Last Match: Rotherham 1-1 Bolton (Doidge)
Next Match: Bolton v Forest on Wednesday 8pm Live

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Transfer rumours !

Transfer rumours !

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 30]

151 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Sun Jul 22 2018, 10:22

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
We shouldn't be going anywhere near any player with a recent injury history. It's these sort of signings that contributed to the mess we're in today.

If they'll play on a "pay as you play" basis then fair enough, but anything else is contract suicide.

152 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Sun Jul 22 2018, 10:50

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
True, but Sluffy is right in that talented players with no questions against their ability to play every week are likely to be out of our price range. Got to put faith in the medical team to make their judgement and offer a contract reflective of that. One success story in recent years is Wheater - the last 2 seasons have got to be his most consistent run of games since joining us way back when.

153 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Sun Jul 22 2018, 12:13

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
Tweet from Nixon (in answer to a Sunderland fan) -

Wyke price ... 750.

154 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Sun Jul 22 2018, 12:24

DEANO82

avatar
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Tweet from Nixon (in answer to a Sunderland fan) -

Wyke price ... 750.

Wigan apparently interested in him as well.

We have been linked with a Watford defender but his name is prefixed with the words injury hit.

155 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Sun Jul 22 2018, 12:27

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
Nixon's article in todays paper -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

We have however been playing former Colchester (their players player of the year last season) keeper Sam Walker in a number of our warm up games this season.

156 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Sun Jul 22 2018, 14:23

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
With the financial position remaining precarious despite the windfall of the Madine fee - a trick we won't be able to replicate this time around - we have to be financially prudent for the foreseeable future and survival remains our priority again. So far we have gambled on signings who are being asked to find the form they once had or step up to a higher level and we can't really find fault in that approach, but ultimately it is a gamble. That said, our goal return last year was poor and it's fairly clear we do need to bring in a proven goal scorer which could be Wyke but I'm really hoping there's are others lined up in case the price becomes prohibitive. 
We may well try to supplement the squad with a few loan signings and free agents but Parky tends not to play them much. Apart from Reece Burke who was a regular and Flanagan who played a few at the death, most of the loanees we got last season hardly got a game - Harry Charsley (1) Obasi (0) Kirchhoff (4) Tyler Walker (5) and Clough (9) so I'm hoping that if we do sign up a few loanees they'll be better than what we have and ready to go rather than being a drain on the wage budget.
But we do need another striker, someone to compete with Lowe for the defensive mid spot and CB cover IMHO - i.e. reinforce the spine of the team as we should be OK on the flanks now if all goes well.

157 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Sun Jul 22 2018, 16:49

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:With the financial position remaining precarious despite the windfall of the Madine fee - a trick we won't be able to replicate this time around - we have to be financially prudent for the foreseeable future and survival remains our priority again. So far we have gambled on signings who are being asked to find the form they once had or step up to a higher level and we can't really find fault in that approach, but ultimately it is a gamble. That said, our goal return last year was poor and it's fairly clear we do need to bring in a proven goal scorer which could be Wyke but I'm really hoping there's are others lined up in case the price becomes prohibitive. 
We may well try to supplement the squad with a few loan signings and free agents but Parky tends not to play them much. Apart from Reece Burke who was a regular and Flanagan who played a few at the death, most of the loanees we got last season hardly got a game - Harry Charsley (1) Obasi (0) Kirchhoff (4) Tyler Walker (5) and Clough (9) so I'm hoping that if we do sign up a few loanees they'll be better than what we have and ready to go rather than being a drain on the wage budget.
But we do need another striker, someone to compete with Lowe for the defensive mid spot and CB cover IMHO - i.e. reinforce the spine of the team as we should be OK on the flanks now if all goes well.

Are you doing this on purpose?

Robinson was on loan from Everton and played 33 first team games - yet you never even mention him???

Is that because the facts don't fit in with your mantra that Parkinson doesn't play loan players much?

You also forgot about Josh Cullen who was on loan from West Ham and played twelve league games in half a season.  (Reece Burke who you tell as was a regular actually only played 14 league games in a full season in comparison).

Which teams did we loan Obasi and Kirchoff from???

The answer is we didn't - they were our signings.

If you are counting them as free agents then what about including Karl Henry who played 26 league games for us and Craig Noone who played 16?

We also only have one left back in our squad, not think we might need another just in case?

What point exactly are you trying to make when half your facts you base your opinion on are simply wrong or incomplete???

158 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Sun Jul 22 2018, 17:22

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I've had enough. Every thread descends into this childish tit-for-tat.

It's definitely killing the site, yet the powers that be can't see it.

Nice knowing you all, time for me to post elsewhere.

159 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Sun Jul 22 2018, 17:38

Growler


Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
Anderson paying his players their wages late will make selling clubs demand tougher terms from Bolton.I expect Bradford to demand 100% cash up front from Anderson if ours is the highest bid for Wyke

160 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Sun Jul 22 2018, 18:25

Boggersbelief

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I've had enough. Every thread descends into this childish tit-for-tat.

It's definitely killing the site, yet the powers that be can't see it.

Nice knowing you all, time for me to post elsewhere.

Nats had a meltdown

161 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Sun Jul 22 2018, 18:45

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Anderson paying his players their wages late will make selling clubs demand tougher terms from Bolton.I expect Bradford to demand 100% cash up front from Anderson if ours is the highest bid for Wyke
In a similar vein there's a story going round that we have renewed our interest in Mark Milligan since the Socceroos world ranking climbed above the 50 mark [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] but his agent has openly expressed concern about our financial stability. Shame really because we could do with another beast in midfield.

162 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Sun Jul 22 2018, 18:54

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I've had enough. Every thread descends into this childish tit-for-tat.

It's definitely killing the site, yet the powers that be can't see it.

Nice knowing you all, time for me to post elsewhere.

In fairness to sluffy, his trolling of Lust is literally the only thing happening on the site anyway. It’s not as if he’s shutting down any other conversation.

163 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Sun Jul 22 2018, 19:24

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I've had enough. Every thread descends into this childish tit-for-tat.

It's definitely killing the site, yet the powers that be can't see it.

Nice knowing you all, time for me to post elsewhere.

In fairness to sluffy, his trolling of Lust is literally the only thing happening on the site anyway. It’s not as if he’s shutting down any other conversation.

I'm not even 'trolling' or 'shutting down' Wanderlust, I merely question why nearly every post he makes these days he makes statements that patently are not true.

Why would anyone feel that is being unreasonable of me?


164 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Sun Jul 22 2018, 19:24

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I've had enough. Every thread descends into this childish tit-for-tat.

It's definitely killing the site, yet the powers that be can't see it.

Nice knowing you all, time for me to post elsewhere.

Thank you for all that you've done for Nuts since it's inception in which you played a major role.

Nuts will be worse off for your leaving but best of luck for the future wherever you go.

Funnily enough I only said earlier today to the other 'powers that be' that I would write to you to enquire if you wanted to run the competitions that you normally do each season (even though you walked away from them halfway through last time over something so trivial and innocuous I still have no idea what your problem was?).

I have tried my hardest over the years to keep you inclusive in the site even though on a number of occasions you have tried to throw me and the other Admins off and replace us with initially Largehat and later Bread - and run the site as your own little kingdom, filled with all your fake accounts and deleting posts, threads and banning people you didn't like on a whim and your clear attitude of 'fuck the rest of us' as long as you are in charge and free to do whatever you wanted.

For your information I was personally going to inform you out of longstanding respect for you for all the good things you had done for the site in the past of our decision to appoint another Admin to the site, so that you didn't feel that you were having your nose pushed out - because that would be the last thing I had in mind - not withstanding your petulance and attempted coups behind the scenes because I ran the site fairly and honestly to all - even those who were frequently personally abusive to me.

Maybe Nuts will go into terminal decline after you walk away (it didn't the last time you decided not to post) maybe it won't but you are welcome back here at anytime if you would want to as long as we are still going.

Hope you find your new forum to be more to your liking than you clearly have found Nuts (and almost certainly myself) to be recently/for some time.

165 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Sun Jul 22 2018, 19:25

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Anderson paying his players their wages late will make selling clubs demand tougher terms from Bolton.I expect Bradford to demand 100% cash up front from Anderson if ours is the highest bid for Wyke
In a similar vein there's a story going round that we have renewed our interest in Mark Milligan since the Socceroos world ranking climbed above the 50 mark [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] but his agent has openly expressed concern about our financial stability. Shame really because we could do with another beast in midfield.

Agreed, but no idea whether Milligan is the answer. Priorities at the moment are LB, CB and ST just to start the season with enough.

166 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Sun Jul 22 2018, 19:47

Boggersbelief

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I’d like to throw my name forward for the admin position

167 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Sun Jul 22 2018, 20:00

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I’d like to throw my name forward for the admin position

:rofl:

168 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Sun Jul 22 2018, 20:11

Boggersbelief

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I’d like to throw my name forward for the admin position

:rofl:

What’s funny?

169 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Sun Jul 22 2018, 20:13

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I’d like to throw my name forward for the admin position

:rofl:

What’s funny?

I’m sure you had some mod powers a while back no?

170 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Sun Jul 22 2018, 20:15

Boggersbelief

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Never

171 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Sun Jul 22 2018, 20:15

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I’d like to throw my name forward for the admin position

Thank you.

Next!

172 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Sun Jul 22 2018, 20:20

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Laughing

173 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Sun Jul 22 2018, 20:24

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I’d like to throw my name forward for the admin position

Seriously I've tried to include you in the past but clearly you didn't want it.

Even I know that posting the single word of 'cunt' in reply to certain individuals is not the way forward.

No doubt you had a laugh whilst you were doing it but the thing is we are all here to have a laugh and not all here simply to give you a laugh.

174 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Sun Jul 22 2018, 20:29

Boggersbelief

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Yeah, you’re right. 

Daily stalking and abusing of other posters is the magic formula

175 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Sun Jul 22 2018, 20:31

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Yeah, you’re right. 

Daily stalking and abusing of other posters is the magic formula

Maybe not.

But calling them 'cunt's' is definitely not.

Even I know that.

176 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Sun Jul 22 2018, 20:35

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
To be fair, it’s the worst four letter word of them all.

177 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Sun Jul 22 2018, 20:35

Boggersbelief

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Yeah you keep referring to something I said weeks ago. 

I can’t be bothered to list the many offensive words that you call wanderlust, and anyone that disagrees with you

178 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Sun Jul 22 2018, 20:37

Boggersbelief

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:To be fair, it’s the worst four letter word of them all.

Didn’t you say something about someone’s kids/wife once upon a time? Can’t remember exactly but I will always remember that you did, so let’s not go there

179 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Sun Jul 22 2018, 20:38

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:To be fair, it’s the worst four letter word of them all.

Didn’t you say something about someone’s kids/wife once upon a time? Can’t remember exactly but I will always remember that you did, so let’s not go there

What was that? Was it about Kane with playing Champ Manager?

180 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Sun Jul 22 2018, 20:39

Boggersbelief

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
It was many moons ago. But i never forget

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 30]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum