngog the answer?

Is David Ngog the answer?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Is David Ngog the answer? on Mon Jun 11 2018, 15:49

Sluffy

Admin
I feel like I'm doing a Natasha type post here!

But think about it a few moments - 6 foot 3 inch striker, played just over a hundred Premier games, released on a free from Ross County and not having to have Owen Coyle as his manager!

OK he's crap but he must be on cheap wages these days and could play the Wilbraham role as a back up striker on the bench and played in cup games.

If we are still building a team around a tall striker, then why not have Ngog as say an emergency back up striker rather than have no one else to lump it up to if the Madine replacement is injured or suspended through the season.

No good, sorry I meant Ngog played 10 league games since January for Ross County in the Scottish Premier, so is sort of not completely non match fit, and if all he has to do is stand in the middle of the penalty area and get his head on Beevers lump ups - then why not?

(Not a serious suggestion but surely he could do a job for a lower league club these days don't you think?).

2 Re: Is David Ngog the answer? on Mon Jun 11 2018, 15:51

BoltonTillIDie

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
Short answer....No

3 Re: Is David Ngog the answer? on Mon Jun 11 2018, 15:54

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Sluffy wrote:I feel like I'm doing a Natasha type post here!

But think about it a few moments - 6 foot 3 inch striker, played just over a hundred Premier games, released on a free from Ross County and not having to have Owen Coyle as his manager!

OK he's crap but he must be on cheap wages these days and could play the Wilbraham role as a back up striker on the bench and played in cup games.

If we are still building a team around a tall striker, then why not have Ngog as say an emergency back up striker rather than have no one else to lump it up to if the Madine replacement is injured or suspended through the season.

No good, sorry I meant Ngog played 10 league games since January for Ross County in the Scottish Premier, so is sort of not completely non match fit, and if all he has to do is stand in the middle of the penalty area and get his head on Beevers lump ups - then why not?

(Not a serious suggestion but surely he could do a job for a lower league club these days don't you think?).

I doubt Ngog won a header in his whole Bolton career, so this thread is poorly researched.

You need to do better.

4 Re: Is David Ngog the answer? on Mon Jun 11 2018, 15:54

Sluffy

Admin
Christ I've just read Wanderlust's suggestion of signing Usain Bolt on the 'other football' thread - at least I was only joking when I started this thread for a bit of a laugh!

5 Re: Is David Ngog the answer? on Mon Jun 11 2018, 16:00

Norpig

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Unless the question is 'who was the worst centre forward signed by uncle Owen and the biggest waste of money' then it's a no.

6 Re: Is David Ngog the answer? on Mon Jun 11 2018, 16:03

BoltonTillIDie

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
Norpig wrote:Unless the question is 'who was the worst centre forward signed by uncle Owen and the biggest waste of money' then it's a no.

Not Marvin Sordell?

7 Re: Is David Ngog the answer? on Mon Jun 11 2018, 16:05

Norpig

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
BoltonTillIDie wrote:
Norpig wrote:Unless the question is 'who was the worst centre forward signed by uncle Owen and the biggest waste of money' then it's a no.

Not Marvin Sordell?
It's a close call but Ngog was worse.

8 Re: Is David Ngog the answer? on Mon Jun 11 2018, 16:23

xmiles

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

You beat me to it! Smile

9 Re: Is David Ngog the answer? on Mon Jun 11 2018, 16:26

xmiles

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Norpig wrote:
BoltonTillIDie wrote:

Not Marvin Sordell?
It's a close call but Ngog was worse.

Ngog was far worse. Sordell never got a chance to show how good (or bad) he was because that numpty Coyle never used him. Ngog spent hours on the pitch doing fuck all.

10 Re: Is David Ngog the answer? on Mon Jun 11 2018, 16:36

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Sluffy wrote:Christ I've just read Wanderlust's suggestion of signing Usain Bolt on the 'other football' thread - at least I was only joking when I started this thread for a bit of a laugh!

I'd take Bolt over Ngog every day of the week.

Imagine the crowds we'd get.

11 Re: Is David Ngog the answer? on Mon Jun 11 2018, 18:32

Cajunboy

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Sluffy wrote:Christ I've just read Wanderlust's suggestion of signing Usain Bolt on the 'other football' thread - at least I was only joking when I started this thread for a bit of a laugh!

I'd take Bolt over Ngog every day of the week.

Imagine the crowds we'd get.
I'm with Nat on this one.

12 Re: Is David Ngog the answer? on Tue Jun 12 2018, 09:56

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whereas I was deadly serious?

13 Re: Is David Ngog the answer? on Tue Jun 12 2018, 11:08

Sluffy

Admin
wanderlust wrote:

We KNOW you were.

14 Re: Is David Ngog the answer? on Tue Jun 12 2018, 13:45

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

We KNOW you were.
So what am I thinking now?

15 Re: Is David Ngog the answer? on Tue Jun 12 2018, 13:59

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
wanderlust wrote:So what am I thinking now?

Should I get my armchair reupholstered or buy a brand new one?

16 Re: Is David Ngog the answer? on Tue Jun 12 2018, 14:00

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Very Happy

17 Re: Is David Ngog the answer? on Tue Jun 12 2018, 16:06

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Sacrilege! My armchair is amply upholstered, has plenty of room to stash a brew and the only downside is I keep losing spare change down the crack. 
Bit like your arse really.

18 Re: Is David Ngog the answer? on Tue Jun 12 2018, 16:40

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Does your armchair have castors,Lusty? I always see them as an added bonus.

19 Re: Is David Ngog the answer? on Tue Jun 12 2018, 16:57

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
boltonbonce wrote:Does your armchair have castors,Lusty? I always see them as an added bonus.
Been taking tips from this fella?...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

20 Re: Is David Ngog the answer? on Tue Jun 12 2018, 17:29

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Some cunt from Borussia Dortmund claimed that Bolt had what it takes to play pro football. He’s worse than my nan

21 Re: Is David Ngog the answer? on Wed Jun 13 2018, 09:15

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
boltonbonce wrote:Does your armchair have castors,Lusty? I always see them as an added bonus.
No. Does Nat's arse?

22 Re: Is David Ngog the answer? on Wed Jun 13 2018, 10:10

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
wanderlust wrote:
No. Does Nat's arse?
I'm not sure castors would be suitable. There are other options. Fitting them might be the problem.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum