Bolton Nuts » The World Cup 2018 » The World Cup 2018 » Columbia v England

Columbia v England

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

91 Re: Columbia v England on Thu Jul 05 2018, 19:11

T.R.O.Y

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Not sure the ref even checked VAR and if he wasn’t watching Kane/Sanchez at that point then would have missed the Kane push.

I’m not bothered to be honest, feel as if we’ve had a lot of rough luck at tournaments passed so this one going our way helps. 

Overall I think VAR has been a success, most big decisions have been called correctly, but the ref against colombia was clearly out of his depth (despite being highly experienced).

92 Re: Columbia v England on Fri Jul 06 2018, 11:48

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
You're all waffling on about one decision in a game when the ref had a lot on his plate. What got my goat was Falcao suggesting that the American ref favoured England throughout. In fact both he and the cheating Argie coke head suggested that the fact that an American was chosen was suspicious, implying a FIFA scandal.

That would be the American ref who only gave Barrios a yellow card for a head butt?
Would Colombia have had any complaints if they'd had to play more than half the match with 10 men? Probably.

93 Re: Columbia v England on Fri Jul 06 2018, 12:36

Sluffy

Admin
wanderlust wrote:You're all waffling on about one decision in a game when the ref had a lot on his plate. What got my goat was Falcao suggesting that the American ref favoured England throughout. In fact both he and the cheating Argie coke head suggested that the fact that an American was chosen was suspicious, implying a FIFA scandal.

That would be the American ref who only gave Barrios a yellow card for a head butt?
Would Colombia have had any complaints if they'd had to play more than half the match with 10 men? Probably.

Well fwiw my point was about how the VAR system wasn't doing the job it was supposed to do.

One of the England players (Stones iirc) also did a head butt in that game - threw his head back into the face of one of their players - which was clearly picked up by the cameras, so he should have been sent off too - and both teams play with 10 a side.

I don't think VAR looks into things like this (?) only key decisions like penalty decisions and have they been awarded correctly (hence my point over the Kane foul in the build up to the penalty) - but if that's the case, then an incident that would lead to a player being dismissed would be a key decision imo.

My whole point (and remember I've been a big advocate of having VAR introduced into football) is that VAR is random in its decision making and not achieving what it set out to do.

That being the case then what's the point of it?  We might as well just go back to how it's always been and avoid the referee running to the side lines to watch on a TV screen the video of the match he's refing - if they are only showing them random incidents of the game?

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum