Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers News » David Wheater: I was three minutes away from a Bolton exit

David Wheater: I was three minutes away from a Bolton exit

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Leeds_Trotter

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
DAVID Wheater has revealed how his own Wanderers future hung in the balance during the final moments of last season.

The big centre-half qualified for a one-year extension on his contract at the Macron Stadium once he passed 30 appearances – but only if Bolton stayed out of League One.

Aaron Wilbraham’s late winner against Nottingham Forest means he will be pulling on a Wanderers shirt for a ninth consecutive season, with Wheater’s new deal confirmed by the club last week.

“I’ve never felt like that at the end of a game, even when I scored to make it two piece I just didn’t know if we’d make it,” he told The Bolton News. “We only had a few minutes left.

“I only got an extra year if we stayed up and, honestly, I was stood there thinking about my daughter who’s turned four and we’re looking at schools and thinking ‘what am I going to do if we have to move?’

“I can remember seeing 87 minutes tick over. When Albi scored I must have sprinted 100 metres. I was fist-bumping everything. I’d have loved to see what was happening on the bench, and just behind the bench, because it was manic on the pitch.”

Wheater admits the Wanderers dressing room was sad to say goodbye to captain Darren Pratley, whose release was also confirmed last week.

Phil Parkinson took the decision to release the 32-year-old midfielder – who had fulfilled the skipper’s role for most of the last three years – alongside Karl Henry and Aaron Wilbraham.

Wheater, Wanderers’ longest-serving player, has known Pratley since he arrived on a free transfer from Swansea City under Owen Coyle in 2011. And the defender believes his team-mate was, at times, under-appreciated by the Bolton fans.

“Prats always gave everything,” he told The Bolton News. “I think he played well but the fans always gave him a hard time. He was a good captain, always a claiming influence on everyone. It’s good to have that mix in a dressing room of different characters.”

Meanwhile, Wanderers were last night waiting on a final piece of paperwork from Erhun Oztumer's medical before announcing the former Walsall man as an official player last night.



Source



Last edited by Leeds_Trotter on Wed Jun 13 2018, 11:30; edited 3 times in total

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
If you're being understudy to KP for copy & pasting stuff from the BN at least have the decency to put it in a proper font.

Lazy.

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Natasha Whittam wrote:If you're being understudy to KP for copy & pasting stuff from the BN at least have the decency to put it in a proper font.

Lazy.
Laughing

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Poor training. KP should be reported to Nuts HR.

Leeds_Trotter

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Natasha Whittam wrote:If you're being understudy to KP for copy & pasting stuff from the BN at least have the decency to put it in a proper font.

Lazy.
Sorted

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
Leeds_Trotter wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:If you're being understudy to KP for copy & pasting stuff from the BN at least have the decency to put it in a proper font.

Lazy.
Sorted

Just a little tip to those who may find difference in the font size when copying and pasting from somewhere else on to Nuts.

I find that clicking on the very last icon above the posting section - the one that looks like a sheet of paper with lines on it - seems to does the trick - at least for me.

If I want highlight something however, I have to click back to the original setting first.

Hope this helps and thank you to the person who first taught me that.


Leeds_Trotter

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Sluffy wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:If you're being understudy to KP for copy & pasting stuff from the BN at least have the decency to put it in a proper font.

Lazy.
Sorted

Just a little tip to those who may find difference in the font size when copying and pasting from somewhere else on to Nuts.

I find that clicking on the very last icon above the posting section - the one that looks like a sheet of paper with lines on it - seems to does the trick - at least for me.

If I want highlight something however, I have to click back to the original setting first.

Hope this helps and thank you to the person who first taught me that.



I usually copy as plain text via a phone. I did change it to Comic Sans though just to wind Nat up.  Razz

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Sluffy wrote:Hope this helps and thank you to the person who first taught me that.



Pleasure.

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Leeds_Trotter wrote:I usually copy as plain text via a phone. I did change it to Comic Sans though just to wind Nat up.  Razz

You ruined my day you bitch.

Leeds_Trotter

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:I usually copy as plain text via a phone. I did change it to Comic Sans though just to wind Nat up.  Razz

You ruined my day you bitch.

Pleasure.

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Sluffy wrote:Hope this helps and thank you to the person who first taught me that.



Pleasure.

You're welcome.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum