You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » The World Cup 2018 » The World Cup 2018 » England 6-1 Panama

England 6-1 Panama

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 England 6-1 Panama on Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:13 pm

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Was it a very convincing win against a team that has never been in the World Cup before or are we still the same? 

Can we go far in the competition from looking at this result?

Verdicts please!

2 Re: England 6-1 Panama on Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:15 pm

BoltonTillIDie

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
It’s coming home

3 Re: England 6-1 Panama on Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:19 pm

Leeds_Trotter

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
It was just like watching Bolton. Razz

4 Re: England 6-1 Panama on Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:53 pm

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Good first half, absolute crap second half.

We look good going forward and will cause most teams problems, but our defence is bobbins and we'll get torn a new one when we play good opposition.

I was warming to Southgate, but his second half substitutions were bonkers. Why bring Rose & Delph on who are nothing but back up players in case of injury, he should have had Rashford on at least because he is a game changer, but is very much a confidence player. Not getting on ahead of Vardy, Delph & Rose won't do him any good.

And if I was Harry Kane I would be seething tonight. He could have had a couple more goals if Southgate hadn't rested him.

5 Re: England 6-1 Panama on Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:58 pm

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Got the job done early and naturally eased off. Clever game management

6 Re: England 6-1 Panama on Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:29 pm

T.R.O.Y

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Loved it, but not getting carried away - defence was highly questionable.

Not sure why Delph got game time - I’d like to think Rose starts at LB for Belgium though.

7 Re: England 6-1 Panama on Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:20 pm

Growler

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
It was a crap second half performance, the opportunity was there to score 8 or 9 against a poor side and go into the Belgium match knowing a draw was good enough for top place.
Maybe we were playing to finish 2nd in the group and on paper have an easier quarter final against Mexico/Switzerland rather than against Brazil/Germany if we top the group.

8 Re: England 6-1 Panama on Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:28 pm

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Growler wrote:It was a crap second half performance, the opportunity was there to score 8 or 9 against a poor side and go into the Belgium match knowing a draw was good enough for top place.
Maybe we were playing to finish 2nd in the group and on paper have an easier quarter final against Mexico/Switzerland rather than against Brazil/Germany if we top the group.
I thought that Group G winners and runners up play same from Group H and the winners of those games play each other so the likeliest scenario if England do well is that we'll get Belgium again in the QF?

As for today's game, whilst it was obvious that they were taking it easy second half we counted 5 goals that a better team than Panama would have scored against us. Vardy didn't do much when he came on which was disappointing and it was a bit of an anticlimax when they didn't push on for more goals.

9 Re: England 6-1 Panama on Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:57 pm

Growler

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
wanderlust wrote:
Growler wrote:
I thought that Group G winners and runners up play same from Group H and the winners of those games play each other so the likeliest scenario if England do well is that we'll get Belgium again in the QF?

No we wouldnt meet Belgium again until the Final.England and Belgium would play the Brazil/Germany groups in the quarter final if they make it that far.

Brazil will be aware that if they win their group they are odds on to play Germany in the next round, maybe they will try and avoid that by finishing 2nd?

10 Re: England 6-1 Panama on Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:19 am

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Looks like some of the media are getting a bit carried away after two wins against lowly opposition, but I guess it was bound to happen. I suppose "England do pretty much what was expected" isn't a paper-selling headline so they are going for being in with a chance of winning it before we've even played a top ten team. 
I'm still hopeful we can do well, but we still haven't seen the team perform well for the full 90 minutes and they have conceded a couple of preventable goals so I won't be jumping on the bandwagon just yet.
With one of Japan, Colombia or Senegal in the round of 16 I'm not sure of the importance of winning the group because I'd expect England to see off any of those to get to the QF. Anything beyond that would be a bonus.

11 Re: England 6-1 Panama on Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:31 am

Leeds_Trotter

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I'm concerned about our lack of goals from open play. Teams like Belguim & France won't defend corners like Tunisia and Panama have.

12 Re: England 6-1 Panama on Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:43 am

BoltonTillIDie

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
We scored 6 goals, I'm happy with the amount of goals we are scoring Very Happy

13 Re: England 6-1 Panama on Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:11 am

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
It would have been nice to have kept a clean sheet though.

Panama would be more suited to playing rugby as well the dirty bastards.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum