Last Match: Rotherham 1-1 Bolton (Doidge)
Next Match: Bolton v Forest on Wednesday 8pm Live

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Ken Anderson - update.

Ken Anderson - update.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 9]

121 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Sat Jul 28 2018, 17:15

Cajunboy

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Is someone cooking the books?

Is Ken in a stew?

Last edited by Cajunboy on Sat Jul 28 2018, 17:17; edited 1 time in total

122 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Sat Jul 28 2018, 17:17

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Is someone cooking the books?
Couldn't be... we haven't paid Heathcote's so no cooking being done presently Very Happy

123 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Sat Jul 28 2018, 17:22

Nigelbwfc

David Lee
David Lee
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Don’t think either of those will have reached our bank as of yet then to be honest - although I’m no expert.
It doesn't reach BWFC bank account until the end of August. That is why Ken wants to pay player bonuses at the end of August.

124 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Sat Jul 28 2018, 18:24

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Is someone cooking the books?

Is Ken in a stew?
Ouch! Smile

Rumour is that the "significant and escalating debt" is just for Fat Ken's dinners. The man's eating us out of house and home.

125 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Sat Jul 28 2018, 18:30

y2johnny

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Really is becoming pathetic on here. Certain people won't be happy until everyone is gone. Like Nat, im out.  Last We one out dont forgwt the lights.  Wont be long at this rate

126 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Sat Jul 28 2018, 19:20

Leeds_Trotter

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Really is becoming pathetic on here. Certain people won't be happy until everyone is gone. Like Nat, im out.  Last We one out dont forgwt the lights.  Wont be long at this rate

Come on Johnny, don't let people get to you. Stick around fella.

127 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Sat Jul 28 2018, 19:46

luckyPeterpiper

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Really is becoming pathetic on here. Certain people won't be happy until everyone is gone. Like Nat, im out.  Last We one out dont forgwt the lights.  Wont be long at this rate
Hey mate don't leave, the sane posters (what few of us are still here) need you. Smile

Besides, I think all this arguing should settle down once the footie gets underway, you know summer's always silly season on pretty much any forum and this summer has been sillier than most. Stick with it buddy, we'll soon be back to those who think PP is God and those who think he should be given his marching orders yesterday while at least one player will be declared worse than Mario Jardel and others will say that same player is our best signing since Jay Jay!

This forum ain't called "Nuts" for nothing. Wink

128 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Sat Jul 28 2018, 23:25

finlaymcdanger

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Someone should start a Nuts Mausoleum thread. Johnny shouldn’t have to go out on a Ken Anderson Update article. I didn’t realise Nat had gone too. Nuts Legends should be remembered, and occasionally resurrected, in a dedicated area on the site.

129 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Sun Jul 29 2018, 00:22

Sluffy

Admin
I've been out whilst all this shite has been happening but my attention was soon drawn to it as I had received an official complain about Wanderlust abuse, in particular relating to Johnny, as soon as I logged in to Nuts!

As I have a history dating back some time in relation to Wanderlust and as such I will take no part in the discussion as to what further action will be taken against him apart from the mandatory 24 hour ban that is issued simply to allow time for everyone to cool off.

I've said many times before that at the end of the day Nuts is YOUR forum, if you want it to succeed then help us make it better for all our sakes, if you want us to die, then you are going to have to wait for another two and a half years at least because we are in credit with the forum provider until that time.

As I mentioned at the start of the week I've taken on a load of work in real life and won't be about on here anything like I've been in recent months - it also allows me a rest from having to attempt to curb the unending and unsubstantiated bile from Wanderlust which several of you clearly have stated was doing the site no good by me doing so.

It seems allowing him to post without me being about is even worse for the site if today is anything to go by!

So as I say Wanderlust will be having a rest from posting tomorrow and maybe even further depending on what the other mods decide.

I do hope Johnny will consider returning to the forum soon as the place will be much the worse without him.

130 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Sun Jul 29 2018, 00:53

Sluffy

Admin
I know Ken's letter has been posted elsewhere on the forum already but just for completeness of this thread I post it here also -

I'm sure you will all, like myself, have been very pleased to see the team end pre-season on a high with victory over Peterborough United earlier today.

It was against a tough and competitive Peterborough United team who I am sure will do well in Sky Bet League One this season.

It is a result however that will set us in good stead ahead of the start of our own Sky Bet Championship campaign that gets underway next Saturday against West Brom.

I feel sure that you are all looking forward to the campaign as much as I am.

Hopefully, between now and our clash at The Hawthorns, we are looking to bring a number of exciting new signings to the club in order to have strength in depth for the 2018/19 season.

West Bromwich Albion will be a very tough test for us, having been recently relegated from the Premier League, but I firmly believe that our players will give the best account possible of themselves next Saturday.

I hope to see as many of you as possible down at The Hawthorns, cheering the team on.

I have been made aware of the statement issued today by SCC/Heathcotes to the Bolton News.

Whilst the club has stated that no further comments will be made, as the matter is now in the hands of our lawyers, l must place on record my view that their statement is both misleading and factually incorrect.

I am unable to go into detail of their numerous breaches to the agreement, but I was left with no choice but to withhold the monies that have now become due to them over the last week or so and that in normal circumstances only became due and payable yesterday afternoon. Despite numerous assurances, SCC have failed to repay the substantial amounts long overdue to us.

The agreement clearly sets out the procedures that either party can take in the event of a dispute, but once again, SCC/Heathcotes chose to ignore the process.

For the record, we have no problem in paying any monies we may currently owe to SCC/Heathcotes, provided they first of all pay us the amounts long overdue to us.

Indeed, in an effort to resolve the current issues quickly and promptly, l am happy to lodge the monies due to SCC/Heathcotes with their lawyers, if they first of all lodge what they owe us to our lawyers at the same time.

As SCC/Heathcotes have said there is one simple solution to the current issue, so let's both pay the gross amounts due to each other with no further arguments about set offs etc.

In the meantime, we still intend to terminate the agreement in view of their serious and ongoing breaches of the agreement.

l have also noted their comments about the staff of SCC/Heathcotes and can also personally reassure them, that once the agreement is terminated, they will have the usual TUPE protections available to them when we take control of the food and hospitality operations.

It is important to note that this dispute will have no adverse impact on our hosting of the Rugby League Challenge Cup semi-finals next Sunday and the start to the Sky Bet Championship campaign.

However, we will insist on an undertaking from SCC/Heathcotes that they will operate in accordance with the agreement and no further breaches will occur. In the event that this undertaking is not forthcoming, we have alternative arrangements in place.

It is unfortunate that we have had to take this course of action but recent events and the continuing serious breaches of the agreement left us with no alternative.​

Ken

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

131 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Mon Jul 30 2018, 21:38

Sluffy

Admin
It’s been a busy day in terms of player recruitment and I am really delighted to welcome on board two new players who will add strength and experience to the squad.
Jack Hobbs has been with us for most of pre-season and has impressed everybody during this time. As well as bringing experience on the field, his character will also be beneficial in the dressing room too.
Josh Magennis is a very exciting acquisition for the club and has been on our radar for quite some time. He’s a hard-working player who will cause problems for our opponents with his pace and power.
I am sure you will all join me in welcoming both Jack and Josh to the squad.

I just wanted to take this opportunity to clear up some confusion about Charlton’s Patrick Bauer. As we were concluding the deal for Josh we were made aware that Blackburn were interested in Bauer. We enquired as to how much Charlton valued Bauer at and that is where we left it. We certainly made no bid for the player.

The duo join Jason Lowe, Erhun Oztumer, Clayton Donaldson, Pawel Olkowski, Yanic Wildschut and Marc Wilson, who joined us over the summer as well as Ben Alnwick and Sammy Ameobi wo re-joined the club on new deals.
We are still working hard to bring in some more new faces before Saturday’s game at West Brom.

We’ve done our utmost to strengthen the squad with some quality recruits and I believe that now is the ideal time for those supporters who haven’t yet renewed their season tickets to do so. The squad we have assembled is stronger than the one we had last season and I think we are in for an exciting campaign.
Don’t miss out, there is still time to take advantage of the great savings to be made by being a Bolton Wanderers season ticket holder. Click here for more information and show your support for Phil and the players.

I am pleased to confirm that we will be in a position to announce our new naming rights partner on Wednesday morning. So please stay tuned for this exciting news.

Unfortunately, the dispute with SCC/Heathcotes is still ongoing, but I found it somewhat strange to discover that Paul Heathcote recently stepped down as a director of SCC. I’m led to believe that he may reappoint himself imminently.

Ken

132 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Thu Aug 02 2018, 13:56

BoltonTillIDie

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
It doesn’t seem too long ago that we were all leaving the stadium feeling euphoric after that final day victory against Nottingham Forest. On that sunny afternoon, memories were made that will last forever.

And here we are on the eve of a new season starting with the excitement building and I for one cannot wait to see the lads in action at The Hawthorns on Saturday.

Our recruitment team has been exceptionally busy over the summer and the overall quality and strength of the squad has been improved.

I’d like to welcome Luke Murphy on board who joined earlier today which brings the total of new signings to nine players.

We are still working hard on bringing in some more new faces over the coming days and before the transfer window shuts next week it should of course be remembered that we can still sign loan players up to the end of August.

A player we were interested in signing was Charlie Wyke from Bradford City. We made a six-figure offer for him which we believe accurately represented his perceived value. I am led to believe that Sunderland came in and offered a fee rising to in excess of £1.2million for him and we lost out. It is my intention to operate this football club in a sustainable and commercially prudent manner and we won’t enter into a bidding war and make the same mistakes as previous regimes. We do a lot of research in ascertaining the value of a player and we will not go over that.

It is now approaching two-and-a-half years of my tenure at the club and we are only now starting to see light at the end of the tunnel and bring to a conclusion the shambolic legacy we inherited. As you are no doubt aware some of the commercial deals the club found itself in were nonsensical and unfathomable from a commercial perspective.

For example, several agents were “consulting” for the club and costing the club in excess of £1 million per annum and I am pleased to report that with the exception of one agent agreements have now been reached and finalised. This chapter has now been closed and we move on. Going forward, agents will only be paid in line with EFL and FIFA recommendations.

If you haven’t yet already, there is still time to buy or renew your season ticket ahead of our first home game on Saturday 11 August against Bristol City. With nine new faces in the squad, a new home kit and a new stadium name, make sure you don’t miss a minute of the action on home soil. Having a season ticket is the most cost effective way and you can watch Wanderers from just £15.22 per game. Click here for more information on how to get your Bolton Wanderers season ticket. Obviously, the more season tickets we sell the more revenue we have to invest in the club and players at all levels from the academy to the first team, not to forget the fortress-type atmosphere that you all create in your numbers.

Our home and away kits are in stock and are proving to be very popular, so please visit Bolton Central or buy them online and make sure you wear your colours with pride both at the University of Bolton Stadium and on your travels.

On Wednesday, we were very pleased to announce the University of Bolton as our new naming rights partner. This will be an exciting and long-term strategic partnership which will be beneficial for both parties and we look forward to working with them.

Following on from BBC Radio Manchester signing a commentary deal with us, I’m pleased to confirm that local commercial radio station, Tower FM, will be our commercial radio partners for the forthcoming campaign.

Last month, the hotel received its record revenue for rooms and I must pay special thanks to Suzanne Speak and all her team. This is a very encouraging sign going forward and as you all know the hotel provides a vital and valuable income stream for the club. Please keep supporting them.

Unfortunately, we have not been able to negotiate with SCC/Heathcote’s on the uncommercial and loss making agreement for the club and its associated businesses and the dispute seems like it will be long lasting albeit we have issued notice to terminate the agreement for their various serious breaches of the agreement, which unfortunately are still ongoing.

The amount of the dispute was circa £100,000 and only due for payment at the end of last week; however, we were withholding payment pending them remedying their various serious breaches of the agreement. In order to be seen as trying to reach an amicable termination of the agreement, I reluctantly asked our accountant to process the payment along with any further monies falling due tomorrow and this payment has now been processed.

Unfortunately, even though Paul Heathcote is a ‘lifelong supporter of the club’ he decided to issue a winding up notice against Bolton Whites Hotel Ltd only a few days after the amount would have been due. I doubt anyone would see that as the actions of ‘a lifelong supporter’! No doubt he pays all his suppliers weekly and on time as we have to! The winding up petition will now be dismissed but I would ask everyone to consider if they want to support SCC/Heathcote’s other businesses in the light of his aggressive actions against the club.

I noted with particular interest Paul Heathcote’s comments about him being a lifelong supporter of the club. It is my impression that the club has been a longstanding financial supporter of SCC/Heathcote’s rather than the other way around.

We inherited an agreement which I can honestly say I do not comprehend how it was ever signed off by the previous regime but fortunately we are entering the final straight and even in the worst case scenario, SCC/Heathcote’s will be gone soon and we can move on with another operator on commercial terms.

Be loud, be proud and get behind the boys this weekend and throughout the season.

Kind regards,

Ken

133 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Thu Aug 02 2018, 14:03

BoltonTillIDie

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Some interesting points:

SCC/Heathcote payments have now been processed
SCC/Heathcote issued a winding up order due to the initial late payment
Advised people to consider before using SCC/Heathcote in future
Agents consulting for the club were costing in excess of £1million a year!  This has now been stopped.
We made a six-figure offer for Wyke, but Sunderland's deal is up to £1.2million
Season tickets and replica shirts are still available Very Happy

Last edited by BoltonTillIDie on Thu Aug 02 2018, 14:11; edited 1 time in total

134 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Thu Aug 02 2018, 14:04

Growler

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
So in a nutshell.....within a few days of Paul Heathcote withdrawing credit facilities at the Hotel due to unpaid money, Ken has paid him the 100 grand he owes him.

135 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Thu Aug 02 2018, 14:07

Nigelbwfc

David Lee
David Lee
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:So in a nutshell.....within a few days of Paul Heathcote withdrawing credit facilities at the Hotel due to unpaid money, Ken has paid him the 100 grand he owes him.
But is looking for ways of canceling the contract regards Heathcotes

136 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Thu Aug 02 2018, 14:17

Growler

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
Yes, he wants a caterer who will work for less money and doesn't want paying on time

137 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Thu Aug 02 2018, 14:20

Nigelbwfc

David Lee
David Lee
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Yes, he wants a caterer who will work for less money and doesn't want paying on time
Or one that pays us the money he owes to BWFC

138 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Thu Aug 02 2018, 14:21

BoltonTillIDie

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Ken clearly states the deal is a loss making deal for Bolton, obviously we wouldn't want that to continue so if there's a way out of it before the end of the contract then I'm sure he'll try to find a way (and so he should).

139 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Thu Aug 02 2018, 14:23

Sluffy

Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:So in a nutshell.....within a few days of Paul Heathcote withdrawing credit facilities at the Hotel due to unpaid money, Ken has paid him the 100 grand he owes him.

No that's not correct.

More like that a few days after Heathcote issued a winding up order Ken paid the £100 grand he owed him.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Yes, he wants a caterer who will work for less money and doesn't want paying on time

He'll take the contract back in house and safe himself a fortune - outsourcing work isn't always best or cost effective.

140 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Thu Aug 02 2018, 14:26

Nigelbwfc

David Lee
David Lee
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Ken clearly states the deal is a loss making deal for Bolton, obviously we wouldn't want that to continue so if there's a way out of it before the end of the contract then I'm sure he'll try to find a way (and so he should).
As Ken said in a previous comment

"Despite numerous assurances, SCC have failed to repay the substantial amounts long overdue to us."

Whether that's rent or whatever remains unclear

141 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Thu Aug 02 2018, 14:45

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I'm still at a loss to understand why the hotel was built in the first place and to hear that it doesn't generate income for the club and is a loss-maker only compounds that view.
I've always advocated the club running it's own facilities including accommodation and catering as it's easier to manage the risk if it's in-house and the profits go to the club. Those profits can be maximised by filling the stadium with discounted tickets for e.g. schools and other groups and has the added benefit of developing the next generation of fans. We should be making a killing from some events and instead we're hosting venues for other businesses to operate in.

142 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Thu Aug 02 2018, 14:48

BoltonTillIDie

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
The hotel isn't a loss maker is it? In fact I thought it generated money and as Ken stated
"Last month, the hotel received its record revenue for rooms and I must pay special thanks to Suzanne Speak and all her team. This is a very encouraging sign going forward and as you all know the hotel provides a vital and valuable income stream for the club. Please keep supporting them."

143 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Thu Aug 02 2018, 17:37

Growler

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

No that's not correct.

More like that a few days after Heathcote issued a winding up order Ken paid the £100 grand he owed him.

He'll take the contract back in house and safe himself a fortune - outsourcing work isn't always best or cost effective.

The end result is that Paul Heathcote has got what he wanted, his 100 grand off Anderson.within a week.

In my opinion the timing was key to this, if it wasn't the rugby league semi fianls this weekend, Heathcote wouldnt have got his money so quickly.

I think he's taken an opportunity and  got the better of Ken here, there's no way Ken would have fancied getting a new caterer within a few days for the rugby

144 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Thu Aug 02 2018, 17:49

Norpig

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
i read that KA has asked fans if they really want to use any of Heathcotes other businesses, it's getting ugly and again KA is washing his dirty laundry in public  Rolling Eyes

145 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Thu Aug 02 2018, 17:51

Growler

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:i read that KA has asked fans if they really want to use any of Heathcotes other businesses, it's getting ugly and again KA is washing his dirty laundry in public  Rolling Eyes
Awful behaviour from Ken, should we all jeer Paul Heathcote at the upcoming Food and Drink festival because Ken didn't want to pay him on time?

146 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Thu Aug 02 2018, 17:52

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
No. KA is doing what needs to be done, that tosspot Heathcote has drained the club of a lot of money and just like the over paid players he needs to be dispatched with.

147 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Sat Aug 04 2018, 11:36

Growler

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
It looks like Ken has changed his mind and hasn't paid the 100k he said he was going to pay Heathcote on Thursday. Shocked

148 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Mon Aug 06 2018, 15:21

Sluffy

Admin
For the 2,500 Wanderers fans who travelled to West Brom on Saturday, the performance and subsequent victory against a team that had played in the Premier League last season illustrated many characteristics about our team.
There was desire, togetherness, skill, solidity and determination. That we played in front of a partisan sold-out Hawthorns crowd, whose united expectation was that of a home victory, and battled every single second to pick up the three points highlights the progress we have made behind the scenes over the summer.
It was particularly pleasing to see the new signings, who made their debuts, play so well and for Josh Magennis and Yanic Wildschut to get on the scoresheet was fantastic to see.
Our squad has a real strength in depth and we now have options off the bench which can make an impact and difference as witnessed on Saturday. With the quality we have in the squad, there is strong competition for a place in the starting XI which is a great situation for the manager to have to deal with.

Our recruitment has not ended and by the time we take to the field on Saturday, I am hopeful that we’ll have brought in several new faces to squad ahead of this Thursday’s transfer deadline. The staff and players have worked so hard over the pre-season and I’m pleased for them and for all the Wanderers fans that we picked up the victory to get our campaign up and running on Day One.
I know the staff and players won’t get carried away and they’ll be working tirelessly this week to build on this victory with another powerful performance at home to Bristol City this weekend.

It would be fantastic if the crowd at the University of Bolton Stadium for this match could be boosted so you can all see for yourselves this new look team.
As you will remember from several games over the past couple of seasons, there have been occasions where the atmosphere has been intense which has played a huge part in intimidating our opponents. Let’s try and replicate this for every game as the players really respond to these levels of noise.
Season tickets can still be purchased from Bolton Central and they remain the most cost-effective way to watch Wanderers this season. Click here  for more details.
Match day tickets are also on sale, so please let your friends, family and colleagues know and encourage them to get behind Phil and the lads to turn the University of Bolton Stadium into a cauldron of noise. We know you can do it!
Also, don’t forget that the new home and away kit is in stock and available to buy online or from Bolton Central. On Saturday, at The Hawthorns, I was amazed at all the shirts I saw worn by Wanderers fans.

Off the field, it’s been a busy but successful summer of major events at the stadium which culminated with Rugby League Challenge Cup semi-finals on Sunday. I’d like to thank all the BWFC and Bolton Whites Hotel staff who have worked diligently over the summer months to help put on The Killers and Little Mix concerts as well as the Rugby League matches. The University of Bolton Stadium is now firmly back on the map as a major event venue which will have a positive impact on our revenue streams going forward.

I would like to take this opportunity to pay some special praise to our Head Groundsman Chris Simm and his groundstaff who have worked around the clock to ensure that the pitch not only recovered from the concerts for the rugby, but also to make sure that it’s in top shape ahead of this weekend’s game against Bristol City.

Finally, it was brought to my attention that Paul Heathcote released a statement to the Bolton News on Saturday morning. I found this to be somewhat odd in terms of timing, given that it was before our opening match of the season and ahead of the Rugby League semi-finals, so I chose not to make an immediate response as my focus, and that of everybody else at the football club, was on the match.
What I would like to say is that there were a number of inaccuracies in the statement, which shall be addressed in due course.
But the facts are simple in that SCC/Heathcotes have committed and continue to commit a number of serious breaches of the agreement since mid-July and until they remedy these breaches and give an undertaking not to repeat them, then the dispute will roll on and the matter will be dealt with by our respective lawyers.
In the meantime, neither the club, nor l will be making any further comments on the matter. Our focus is solely fixed on building a stronger squad and having a successful season on the pitch, particularly as the concerts and rugby have been a resounding success, and we now move on to football matters.
Kind regards,
Ken

149 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Mon Aug 06 2018, 16:15

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Still wondering who those faces will belong to if Ipswich are upping the ante.

150 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Mon Aug 06 2018, 19:05

Nigelbwfc

David Lee
David Lee
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Still wondering who those faces will belong to if Ipswich are upping the ante.
I'm still wondering about the boiler mascot at West Brom. Still it's different.

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum