Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

Last Match: Reading 0-1 Bolton
Next Match: Bolton v Birmingham - 22/08/2018 20:00
PLAYER RATINGS: Reading 0-1 Bolton (details)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Time for Anderson to deliver

Time for Anderson to deliver

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

151 Re: Time for Anderson to deliver on Sun Jul 29 2018, 19:25

Growler


Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
There hasn't been a public apology from the players. Ken claimed they were sorry .We got nothing to confirm that from the players, let alone a whip round for the fans travel expenses,  which spoke volumes to me.

152 Re: Time for Anderson to deliver on Sun Jul 29 2018, 22:35

Maurice Greene


David Ngog
David Ngog
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:There’s no disagreeing with the last point, contractual law makes that pretty clear.

In the interest of balance, you cannot just quote one side of the story without quoting the opposite claim, as none of us know what the claimed breaches of contract by either side are. Surely contractual law applies to both sides?

153 Re: Time for Anderson to deliver on Sun Jul 29 2018, 22:56

T.R.O.Y


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
There’s no other side to it, I’m making a general point about the law itself. And failure to pay staff or suppliers is not being a ‘tough negotiator’, it’s just being an arsehole.

Whether that’s the case at the club none of us know.

154 Re: Time for Anderson to deliver on Sun Jul 29 2018, 23:40

Maurice Greene


David Ngog
David Ngog
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:There’s no other side to it, I’m making a general point about the law itself. And failure to pay staff or suppliers is not being a ‘tough negotiator’, it’s just being an arsehole.

Whether that’s the case at the club none of us know.

Sorry, but I have to disagree, as you only call Ken Anderson “an arsehole”. If Paul Heathcote is failing to pay monies owed to BWFC, does that not also make him an arsehole then?

155 Re: Time for Anderson to deliver on Mon Jul 30 2018, 07:17

T.R.O.Y


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Sorry thought I was being clear - it’s a gerneral point about what constitutes being a tough negotiator. Like you I’ve no idea about what’s going on behind the scenes so not calling anyone in this situation an arsehole.

156 Re: Time for Anderson to deliver on Mon Jul 30 2018, 11:01

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
The extent to which good business ethics and good business practice are aligned is a matter of debate - from a good business practice perspective.
Whilst on the one hand, paying suppliers at the latest legally possible moment is good accounting practice (unless the business is in the process of nurturing certain suppliers for other business reasons)  paying them late (i.e. illegally) being excessively litigious and using the media to justify concerns raised can tarnish business relationships and deter potential suppliers, partners and investors which can ultimately harm the business. 

Whilst we don't know the facts yet, it does seem as if Anderson stumbles from one contentious issue to another - although he always writes press releases blaming the other party. 

What are the chances of just about everyone that Anderson deals with - business partners, players, suppliers, potential investors, sections of the media etc - ALL turning out to be assholes trying to screw him as he claims? 

Is Anderson really the unluckiest businessman on the planet?

157 Re: Time for Anderson to deliver on Mon Jul 30 2018, 11:34

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:What are the chances of just about everyone that Anderson deals with - business partners, players, suppliers, potential investors, sections of the media etc - ALL turning out to be assholes trying to screw him as he claims? 

Is Anderson really the unluckiest businessman on the planet?

Everyone that Anderson deals with?

Aren't we forgetting the people who monitor, regulate issue and take back the licence to even play football professionally, the EFL, the independent business that virtually holds the immediate future of the club in its hands - but who 'knocked off £1 million of the sum supposedly owed to it by the club and binned the ridiculous interest rate that Holdsworth had set on it - BluMarble, the appointed liquidator of Holdsworth's now defunked SSBWFC Ltd, who dealt with Anderson and found him the best person to sell Holdsworth shares to, HMRC who have negotiated and agreed a bond with KA to ensure no further problems of outstanding taxes from the club, the judges at the various court hearings who have always been happy to go along with KA's preferred outcomes, Bolton Council who ruled in favour to lift the ridiculous ACV obtained by the ST on the hotel, car park and other bits and bobs, Brett Warburton and Prescot Business Park for deferring repayments on their 'soft loans, and Eddie Davies for writing off £198 million?

In fact EVERY single person with any authority, say, influence, financing or future direction of the club - I repeat, every single one of them - have backed Mr Kenneth Anderson on the running of the club - and those that are still relevant to its future still obviously do - or we would have soon heard otherwise!

Funny how all these influential movers and shakers and fundamental to the club even remaining in business have somehow escaped your mind when painting your picture of Anderson.

Not that you have an agenda against Anderson or anything though is it?

158 Re: Time for Anderson to deliver on Mon Jul 30 2018, 13:14

Kane57

avatar
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Out of interest, when you said you were takjng a step back to deal with your interests outside the forum, do you have a date in mind?

159 Re: Time for Anderson to deliver on Mon Jul 30 2018, 15:00

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
In fact EVERY single person with any authority, say, influence, financing or future direction of the club - I repeat, every single one of them - have backed Mr Kenneth Anderson on the running of the club - and those that are still relevant to its future still obviously do - or we would have soon heard otherwise!
You talk about "financing and future direction of the club" and yet every single investor that has expressed an interest in putting money into the club since he arrived has walked. 

And regardless of the spin Anderson has put on that unfortunate situation, it remains a fact.

160 Re: Time for Anderson to deliver on Mon Jul 30 2018, 18:01

Nigelbwfc


Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
In fact EVERY single person with any authority, say, influence, financing or future direction of the club - I repeat, every single one of them - have backed Mr Kenneth Anderson on the running of the club - and those that are still relevant to its future still obviously do - or we would have soon heard otherwise!
You talk about "financing and future direction of the club" and yet every single investor that has expressed an interest in putting money into the club since he arrived has walked. 

And regardless of the spin Anderson has put on that unfortunate situation, it remains a fact.
How do you mean, they've asked. Unless you have some inside information, I'm not sure they've walked but been found out. Anderson said one of them was a fraud. There was another con man who is now behind bars, but promised to give Holdsworth money ( from what I heard). 

As I've said before there are a lot of big time Charlie's, but doubt many with substance have come forward.

161 Re: Time for Anderson to deliver on Mon Jul 30 2018, 19:30

Maurice Greene


David Ngog
David Ngog
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
In fact EVERY single person with any authority, say, influence, financing or future direction of the club - I repeat, every single one of them - have backed Mr Kenneth Anderson on the running of the club - and those that are still relevant to its future still obviously do - or we would have soon heard otherwise!
You talk about "financing and future direction of the club" and yet every single investor that has expressed an interest in putting money into the club since he arrived has walked. 

And regardless of the spin Anderson has put on that unfortunate situation, it remains a fact.

If what you are saying here is a fact, then could you please provide links to the sources where you are reading these facts so that we can all see them for ourselves.

Because of course, you wouldn’t want to say anything that was “based on unprovable accusations and the absence of evidence” would you?

162 Re: Time for Anderson to deliver on Mon Jul 30 2018, 19:58

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
In fact EVERY single person with any authority, say, influence, financing or future direction of the club - I repeat, every single one of them - have backed Mr Kenneth Anderson on the running of the club - and those that are still relevant to its future still obviously do - or we would have soon heard otherwise!
You talk about "financing and future direction of the club" and yet every single investor that has expressed an interest in putting money into the club since he arrived has walked. 

And regardless of the spin Anderson has put on that unfortunate situation, it remains a fact.

If what you are saying here is a fact, then could you please provide links to the sources where you are reading these facts so that we can all see them for ourselves.

Because of course, you wouldn’t want to say anything that was “based on unprovable accusations and the absence of evidence” would you?
No problem. You show me the list of new investors in the club and I'll agree with you.

163 Re: Time for Anderson to deliver on Mon Jul 30 2018, 20:03

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Let's have a little decorum.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

164 Re: Time for Anderson to deliver on Mon Jul 30 2018, 20:36

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Let's have a little decorum.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I don't fight girls, but that lad needs to tuck in behind his guard and build on his jab. Plus she's wide open for an uppercut.

165 Re: Time for Anderson to deliver on Mon Jul 30 2018, 21:26

Maurice Greene


David Ngog
David Ngog
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
In fact EVERY single person with any authority, say, influence, financing or future direction of the club - I repeat, every single one of them - have backed Mr Kenneth Anderson on the running of the club - and those that are still relevant to its future still obviously do - or we would have soon heard otherwise!
You talk about "financing and future direction of the club" and yet every single investor that has expressed an interest in putting money into the club since he arrived has walked. 

And regardless of the spin Anderson has put on that unfortunate situation, it remains a fact.

If what you are saying here is a fact, then could you please provide links to the sources where you are reading these facts so that we can all see them for ourselves.

Because of course, you wouldn’t want to say anything that was “based on unprovable accusations and the absence of evidence” would you?
No problem. You show me the list of new investors in the club and I'll agree with you.

There is no argument that there are no new investors. All I am doing is asking for the evidence for the assertion you make, that it is a fact that every single investor...has walked.

So if you are saying that they were all genuine potential investors, with verifiable funding, who were dissuaded after discussions with Ken Anderson, then I again ask for the evidence that proves your fact.

166 Re: Time for Anderson to deliver on Thu Aug 09 2018, 13:30

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
In fact EVERY single person with any authority, say, influence, financing or future direction of the club - I repeat, every single one of them - have backed Mr Kenneth Anderson on the running of the club - and those that are still relevant to its future still obviously do - or we would have soon heard otherwise!
You talk about "financing and future direction of the club" and yet every single investor that has expressed an interest in putting money into the club since he arrived has walked. 

And regardless of the spin Anderson has put on that unfortunate situation, it remains a fact.

If what you are saying here is a fact, then could you please provide links to the sources where you are reading these facts so that we can all see them for ourselves.

Because of course, you wouldn’t want to say anything that was “based on unprovable accusations and the absence of evidence” would you?
No problem. You show me the list of new investors in the club and I'll agree with you.

There is no argument that there are no new investors. All I am doing is asking for the evidence for the assertion you make, that it is a fact that every single investor...has walked.

So if you are saying that they were all genuine potential investors, with verifiable funding, who were dissuaded after discussions with Ken Anderson, then I again ask for the evidence that proves your fact.
I still don't get what you're rambling on about. The facts are there. Anderson spun a story about how it was his job to bring in the much needed investment and cited 20 or 30 million was needed. Fact. Anderson has spoken to loads of potential investors over his tenure. Fact. They've all walked away - after meeting Anderson. Fact. What more do you want? A description of how they walked? This bit is only speculation but I imagine the answer is "quickly".

Meanwhile does anyone reckon that Anderson will spend more than half a million on the team? I don't but I hope he's going to surprise me.

167 Re: Time for Anderson to deliver on Thu Aug 09 2018, 19:07

Maurice Greene


David Ngog
David Ngog
“I still don't get what you're rambling on about.”

There's none so blind as those who will not see.

Prov. You cannot make someone pay attention to something that he or she does not want to notice.

168 Re: Time for Anderson to deliver on Thu Aug 09 2018, 19:18

MartinBWFC

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
wanderlust. wrote:
Meanwhile does anyone reckon that Anderson will spend more than half a million on the team? I don't but I hope he's going to surprise me.
I think today has answered that question for you.

169 Re: Time for Anderson to deliver on Thu Aug 09 2018, 19:39

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
wanderlust. wrote:
Meanwhile does anyone reckon that Anderson will spend more than half a million on the team? I don't but I hope he's going to surprise me.
I think today has answered that question for you.
TBH I thought the 200k was a surprise but I guess he had to do something to have any sort of credence in his PR output left - I anticipate the "we tried, but..." story mentioned in the top of the thread will be out shortly. Hopefully we'll be lucky in the loanee department? Noticed Spurs have put enormous faith in their youth development programme having played them in the preseason so I imagine we won't be getting anyone from them. United lad perhaps?
Also wondering if Connor Hall will be kept on now.

170 Re: Time for Anderson to deliver on Thu Aug 09 2018, 22:13

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:“I still don't get what you're rambling on about.”

There's none so blind as those who will not see.

Prov. You cannot make someone pay attention to something that he or she does not want to notice.
...and yet it is you that has blind faith in a previously convicted man so clearly you "don't want to notice" his previous form and are not only prepared to completely trust him despite the facts, but to have the cheek to admonish me for not putting my complete faith in him.

171 Re: Time for Anderson to deliver on Thu Aug 09 2018, 23:39

Maurice Greene


David Ngog
David Ngog
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:“I still don't get what you're rambling on about.”

There's none so blind as those who will not see.

Prov. You cannot make someone pay attention to something that he or she does not want to notice.
...and yet it is you that has blind faith in a previously convicted man so clearly you "don't want to notice" his previous form and are not only prepared to completely trust him despite the facts, but to have the cheek to admonish me for not putting my complete faith in him.

Oh dear... there you go again.

I have not proffered my views on Ken Anderson so you’re making things up - yet again.

Of course I have views on Ken but, for the record, they are not the ones you have made up.

And neither have I admonished you for not putting your complete faith in him. I have no problem with that if it is your opinion, to which you are entitled.

All I have done is to ask for the evidence for your statements of facts, which, by the way, are still not forthcoming.

172 Re: Time for Anderson to deliver on Sat Aug 18 2018, 13:45

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:“I still don't get what you're rambling on about.”

There's none so blind as those who will not see.

Prov. You cannot make someone pay attention to something that he or she does not want to notice.
...and yet it is you that has blind faith in a previously convicted man so clearly you "don't want to notice" his previous form and are not only prepared to completely trust him despite the facts, but to have the cheek to admonish me for not putting my complete faith in him.

Oh dear... there you go again.

I have not proffered my views on Ken Anderson so you’re making things up - yet again.

Of course I have views on Ken but, for the record, they are not the ones you have made up.

And neither have I admonished you for not putting your complete faith in him. I have no problem with that if it is your opinion, to which you are entitled.

All I have done is to ask for the evidence for your statements of facts, which, by the way, are still not forthcoming.
Apologies if I've misunderstood you, however the facts are in post 166. 
The widespread distrust of Anderson is not unjustifiable but I imagine we'll only know the truth after he has exited as every single press release is spun to death.

173 Re: Time for Anderson to deliver on Sat Aug 18 2018, 13:49

Nigelbwfc


Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:“I still don't get what you're rambling on about.”

There's none so blind as those who will not see.

Prov. You cannot make someone pay attention to something that he or she does not want to notice.
...and yet it is you that has blind faith in a previously convicted man so clearly you "don't want to notice" his previous form and are not only prepared to completely trust him despite the facts, but to have the cheek to admonish me for not putting my complete faith in him.

Oh dear... there you go again.

I have not proffered my views on Ken Anderson so you’re making things up - yet again.

Of course I have views on Ken but, for the record, they are not the ones you have made up.

And neither have I admonished you for not putting your complete faith in him. I have no problem with that if it is your opinion, to which you are entitled.

All I have done is to ask for the evidence for your statements of facts, which, by the way, are still not forthcoming.
Apologies if I've misunderstood you, however the facts are in post 166. 
The widespread distrust of Anderson is not unjustifiable but I imagine we'll only know the truth after he has exited as every single press release is spun to death.
He had previous form, which he has paid the price for. He still denies he did anything wrong by the way.

However, just because he made a mistake once, doesn't mean he's wrong this time. 

He seems to be getting things right on and of the pitch. Only time will tell.

174 Re: Time for Anderson to deliver on Sat Aug 18 2018, 13:59

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:“I still don't get what you're rambling on about.”

There's none so blind as those who will not see.

Prov. You cannot make someone pay attention to something that he or she does not want to notice.
...and yet it is you that has blind faith in a previously convicted man so clearly you "don't want to notice" his previous form and are not only prepared to completely trust him despite the facts, but to have the cheek to admonish me for not putting my complete faith in him.

Oh dear... there you go again.

I have not proffered my views on Ken Anderson so you’re making things up - yet again.

Of course I have views on Ken but, for the record, they are not the ones you have made up.

And neither have I admonished you for not putting your complete faith in him. I have no problem with that if it is your opinion, to which you are entitled.

All I have done is to ask for the evidence for your statements of facts, which, by the way, are still not forthcoming.
Apologies if I've misunderstood you, however the facts are in post 166. 
The widespread distrust of Anderson is not unjustifiable but I imagine we'll only know the truth after he has exited as every single press release is spun to death.
He had previous form, which he has paid the price for. He still denies he did anything wrong by the way.

However, just because he made a mistake once, doesn't mean he's wrong this time. 

He seems to be getting things right on and of the pitch. Only time will tell.
I think one thing we can all agree on is that we all hope that this austerity is for the benefit of the club and not to line his family's pockets. As you say, time will tell.

175 Re: Time for Anderson to deliver on Sat Aug 18 2018, 18:14

Maurice Greene


David Ngog
David Ngog
I think one thing we can all agree on is that we all hope that this austerity is for the benefit of the club and not to line his family's pockets. As you say, time will tell.

I agree with that.

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum