Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer rumours !

+30
Bollotom2014
WanderersStationSimon
finlaymcdanger
NickFazer
gloswhite
Maurice Greene
bryan458
wessy
rammywhite
Growler
Keegan
Kane57
Leeds_Trotter
y2johnny
karlypants
xmiles
Nigelbwfc
Dunkels King
Natasha Whittam
DEANO82
observer
BoltonTillIDie
Cajunboy
boltonbonce
Norpig
MartinBWFC
Boggersbelief
Sluffy
luckyPeterpiper
wanderlust
34 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 30 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 50]

211Transfer rumours ! - Page 12 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jul 23 2018, 10:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looks like the Wyke thing is coming to a head one way or the other today, but I was encouraged to see Parky confirm he has back up plans if it falls through. Sunderland can easily outbid us if they want him enough.

Would love to know who Parky's other striker targets are.

Hobbs is an unusual signing. Allardyce tried to sign him for us in 2005 but he went to Liverpool. "Injury prone" sums up this poor lads career since then so I'm surprised he was only given 5 minutes or so against Girona.

212Transfer rumours ! - Page 12 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jul 23 2018, 10:40

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Josef Martinez
Blimey - that's an interesting shout. Has he come over for a trial?

213Transfer rumours ! - Page 12 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jul 23 2018, 11:10

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

wanderlust wrote:
He was linked with Everton for about 6 million a couple of weeks back. So doubt he has come for a trial with us.

214Transfer rumours ! - Page 12 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jul 23 2018, 11:33

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wyke injured for about 6 weeks...

215Transfer rumours ! - Page 12 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jul 23 2018, 12:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Wyke injured for about 6 weeks...
We seem to be in for injury prone players so I don't think that will put Parky off, but I am worried about the escalating price. To me it doesn't make sense to pay top dollar for a lower league striker who hasn't played at Championship level especially in a time when our biggest battle is to achieve financial stability. Surely there must be other options at a more affordable price?

216Transfer rumours ! - Page 12 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jul 23 2018, 12:16

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The injury should reduce the price

217Transfer rumours ! - Page 12 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jul 23 2018, 12:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:The injury should reduce the price
Maybe but I'd have thought that Sunderland can afford to be less risk-averse than us seeing as they're rolling in money, and Bradford will wring every last penny they can get out of the deal. Perhaps one thing in our favour is that Parky knows the Bradford board and maybe they'll cut him some slack, but I just don't think they love him that much to turn down a bigger bid.

218Transfer rumours ! - Page 12 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jul 23 2018, 12:49

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

DEANO82 wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
He was linked with Everton for about 6 million a couple of weeks back. So doubt he has come for a trial with us.
Apparently he ruined Wayne Rooney's full debut for DC United by scoring a hat trick yesterday. Rooney was booked and then subbed.

219Transfer rumours ! - Page 12 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jul 23 2018, 13:06

wanderlust wrote:
Maybe but I'd have thought that Sunderland can afford to be less risk-averse than us seeing as they're rolling in money, and Bradford will wring every last penny they can get out of the deal. Perhaps one thing in our favour is that Parky knows the Bradford board and maybe they'll cut him some slack, but I just don't think they love him that much to turn down a bigger bid.

Ellis has pulled the plug at Sunderland so they're very much not rolling in money. Wyke wise, I think you’d be surprised how little a million pounds gets you for a striker these days. Look at the prices being quoted for Jack Marriott say.

220Transfer rumours ! - Page 12 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jul 23 2018, 13:28

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Ellis has pulled the plug at Sunderland so they're very much not rolling in money. Wyke wise, I think you’d be surprised how little a million pounds gets you for a striker these days. Look at the prices being quoted for Jack Marriott say.

They have a new owner

221Transfer rumours ! - Page 12 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jul 23 2018, 13:49

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

They have a new owner
Not sure how much Stewart Donald has invested in the club but they got £2 million for selling Asoro to Swansea the other week, £5 million for McNair, £6.6 million for N'Dong and another £6 million for Lens back in February. Then they slashed their wage bill by dumping the likes of Rodwell (£73K a week!) O'Shea etc and have already got over 20000 season ticket sales so it looks their situation is reasonably healthy compared to ours.
I appreciate that strikers are expensive but am just wondering whether or not the club have exhausted all other lines of enquiry here and abroad before splashing out so much on a League 1 player.

222Transfer rumours ! - Page 12 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jul 23 2018, 14:04

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Reports from Belgium saying Dorian Dervite has signed for Charleroi.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

223Transfer rumours ! - Page 12 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jul 23 2018, 18:07

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Who cares?

224Transfer rumours ! - Page 12 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jul 23 2018, 22:05

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Marc Wilson apparently was the one who was supposed to be announced today according to LOV

225Transfer rumours ! - Page 12 Empty Transfers Tue Jul 24 2018, 08:44

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Marc Wilson apparently was the one who was supposed to be announced today according to LOV
Didn't he use to commentate for Tower FM?

226Transfer rumours ! - Page 12 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Jul 24 2018, 09:26

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Marc Wilson apparently was the one who was supposed to be announced today according to LOV
Article in the BN suggests he'll be used as a utility defender even though he's played FB most of his career. Sounds like a done deal.

227Transfer rumours ! - Page 12 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Jul 24 2018, 09:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Steven Gerrard/Rangers [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Wouldn't mind losing Beevers providing we get someone like Jack Baldwin in, but again we'd be competing directly with Sunderland for his services.

Last edited by wanderlust on Tue Jul 24 2018, 09:59; edited 1 time in total

228Transfer rumours ! - Page 12 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Jul 24 2018, 09:56

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

wanderlust wrote:Steven Gerrard/Rangers [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Could be good news. Sell Beevers for £3 million, 1 million Wyke, sign Hobbs and another centre back.

229Transfer rumours ! - Page 12 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Jul 24 2018, 09:59

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:Steven Gerrard/Rangers [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Interesting - if he goes its another player who's decided to end his career. Celtic would love this as it means that Griffiths, Dembele, Edouard, Sinclair and anyone else playing against Rangers is guaranteed goals.

230Transfer rumours ! - Page 12 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Jul 24 2018, 10:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nigelbwfc wrote:
Could be good news. Sell Beevers for £3 million, 1 million Wyke, sign Hobbs and another centre back.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
£400k tops?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 30 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum