Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Millwall tracking Bolton Wanderers keeper Ben Amos

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

WANDERERS could offload out-of-favour keeper Ben Amos to Millwall, if the price is right.
Rumours are rife that the former Manchester United man is wanted by the Lions on a season-long loan.
Phil Parkinson is willing to let him play elsewhere for the final year of his contract but only if a considerable portion of his reported £16,000-a-week wage is taken off the books.
Charlton Athletic only paid around a quarter of that sum to loan the 28-year-old last season, much to the chagrin of the Wanderers’ hierarchy.

But with Wanderers’ finances seemingly in a much more secure state than they were 12 months ago, Amos will only be allowed to leave the Macron if the deal is considered advantageous.
Ex-Bolton goalkeeper coach Lee Turner worked with Amos last season at The Valley and has now moved to Millwall to work in the Championship.
It is understood Turner has recommended Amos to Lions boss Neil Harris, who is looking for someone to pose a serious challenge to last season’s number one, Jordan Archer.
Amos said in an interview with the South London Press that he is preparing to return to Wanderers for pre-season not knowing whether he will be training as a member of the first team.

“I’ve not spoken to anyone at the club,” he said. “I imagine it will be a similar situation to last season, where I’m expecting not to go away with them in pre-season. I’m expecting games to be played, that kind of thing. I’m ready for all of that.
“I’m ready to go in every day, whether that is training with the first team or the under-18s I’ll give it my all every day, as I always will.
“I didn’t really get a pre-season under my belt last season because Bolton did not take me away with the first-team. I was training with the under-23s. It probably took me three or four weeks under LT’s (Lee Turner’s) guidance to get up to match fitness.
“He was keen to help me improve and I felt that happened every day. I had the same feeling when I worked with him for a little bit at Bolton.”

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/16296763.Wanderers_willing_to_do_business_on_Amos____If_the_price_is_right/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum