Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ken Anderson - update.

+31
Sluffy
finlaymcdanger
wanderlust
Ososhot7
RustyNail
Reebok Trotter
xmiles
whatsgoingon
rammywhite
maconman
Hipster_Nebula
Ten Bobsworth
bryan458
terenceanne
Dunkels King
Travelodge
Keegan
Cajunboy
Kane57
DEANO82
Leeds_Trotter
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
Boggersbelief
observer
boltonbonce
Nigelbwfc
y2johnny
Growler
Natasha Whittam
luckyPeterpiper
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 33 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 50]

301Ken Anderson - update. - Page 16 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Oct 29 2018, 17:41

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It's always good to hear from Ken, he's such an inspiration.

302Ken Anderson - update. - Page 16 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Oct 29 2018, 20:15

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Ken's dream of getting one of the biggest crowds in recent seasons against Swansea is laughable.As Martin says the offer might put a few hundred on the gate.For most season ticket holders there is nothing in it for them.

The biggest gate of the season will be against Ipswich In April when its a fiver for everyone assuming Ken doesn't backtrack on that

303Ken Anderson - update. - Page 16 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Nov 02 2018, 09:58

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tomorrow evening we travel down to Villa Park with a grit and determination to build on our improved performance against Hull City last weekend.

As I have previously said, although the result was disappointing, we showed plenty of hunger and desire to get back on the points trail.

The belief and passion was there for all to see and it’s vitally important that we take the same determination and spirit into the Aston Villa game which I am sure will be another tough and competitive game with both teams wanting to get three points in front of the Sky Sports cameras and we need to try and send our travelling supporters home happy.

It’s worth noting that after 15 league games last season we had accumulated eight points. Going into Friday’s game and having already played 15 matches we are on 16 points.

Now I know that statistics and history do not affect the here and now, but it does put into context that we are still in a good position to climb higher up the table with approximately two-thirds of the season still remaining.

With your continued support and backing, I am convinced it’s only a matter of time before we get back on a run of good results.

Next Saturday, we take on Swansea City which will be our final home game before the international break. I do hope that all our season ticket holders will take advantage of the special offer whereby they can bring up to four additional guests for £10 each. Whilst there has been a great deal of media and social media coverage on ticket prices the uptake has been slow at the moment, which is a bit disappointing having tried to fulfil your pricing requests. If you haven’t yet done so, there is still plenty of time to take advantage of this special offer. More details can be found here.

I am conscious that it has been a while since I last updated you all with regards to potential investment.

As you will have seen from the media reports regarding other clubs, it does take quite a long time to strike a deal. Just look at our neighbours, Wigan Athletic, for example, whose takeover has been going on for quite a long time and has still not been finalised, although I am led to believe that it will happen this month. Charlton Athletic and Newcastle United are two other clubs which have been on the market for a considerable period of time and haven’t yet been sold.

We are in discussions with several parties still and as always, as soon as there is any progress, I will of course let you know.

In the meantime everyone is doing everything possible to try and ensure that the football club and hotel brings in as much revenue as possible through sponsorship, hospitality, tickets, retail and events as unfortunately we, like most others in the Championship, are struggling to compete with the ever increasing players, staff and operating costs which is why it is imperative we continue to grow match day attendances.

A limited amount of our black away shirts are now back in stock at Bolton Central and are available to buy now. If you missed out last time, don’t miss this opportunity to get hold of one of the shirts, which have proved to be immensely popular. You can order online by clicking here.

The third choice shirt will be in stock soon, and again I would urge you to pre-order today so you don’t miss out on owning one. There will only be a limited amount available in all sizes.

Both would make excellent Christmas gifts, but please hurry as we fully expect the stock to go very quickly.

The Bolton Wanderers International Football Programme held its Elite Pro Club Experience at Lostock and the Hotel the other week and it proved to be very successful once again. We have received some excellent feedback from the participants and I would like to thank Danny Clarke, James Ward, Margaret Graham and all those who have worked hard on this.

I would like to congratulate Jason Lowe and his partner on the birth of their baby boy who was born last night.

Finally, to those of you who are travelling down to the West Midlands tomorrow, enjoy the game and let’s be loud, let’s be proud and let’s get behind the boys.

Best wishes,

Ken

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

304Ken Anderson - update. - Page 16 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Nov 02 2018, 10:27

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Oh another sales pitch, fuck off Ken.

305Ken Anderson - update. - Page 16 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Nov 02 2018, 10:47

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was hoping for "I've finally got a buyer so I'm off" but instead it was (against Hull) "the belief and passion was there for all to see". Oh well.

306Ken Anderson - update. - Page 16 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Nov 02 2018, 11:06

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Marc Iles@MarcIles

[ltr]A list of the shareholders in Burnden Leisure Ltd landed at Companies House today. Take a look at number 66 [/ltr]

Interesting.

307Ken Anderson - update. - Page 16 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Nov 02 2018, 11:07

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Slow uptake on the Swansea offer? I don't want to go most weeks myself at the moment so the chance of getting 4 people to come with me are as remote as me having a threesome with Rachel Riley and Lily James.

308Ken Anderson - update. - Page 16 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Nov 02 2018, 11:11

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

MartinBWFC wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Marc Iles@MarcIles

[ltr]A list of the shareholders in Burnden Leisure Ltd landed at Companies House today. Take a look at number 66 [/ltr]

Interesting.
He owns shares that equates to 0.02 percent. Don't think he will be taking over anytime soon.

309Ken Anderson - update. - Page 16 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Nov 02 2018, 11:13

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Norpig wrote:Slow uptake on the Swansea offer? I don't want to go most weeks myself at the moment so the chance of getting 4 people to come with me are as remote as me having a threesome with Rachel Riley and Lily James.
I agree. I don't dislike 3 people enough to make them suffer for 90 minutes.

310Ken Anderson - update. - Page 16 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Nov 02 2018, 15:09

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

At least he mentioned that discussions are still on-going. Of course it's 50/50 that it's all Bull. 

Meanwhile It's interesting that he and others are still going on about our points total. We had some luck in those early games. If not for those results we could easily be dead bottom. Ken is kidding himself or conning us.....
Anyway lets try for three point today.....COYWM.

311Ken Anderson - update. - Page 16 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Nov 02 2018, 15:51

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:At least he mentioned that discussions are still on-going. Of course it's 50/50 that it's all Bull. 
As discussed elsewhere, everything points to Anderson getting increasingly desperate to sell - it's all about his stupid valuation and how much he is willing to bring his payoff in line with reality.

312Ken Anderson - update. - Page 16 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat Nov 03 2018, 13:30

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think we can all acknowledge that last night’s performance against Aston Villa was a significant improvement on our recent fixtures.

We created numerous chances and had an effort cleared off the line, which if it had gone in I am convinced the result would have been different.

We must remember that Villa are a Premier League club in all but name and have players in their squad who are of top flight quality.

I am happy with how we competed against them and the togetherness and camaraderie within our team is clear to see.

More of this and goals and points will follow.

Some of the decisions by the officials that didn’t go in our favour were somewhat baffling but I don’t really want to go into any further detail. I’m sure those of you who were at Villa Park and those who watched the game on Sky Sports will have your own opinions.

On another night, and had good fortune been on our side, then I am certain we would have got something from that game.

But I do share your disappointment and frustrations in the lack of points over recent weeks.

It hasn’t gone unnoticed that following our defeat against Villa last season we went on a positive run, so let’s hope history can repeat itself!

Our attention now focuses on our next match against Swansea just before the international break.

What is clear to see is that the players are right behind the manager and want to succeed not only for the club and fans but also for him and the staff.

Therefore, I want to put to an end any suggestion about an immediate managerial change.

As a club we have overcome greater challenges on the pitch in the past and together we will do it again.

We all need to stand together and back Phil and the players.

With the recent improvements in performance, it is only a matter of time before we put together a positive sequence of results.

So, let’s all get behind the club and show the manager and players your fantastic support when we host Swansea at the University of Bolton Stadium next Saturday.

We will be hoping to have Sammy Ameobi back in contention for this game, which will no doubt provide a welcome boost.

Following this, the international break will afford the squad the opportunity to refresh in readiness for another busy period in the run up to the festive period.

Don’t forget, the offer for season ticket holders is still available, who can bring up to four additional guests for just £10 each. More information can be found here.

Best wishes,

Ken

313Ken Anderson - update. - Page 16 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat Nov 03 2018, 13:42

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I think we can all acknowledge that last night’s performance against Aston Villa was a significant improvement on our recent fixtures.

More backtracking from Ken then, after the Nottingham Forest defeat results had to improve with "immediate effect" Since then its 0 points from 6 against two bottom half sides

Are the 12 sides above Aston Villa in the 2nd Division table all Premier League Clubs as well?

Aston Villa are  a club we have beaten many times in the recent past, even mediocre managers such as Owen Coyle and Colin Todd won league fixtures for Bolton at Villa Park, Ken

314Ken Anderson - update. - Page 16 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat Nov 03 2018, 14:24

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Growler wrote:

Aston Villa are  a club we have beaten many times in the recent past, even mediocre managers such as Owen Coyle and Colin Todd won league fixtures for Bolton at Villa Park, Ken
Yes but that doesn't count as BWFC were only formed in 2016 in Kens eyes.

315Ken Anderson - update. - Page 16 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat Nov 03 2018, 15:12

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

We must remember that Villa are a Premier League club in all but name

Nonsense.

Villa dropped out of the Premier League in the 2015-16 season having survived by the skin of their teeth (16th, 15th, 15th, 17th) for the previous four years. They haven't been secure since 2010-11 when Darren Bent and Ashley Young played for them.

His spins are wearing thin

Last edited by finlaymcdanger on Sat Nov 03 2018, 17:16; edited 1 time in total

316Ken Anderson - update. - Page 16 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat Nov 03 2018, 15:40

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

finlaymcdanger wrote:We must remember that Villa are a Premier League club in all but name

Nonsense.

Villa dropped out of the Premier League in the 2015-16 season having survived by the skin of their teeth (16th, 15th, 15th, 17th) for the previous four years. They haven't been secure since 2010-11 when Darren Bent and Ashley Young played for them.

His spins are wearing thing
As long as he is not wearing a thong.

317Ken Anderson - update. - Page 16 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat Nov 03 2018, 16:29

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I've never really had any issues with anything Anderson has said !!! until this !!! sorry Ken but your fucking delusional if you think this manager is gonna turn anything around, telling you this is gonna turn toxic ala Freedman !!!!

318Ken Anderson - update. - Page 16 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat Nov 03 2018, 17:02

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

One point above next to the bottom after Rotherham, Hull and Reading all won.I wonder if Ken is still backing the players and manager he slagged off two matches ago?

319Ken Anderson - update. - Page 16 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Nov 05 2018, 18:12

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

GWB29@GBower1877

[ltr]A reliable source, who knows the facts, tells me that the SCS (Paul Heathcote) bill is well over 100 grand and again Mr Anderson refuses to pay it. We’re back on that track far too quickly. Unpaid players, stories of PFA subs not handed over, now this. HMRC next and soon?[/ltr]

320Ken Anderson - update. - Page 16 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Nov 05 2018, 18:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is Boggers the "reliable source"?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 33 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum