Bolton Nuts » The World Cup 2018 » The World Cup 2018 » Sweden v England

Sweden v England

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

31 Re: Sweden v England on Sat Jul 07 2018, 19:02

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Bollocks to all that. ENGLAND have been the stand out team, we made a side who got through a qualifying group made up of teams much better than them, a team who beat Italy to qualify for the World Cup, a team who made it through another group including Mexico and Germany look absolutely dogshit today. 

We can do this

32 Re: Sweden v England on Sat Jul 07 2018, 23:47

luckyPeterpiper

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Boggers, I believe we CAN do it but I think Belgium are more likely to. In truth this is the strangest World Cup I can remember and I can't believe how many of the 'big' teams have so utterly failed to produce anything like what they're supposed to be capable of.

With that said I do believe we WILL beat Croatia on Wednesday. I thought they and Russia were actually quite poor tonight. It was an entertaining match in its way but the skill levels on display were nothing like the game between Belgium and Brazil or even us v Sweden. The goals were quite nice but the rest of the play was pretty scrappy and the penalty shoot out was dire. I had to check the guys in red weren't actually us given how bad their penalty taking was. Smile

33 Re: Sweden v England on Sun Jul 08 2018, 00:05

Growler

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
Croatia winning the shoot out rained on the parade a tad.What an occasion Russia v England in Moscow would have been. Croatia doesn't have the same sense of occasion and its a tougher match.
I think we'll get through the tie,  but I also think they have a slightly better midfield than us.One of them plays for Real Madrid and another for Barcelona which speaks for itself.
I think we have a better defence, more pace, more energy and a better striker which should be enough

34 Re: Sweden v England on Sun Jul 08 2018, 00:07

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
What a fabulous day despite starting with a hangover and being forced to drink Fuller's London Pride to sort it out. 

Great result and some promising play from England. Bring on Croatia - I hope they're knackered and play as badly as they have done in their last two games. Can't wait for Wednesday.

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum