Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » The World Cup 2018 » The World Cup 2018 » We dont stand a chance based on one factor....

We dont stand a chance based on one factor....

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

y2johnny

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
....  the england team were allowed to request 4 channels for their rooms (i dont know why) so they requested;

Sky sports news (standard)

Bbc1 and itv1 for coverage of games in english.

And finally the reason these bunch of tarts wont get anywhere near the final..........

.....itv 2 so they can watch love island.

Fannies

Growler

David Lee
David Lee
The cricket team tried the opposite approach in the Ashes just gone - head straight to the pub from the plane, get pissed and headbutt the opposition.They were a good laugh in the pub but a disaster on the cricket field
I'm happy to give watching shit reality TV a go

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Why’s it matter what they watch?

y2johnny

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
Anyone who watches love island either has a fanny or is a fanny

Which one is it for you boggers

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Laughing

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I’ve never watched love island

Sluffy

Admin
I don't get these 'voyeuristic' programmes or why they are so popular with the masses?

I can't get my head around why anyone would want to follow a bunch of narcissitic egotists in programmes like Big Brother, Towie, Made in Chelsea and Love Island - what really is the point of them?

However after saying this I most certainly can understand why a bunch of overpaid, self-centred, narcisstically, egotistical footballers would want to.

y2johnny

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
Sluffy wrote:I don't get these 'voyeuristic' programmes or why they are so popular with the masses?

I can't get my head around why anyone would want to follow a bunch of narcissitic egotists in programmes like Big Brother, Towie, Made in Chelsea and Love Island - what really is the point of them?

However after saying this I most certainly can understand why a bunch of overpaid, self-centred, narcisstically, egotistical footballers would want to.
Fannies

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Sluffy wrote:I can't get my head around why anyone would want to follow a bunch of narcissitic egotists in programmes like Big Brother, Towie, Made in Chelsea and Love Island - what really is the point of them?

Couldn't you apply that logic to the current BWFC squad?

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
y2johnny wrote:....  the england team were allowed to request 4 channels for their rooms (i dont know why) so they requested;

And finally the reason these bunch of tarts wont get anywhere near the final..........

Fannies

Why on earth would they only be allowed 4 channels?

What a load of shite.

Sluffy

Admin
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Sluffy wrote:I can't get my head around why anyone would want to follow a bunch of narcissitic egotists in programmes like Big Brother, Towie, Made in Chelsea and Love Island - what really is the point of them?

Do you mean what's the point of BWFC players or do they watch Love Island?

I've no doubt you could and I've no doubt the majority of them will be avid viewers of Love Island etc.

I guess this is the bubble that they've been put in and enjoy.

It then becomes the sort of thing youngsters are 'fed' and aspire to via the media and peer pressure.  Many women seem to like to watch shows like this too (or at least the ones I seem to know do).

I guess people some how think these people on the telly are 'interesting' or look like people that they themselves want to aspire to be?

Not my sort of thing though, thankfully.

If you were asking what was the point of BWFC, then nothing really - it's just people playing a game to me - the only major difference is that they are playing it for my 'tribe' though.

Just a little thing that binds me to the town and people where I was born and raised and had so many happy days.

I guess it is more personal thing in a way.

y2johnny

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
Natasha Whittam wrote:
y2johnny wrote:....  the england team were allowed to request 4 channels for their rooms (i dont know why) so they requested;

Fannies

Why on earth would they only be allowed 4 channels?

What a load of shite.
Thats what it said on sky sports news.

BoltonTillIDie

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
Sluffy wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Do you mean what's the point of BWFC players or do they watch Love Island?

I've no doubt you could and I've no doubt the majority of them will be avid viewers of Love Island etc.

I guess this is the bubble that they've been put in and enjoy.

It then becomes the sort of thing youngsters are 'fed' and aspire to via the media and peer pressure.  Many women seem to like to watch shows like this too (or at least the ones I seem to know do).

I guess people some how think these people on the telly are 'interesting' or look like people that they themselves want to aspire to be?

Not my sort of thing though, thankfully.

If you were asking what was the point of BWFC, then nothing really - it's just people playing a game to me - the only major difference is that they are playing it for my 'tribe' though.

Just a little thing that binds me to the town and people where I was born and raised and had so many happy days.

I guess it is more personal thing in a way.

Like most TV shows it's there for entertainment.

Sluffy

Admin
BoltonTillIDie wrote:Like most TV shows it's there for entertainment.

Far to glib a statement.

It's basically a product that is being sold.

Programmes on commercial television are there to make money from advertisement slots sold in the breaks, and in and around and its start and finish, at the times when it is broadcast.

There is a science (and huge amounts of money to be earned) in creating and manipulating markets for the programmes to be made and targeted to specific demographics in the first place.

BoltonTillIDie

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
England's 2018 World Cup stars will have the choice of four UK TV channels in their hotel rooms in Russia.

With Gareth Southgate's men away for a minimum of two weeks, his star players will have plenty of free time on their hands.

Many of the England stars who participated in World Cup 2010 in South Africa complained of being bored, so something as simple as having UK TV channels will help keep the lads entertained.

The Three Lions arrived in Russia on Thursday ahead of their opening Group G game against Tunisia on Monday.

And while at their Repino base, England's stars can enjoy Sky Sports News, BBC1 and ITV and ITV2.

Not only will Harry Kane and co be able to watch all the other World Cup games taking place, but they now won't miss a minute of Love Island.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/england-stars-can-watch-love-12695488

y2johnny

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
Fannies

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Can’t they live without tv for a couple of weeks or even put up with local tv? 

It’s not like we will be in the competition long is it.

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Professional footballers live sheltered lives so they seldom get past the bleeding' obvious when it comes to music, film and TV. If they'd requested the Luis Bunuel retrospective box set that would have been news.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum