Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » The World Cup 2018 » The World Cup 2018 » Are fans getting too carried away celebrating?

Are fans getting too carried away celebrating?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Leeds_Trotter

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Throughout the WC I've seen alot of video of fans celebrating up and down the country after games.

Now I don't mind people coming together and celebrating, it's great to see. However some people have started taking things a little too far.

I saw a post by one woman who posted the following.
I’m not posting this for any sympathy or attention, I just want to show you the effects and repercussions of what throwing glass objects in a crowd can do.

Tuesday 3rd July I was watching the England vs Columbia match in a pub in Yarm. When England scored the last penalty the entire pub erupted in celebration. Pint glasses and glass bottles were being thrown in all directions, unfortunately I got caught in the cross fire and my forehead was split open, narrowly missing my eye.

I spent the remainder of the night in A&E where they told me the laceration was so deep it had cut through the muscle and nerves. They informed me I would need plastic surgery to repair the wound and the likelihood of having feeling above my right eye again was slim to none.

After almost 48 hours with no sleep and over 20 hours with no food or drink I finally went down to theatre last night. Thankfully the operation went well and I’m on the way to recovery however if the glass had hit me any lower I’d have lost the sight in my right eye.

It takes you 1 second to throw your glass yet I’m left with a lasting scar on my face. Please use your own head and think before potentially ruining someone else’s x

Now this morning I came across this article in the Mirror about fans trashing an ambulance in London.

There are many other examples out there, but what do you think? Are fans getting a little too carried away?

Last edited by Leeds_Trotter on Sun Jul 08 2018, 12:06; edited 1 time in total

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Alcohol and groups of young men do not mix. But it's nothing new. I simply don't go in pubs anymore.

And I'm a lot safer for it.

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
A friend of mine had to watch the match at home as she was looking after her elderly mum. 
She wore her England oven glove (singular - she'd lost the other one) throughout the game.

Norpig

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Those idiots who trashed a first responder vehicle need to be found and made to pay to get that car back on the road. As for throwing glasses around my mind boggles. Having been a victim of a glassing i can sympathise with the lady who got hit.

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
There's a distinction to be made between "fans" and idiots who tag along with the crowd.

Leeds_Trotter

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Here is a couple of photo's of the lady who posted about the injury she sustained during the game.

*Warning graphic content*:

Norpig

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I read this morning one of the skanks who was on top of the ambulance has been identified and Police are going to pay her a visit  Very Happy
It also said Millwall fans have started raising money to get the car back on the road and have raised nearly £8000 towards it, well done Millwall fans!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum