Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pint of Wheater please.

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Pint of Wheater please. Empty Pint of Wheater please. Tue Jun 26 2018, 19:30

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bank Top Brewery, a familiar name to those local to the Bolton area, have named their latest beer after Wanderers defender David Wheater in a homage to the club’s longest serving player.
The company, which brews over 22,000 pints per week in their custom built 11 barrel brew plant located in Astley Bridge, have been supporters of the Whites since the organisation’s inception back in 1995 and were proud hosts of the club’s three successful player sponsor events during the 2017/18 campaign.
And following the Trotters’ dramatic last day survival, Bank Top took the decision to name one of their new drinks after our No.31, with Wheater himself visiting their base to oversee the brewing process and lend a hand along the way earlier this summer.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And speaking following the unveiling of the beer, Wheater said, “It’s been really enjoyable to be involved in all this and I’d like to thank Bank Top Brewery for being so kind to name the beer after me and let me be involved in the whole process.
“It was a really interesting experience and it’s a great feeling to have my name associated with a proud Bolton brand.
“I’ve been at the club for nearly eight years now and I really do consider Bolton home, so to have been honoured in such a way is something I’m extremely proud of.”
Dave Sweeney of Bank Top Brewery meanwhile echoed David’s sentiments when adding, "Creating a wheat-infused beer is something that we've been looking to do for a while, as opposed to just a wheat beer.
"Given David's goal in the last match of the season against Nottingham Forest, we thought it would be the perfect way to celebrate the club's survival and his commitment to the Whites.
"It was a pleasure to work with him and I hope people enjoy the beer. We were very impressed with David's brewing skills and he may have a career to fall into after he retires - hopefully that won't be for a long time yet however!"
Bank Top only use the finest raw ingredients, including malt from Warminster Maltings (Britain’s oldest working floor malting) and an international range of whole hops from Charles Faram and Company (merchants of hops and hop products for over 100 years).
They do not use any artificial colours or flavourings, and all their flavours are solely achieved by the careful variation of ingredients and methods.
Bank Top Brewery are a member of SIBA, the Society of Independent Brewers, a trade association established to promote and protect the interests of independent breweries.
As SIBA members, they aim to preserve the traditional styles and methods of brewing while at the same time raising the profile of craft beer.
‘Super Wheats’ is available to buy at Bank Top’s public house The Tap which is located on Belmont Road in Astley Bridge.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum