Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton players strike!!

+19
finlaymcdanger
Cajunboy
Kane57
Norpig
wanderlust
y2johnny
rammywhite
Sluffy
Leeds_Trotter
luckyPeterpiper
wessy
Growler
Natasha Whittam
observer
MartinBWFC
Reebok Trotter
boltonbonce
Boggersbelief
BoltonTillIDie
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 11]

151Bolton players strike!! - Page 9 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Mon Jul 09 2018, 22:04

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy,the trick is to stop digging. Not buying a bigger shovel. Very Happy

152Bolton players strike!! - Page 9 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Mon Jul 09 2018, 22:08

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:Sluffy,the trick is to stop digging. Not buying a bigger shovel. Very Happy

If you say so Bonce.

153Bolton players strike!! - Page 9 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Mon Jul 09 2018, 22:16

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Ffs, i know why i didnt post for 3 weeks.  Pointless

154Bolton players strike!! - Page 9 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Mon Jul 09 2018, 22:31

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The North West Today story - starts around 11.45 in and lasts for about three minutes -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

155Bolton players strike!! - Page 9 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Mon Jul 09 2018, 22:34

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:The North West Today story - starts around 11.45 in and lasts for about three minutes -

Would you mind summarizing for those of us who cannot get IPlayer to work on this side of the pond?  Thx.

156Bolton players strike!! - Page 9 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Mon Jul 09 2018, 22:53

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

observer wrote:
Sluffy wrote:The North West Today story - starts around 11.45 in and lasts for about three minutes -

Would you mind summarizing for those of us who cannot get IPlayer to work on this side of the pond?  Thx.

Nothing new discovered from the item.

They set up the story, gave a great deal of Anderson's reply to the players.

Iles (who they introduced as the club reporter who has spoken to the players) basically said bonuses hadn't been paid before and when they weren't paid in June they had a meeting up in Scotland and decided they would go on strike if they hadn't received their money on Friday.

They spoke to two fans about the damage the strike had made to possible player recruitment and both didn't seem to be too sympathetic to the players and one said they didn't consider the fans or the reputation of the club.

They than spoke to a Steve Battersby long time Wanderers fan and an accountant who basically said Anderson could not take the team further from his own personal finances (I've no idea how he would ever know that?).

It ends with a summary saying the club is broke and at war with itself and what would Nat Lofthouse made of all this?

On the whole negative press towards the club, with if anything the players coming out worst as no one (apart from perhaps Iles) showed them any support and much of the statement of Anderson read out blasting them.

I don't know if anybody viewed it differently to me?

157Bolton players strike!! - Page 9 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Mon Jul 09 2018, 22:56

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:
observer wrote:

Nothing new discovered from the item.

They set up the story, gave a great deal of Anderson's reply to the players.

Iles (who they introduced as the club reporter who has spoken to the players) basically said bonuses hadn't been paid before and when they weren't paid in June they had a meeting up in Scotland and decided they would go on strike if they hadn't received their money on Friday.

They spoke to two fans about the damage the strike had made to possible player recruitment and both didn't seem to be too sympathetic to the players and one said they didn't consider the fans or the reputation of the club.

They than spoke to a Steve Battersby long time Wanderers fan and an accountant who basically said Anderson could not take the team further from his own personal finances (I've no idea how he would ever know that?).

It ends with a summary saying the club is broke and at war with itself and what would Nat Lofthouse made of all this?

On the whole negative press towards the club, with if anything the players coming out worst as no one (apart from perhaps Iles) showed them any support and much of the statement of Anderson read out blasting them.

I don't know if anybody viewed it differently to me?

Thx... I hope a points deduction is not in our near future.

158Bolton players strike!! - Page 9 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Tue Jul 10 2018, 06:58

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Sluffy wrote:
Dunkels King wrote:Pointless giving a reasonable answer on here. Everyone knows (or wants to believe) that Ken pocketed the Madine 6 million and sold the Macron to the soup Dragon from The Clangers for 30 million and pocketed that aswell.

To be fair DK the vast majority on here will accept reasonable answers - in respect of the club/the Anderson's - Wanderlust being probably they only regular who tends not to.

We do get one or two anti-Anderson's on here but more often than they only pop on to troll.

Good to see you posting so much today, it's quite a while since you did so, hope you decide to stick around and post a whole lot more from now on.

I work 14 days on/14 days off 12 hour shifts now so I have actually more free time than in the past. So I might well post more. For me, this Anderson thing is becoming tiring. He does look like a dodgy geezer. He probably is a dodgy geezer. However, I think we would have been fucked without him. Most likely we would be non league now playing our home games at Horwich RMI or somewhere similar, with no hope of ever getting back in to the League. We are in the second tier of English football without a penny to spend. We already know we spend way more than we generate. Even if Anderson had took a big wedge of the Madine money, who could really blame him if he has been keeping the club alive on his own ? The truth will be there in the next annual accounts no doubt. Let’s hope the players haven’t made it any worse with their dumb ass strike action.

159Bolton players strike!! - Page 9 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Tue Jul 10 2018, 08:08

As I’ve said plenty of credit due to Anderson for keeping the club afloat, and I don’t buy he’s pocketed the Madine money given the loss the clubs been making and debts still to pay.

However, he took a risk and clearly underestimated the lengths the players would go to to get paid - and to make matters worse then launched a statement trying to scapegoat Amos while turning fans against players. It’s been handled poorly from start to finish.

160Bolton players strike!! - Page 9 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Tue Jul 10 2018, 08:46

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

T.R.O.Y wrote:As I’ve said plenty of credit due to Anderson for keeping the club afloat, and I don’t buy he’s pocketed the Madine money given the loss the clubs been making and debts still to pay.

However, he took a risk and clearly underestimated the lengths the players would go to to get paid - and to make matters worse then launched a statement trying to scapegoat Amos while turning fans against players. It’s been handled poorly from start to finish.
I agree with most of that.

I think both sides acted hastily and the players let the fans down.  And lets face it, to travel to st mirren for a pre season friendly, they are the hardcore fans.  And they are the ones that are pissed off with the players.

Anyway, it all looks like it is getting sorted and new players are coming in so onwards and upwards

161Bolton players strike!! - Page 9 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Tue Jul 10 2018, 10:46

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:As I’ve said plenty of credit due to Anderson for keeping the club afloat, and I don’t buy he’s pocketed the Madine money given the loss the clubs been making and debts still to pay.

I think both sides acted hastily and the players let the fans down.  And lets face it, to travel to st mirren for a pre season friendly, they are the hardcore fans.  And they are the ones that are pissed off with the players.

Anyway, it all looks like it is getting sorted and new players are coming in so onwards and upwards
Both sides did act hastily and unwisely, but Anderson started it and then compounded the problem.

162Bolton players strike!! - Page 9 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Tue Jul 10 2018, 13:34

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

wanderlust wrote:
y2johnny wrote:

Both sides did act hastily and unwisely, but Anderson started it and then compounded the problem.
You dont know for sure he did.  Maybe he did start a dialogue but the players where playing hardball.  We dont know the facts.  End of.

163Bolton players strike!! - Page 9 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Tue Jul 10 2018, 13:43

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

y2johnny wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
y2johnny wrote:

You dont know for sure he did.  Maybe he did start a dialogue but the players where playing hardball.  We dont know the facts.  End of.
We only know the end result... no game played and our season starting on the wrong foot (again)!  Something precipitated the animosity... and we have no clue as Johnny points out.

164Bolton players strike!! - Page 9 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Tue Jul 10 2018, 17:06

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy, you really have lost the plot mate. I wasn’t gonna get involved until you clearly fixed the prediction comp, now you can fuck off

165Bolton players strike!! - Page 9 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Tue Jul 10 2018, 17:10

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

DK, regards your post about claiming my fuel costs from the players, I believe I have more chance of flying to the moon.
Lets be honest, has anyone, anywhere, ever heard of any Bolton fan being reimbursed for anything ? For many years its been take, take, take, but because we are loyal to our club, we let it slide, and in turn, expect nothing. (I still haven't got a snowballs chance in hell of getting anything for the £1000 I paid for shares, some years ago).

166Bolton players strike!! - Page 9 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Tue Jul 10 2018, 19:12

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I agree with sluffy that there is more going on here than meets the eye.
Have the players had some of their bonus rather than all of it?
Has Ken only paid the part of Amos wage that BWFC were going to pay and waiting for Charlton to pay us?
Are the fans being used to blackmail the owner to pay the full bonus rather than the whole?
Strange that the PFA were only called in on Monday, if the way Marc illes writes the report is correct.
Alot of anti Anderson's assume he hasn't got the money, but he's passed the financial assessment and PFA could file for bankruptcy if the club isn't paying it's bills, and some how I don't see that as likely.

I think this is an engineered argument. The players because they want all their money now, not just part. The owner because he wants a showdown with PFA and players so he can pay the bonus in August and doesn't see why he should pay all of Amos wages now and have to wait for Charlton

I suspect that's somewhere near the truth.

Could be wrong, but seems to me if I am and Ken doesn't have the money, we won't be playing in the championship next season, which is only a few weeks away.

167Bolton players strike!! - Page 9 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Tue Jul 10 2018, 19:56

Aren’t charlton only paying 25% of Amos wages? In which case surely us not paying would have come to light by now?

168Bolton players strike!! - Page 9 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Tue Jul 10 2018, 20:04

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

T.R.O.Y wrote:Aren’t charlton only paying 25% of Amos wages? In which case surely us not paying would have come to light by now?

But if we'd already paid the 75% and Charlton had paid their 25% to BWFC, then why should we pay the 25% is what I'm saying. This assumes that for convenience that Charlton pay the 25% of the Amos wage to BWFC which I know is the way they do it.

Therefore Amos has had 3/4 of his wage but not the full amount. Yet he's still bleating than he's not been paid?

169Bolton players strike!! - Page 9 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Tue Jul 10 2018, 20:04

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Hello and welcome Nigel.

It does seem somewhat odd that big personality's like Wheater and players that could have found other clubs like Ameobi were happy to sign back up for another season if it was apparently so shit last season regarding getting paid - as the players statement tried to make out as part of their excuse to go on what I'm convinced was an unauthorised strike (a wildcat one it used to be called back in the bad old days of striking at the drop of a hat).

As you say Anderson clearly has the money not only now but to see the new season through otherwise the EFL would not let us even start the season.

It's a real shame that there's been such an anti-Anderson agenda that's been held by a relatively few - particularly the ST and many involved in the LoV (check out this writer for them that proudly proclaims on his twitter account - Andersons Out - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ).

The continual fanning the flames of hatred towards Ken and his son, has attracted many who clearly can't think for themselves or simply just follow the crowd.  The groundless allegations that KA has taken £525,000 in wages and LA £125,000 are nothing more than fake news - there is nothing in the clubs accounts about them, that's for certain, yet the gormless believe all that they are told.  Fake news rules in respect of the Andersons for many to believe, never once considering if it is actually true or not.

Should he have paid Amos wage and player bonuses on time sure he should - but he held them back beyond the 5th July to offset PAYE payments on them for another month - yes maybe a bit of sharp practice but the millionaire players wouldn't have starved just for a couple of weeks waiting for their bonuses (they had their wages paid already remember) and Amos had already been paid £16k x 48 weeks up to the late June wage payment which totals £768,000 - are you telling me the whole team had to go on strike just to pay him yet another £64,000 for the month - I can't see it myself.

There's more to it than this in my opinion - maybe it was some sort of payback to how they felt Morais was treated, or maybe they wanted to have a clear day to watch the England match, or perhaps it goes much deeper but it isn't just about late payment of bonuses for a couple of weeks.

I doubt Ken engineered the strike, I would suspect he simply called their bluff knowing that they could not strike legally in the time they had leading up to the St Mirren game and got a shock when the numpties did - hopefully he'll fine them two weeks wages and with the money refund the fans out of pocket due to their selfish and inconsideration of the fans who travelled and have been out of pocket because of it.

Anyway Nigel welcome aboard and hope you like it here with us on Bolton Nuts!

170Bolton players strike!! - Page 9 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Tue Jul 10 2018, 20:58

Nigelbwfc wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:Aren’t charlton only paying 25% of Amos wages? In which case surely us not paying would have come to light by now?

But if we'd already paid the 75% and Charlton had paid their 25% to BWFC, then why should we pay the 25% is what I'm saying. This assumes that for convenience that Charlton pay the 25% of the Amos wage to BWFC which I know is the way they do it.

Therefore Amos has had 3/4 of his wage but not the full amount. Yet he's still bleating than he's not been paid?

Sorry mate really don’t follow to be honest?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum