Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICIAL - Wanderers confirm departure of Filipe Morais

+4
rammywhite
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
Leeds_Trotter
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Bolton Wanderers can confirm that Filipe Morais will not be offered a new deal when his contract with the club concludes at the end of the month.

The winger arrived at Macron Stadium in February 2017 and played a key role in helping Wanderers achieve promotion to the Sky Bet Championship at the end of that campaign.

In total, he made 56 appearances for the Whites in all competitions, scoring three goals.

The club would like to thank Filipe for his contributions and wishes him well for the future.

Source

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

This one hurts a little, Fil has been brilliant for the club and one of the main reasons we gained promotion.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think that's a mistake. He's the only one in the whole squad who can cross a ball, plus he's a utility player of sort as he can play a couple of positions.

Parky out.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Shame, he seemed to do a good job for us over the last two seasons.

I guess we must have better coming in and/or he wanted a longer contract than we were prepared to offer him.

Best of luck to him wherever he ends up.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I agree- he was a decent player. We should have kept him for another season

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Christ. No ambition on here. He wasnt up to the level required

All depends who comes in, Parky needs all the budget he can get his hands on so if Morais goes but an improvement comes in I’m happy.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Surprised by this, but presume we are after someone better or cheaper.

Surely better, Morais must have been cheap. Another good signing by Parky though, nice to have a manager who can spot a bargain.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is it true he only found out on twitter? Pretty shabby if so. Never mind,we've still got Brickfeet.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:Is it true he only found out on twitter? Pretty shabby if so. Never mind,we've still got Brickfeet.

According to Iles it is -

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk/t18017-filipe-morais-told-of-bolton-wanderers-exit-via-a-tweet

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

very poorly handled if he found out via twitter, he deserved much better.

For what it's worth i would have kept him for another year.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:very poorly handled if he found out via twitter, he deserved much better.

For what it's worth i would have kept him for another year.

There are two sides to every story don't forget (it seems most have on twitter have anyway!).

Iles has made a big thing recently of Parkinson telling players face to face if they are going to be released or not.

Apparently Morais hasn't been in the country for a number of weeks.

Maybe he's not been picking up his calls and messages for some reason or another?

Rather reserve judgement until full story comes out.

Iles out of order breaking the story without giving both sides comments was out of order in my opinion.

He does himself no favours at times.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just signed for Crawley on a 3 year deal

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Crawley Town bring in Championship winger Albion fans might just remember

Crawley have made their second signing of the day – by bringing in a winger from the Championship.
Filipe Morais is on board at the Broadfield Stadium on a three-year deal.
He joins his former Bradford team-mate Romain Vincelot in putting pen to paper.
Morais, 32, appeared 33 times in the Championship last season for Bolton, of which 17 were starts.
The tricky Portuguese winger scored for Bradford in their famous FA Cup win at Chelsea in 2014-15.
His previous clubs also include Oldham, Stevenage and Millwall.
He had a trial period with Albion during the summer of 2010.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/16366180.crawley-town-bring-in-championship-winger-albion-fans-might-just-remember/

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They must be paying him well as he is far better than league 2. Good luck to him anyway.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum