You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Transfer rumours !

Transfer rumours !

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down  Message [Page 28 of 30]

811 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri Aug 31 2018, 09:29

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Chris Manning has put an interesting argument for the return of Clough on LoV [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 
Never been a big fan of Clough and I tend to think that a lot of the hype is based on "he's one of our own" sentimentality, but he may have a point based on the fact that it's a different team now.
Question is whether or not his playing style is what we need in a striker.
Personally I reckon that our strength is defending in numbers which leaves us a bit short up front and therefore we need pace to counterattack quickly so I'd prefer a striker with raw pace. Parky seems to be after another "target man" if the names we've been associated with are anything to go by. Boggers reckons we'll get Forestieri which would be more craftsmanlike around the box.
The case for Clough though is that he can drift around and find decent positions and used to know where the goal is. 
We need a striker of some description in today and if Parky can't get his targets would anyone settle for Clough coming back?

PS: Is it likely that Parky is looking for another target man as he's only going to play one striker anyway?

812 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri Aug 31 2018, 09:49

gloswhite

Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
If Clough was the only striker we had, we would get battered every time. He is too lightweight, and seems to think that 10 minutes of actual effort in a game is sufficient. he had a chance, a very good one, and never took it.

813 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri Aug 31 2018, 09:52

rammywhite

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
I wouldn't settle for Clough- he's a busted flush. He was OK for us a  few years ago when he was a crafty player but he showed nothing of that at Forest nor when he was on loan last season. He's a luxury we can't afford.
We need some one whose raw, miskicks the ball occasionally, falls over a few times and fluffs a few chances- but who can unsettle defences.
He's lurking in the lower divisions somewhere.

814 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri Aug 31 2018, 09:54

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I wouldn't settle for Clough- he's a busted flush. He was OK for us a  few years ago when he was a crafty player but he showed nothing of that at Forest nor when he was on loan last season. He's a luxury we can't afford.
We need some one whose raw, miskicks the ball occasionally, falls over a few times and fluffs a few chances- but who can unsettle defences.

You want us to sign someone who Falls over and miss kicks the ball?

815 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri Aug 31 2018, 09:57

Nigelbwfc

David Lee
David Lee
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I wouldn't settle for Clough- he's a busted flush. He was OK for us a  few years ago when he was a crafty player but he showed nothing of that at Forest nor when he was on loan last season. He's a luxury we can't afford.

He's talkinh about a new Gary Madine.

816 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri Aug 31 2018, 10:01

T.R.O.Y

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I’d love Clough back, he’s a good option and I think some of the comments on him are a little harsh. He was a big player for us before he went to Forest, shouldn’t write that off because he’s having a rough time.

He’s a risk I’d be willing to take if we also got in an out and out striker - which is looking increasingly unlikely.

817 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri Aug 31 2018, 10:03

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I just think that if Parky plays to the teams strengths - which he didn't v Sheff U - there'll be one striker and very few chances as the focus will be on not conceding.

818 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri Aug 31 2018, 10:03

Norpig

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Where is Vaz Te these days?  Very Happy

819 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri Aug 31 2018, 10:17

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Where is Vaz Te these days?  Very Happy

China.

820 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri Aug 31 2018, 10:22

rammywhite

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

That's it Boggers- but who scores a few goals along the way. Kevin Davies was good at falling over! And so is Neymar. I'd settle for him as well

821 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri Aug 31 2018, 10:27

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Papa Souare

822 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri Aug 31 2018, 10:48

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Papa Souare
A left back?

823 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri Aug 31 2018, 10:56

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
A left back?

Yes and currently plays for Crystal Palace.

824 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri Aug 31 2018, 11:00

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
A left back?

Yes and currently plays for Crystal Palace.
Yes but we don't want to be throwing our money away in a battle with Villa for his services as that would diminish the striker fund. or do we?

825 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri Aug 31 2018, 11:09

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
nothing in souare

826 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri Aug 31 2018, 11:25

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:nothing in souare

There's nothing in your ITK's TBH mate. Razz

827 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri Aug 31 2018, 11:30

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:nothing in souare

There's nothing in your ITK's TBH mate. Razz

We’ll see

828 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri Aug 31 2018, 12:33

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

829 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri Aug 31 2018, 13:18

Sluffy

Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

830 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri Aug 31 2018, 13:42

rammywhite

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
3 hours to go and the cupboard is still bare.

831 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri Aug 31 2018, 13:51

MartinBWFC

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:3 hours to go and the cupboard is still bare.
All piss and wind again from the club, put it out there, and when the window shuts it's the old "we tried" chestnut, as a club we're fucked.

832 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri Aug 31 2018, 13:52

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
90% of the deals are announced on or just after the deadline. Calm the fuck down

833 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri Aug 31 2018, 15:55

Norpig

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Not very hopeful with an hour to go, we need another striker!

834 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri Aug 31 2018, 16:04

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
BN expecting a no from Burton on Boyce. No on Cisse. Guess it's coming down to coughing up for the Southampton lad - or not. Maybe there are other irons in the fire? (he says optimistically)

835 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri Aug 31 2018, 16:10

Nigelbwfc

David Lee
David Lee
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:BN expecting a no from Burton on Boyce. No on Cisse. Guess it's coming down to coughing up for the Southampton lad - or not. Maybe there are other irons in the fire? (he says optimistically)
It's okay go with what we've got and look again in December. Pay a chunk of Blu marble debt off with what we were going to pay for a striker.

836 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri Aug 31 2018, 16:17

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
A load of emojis from Lee!

837 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri Aug 31 2018, 16:18

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
No details, but wouldn't surprise me if it's a FB Smile

838 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri Aug 31 2018, 16:31

Sluffy

Admin
Iles saying one signing just crossing the t's and dotting the i's and hopeful of a second signing too!

839 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri Aug 31 2018, 16:37

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Iles saying one signing just crossing the t's and dotting the i's and hopeful of a second signing too!
Forestieri has i's and t in it......

840 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri Aug 31 2018, 16:38

rammywhite

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:No details, but wouldn't surprise me if it's a FB Smile

I wonder if he's signed Nat on to work one of the turnstiles at home games?

Back to top  Message [Page 28 of 30]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum